Lord Kingdom

Crown The Empire - Sudden Sky (2019)

97 posts in this topic

Not even 320, smh pussies

Yay CTE, singles have been great, can't wait to listen

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Way better than Retrograde! Actually feels like they tried but still not The Fallout. Dont think they can ever top that! Still dig this album though 

• Upvote 3

Just now, DekinhoDesu said:

LOL SAID NO ONE EVER

That album was fckn awesome

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

All the singles have been better than most Retrograde tracks, so I'm pretty hyped for this. I think they're still hitting under their potential (or maybe not) especially instrumentally, but the song writing is listenable. Let's see how this goes.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Red Pills, MZRY, Under The Skin, Sequ3nce & Sudden Sky were a huge surprise to me, since they turned out to be goddamn bangers! Nice job, the guys delivered those Runaways vibes for me in the best possible way, fire! 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, this album "art" is lame. Literally haven't liked a song by these guys since The Fallout came out. Hoping the lyrics aren't as unoriginal this time around but I'm not expecting much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Not bad tbh, I don't know what people were expecting but this is fine

• Upvote 1

@Gandalfstormi literally don't understand what you tried to say.

1 minute ago, dvsr said:

Yeah, this album "art" is lame. Literally haven't liked a song by these guys since The Fallout came out. Hoping the lyrics aren't as unoriginal this time around but I'm not expecting much. 

Lame? The fuck? Have you seen how much fucking work was put into that? 
Watch the YouTube video before you whine ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Physyadelic said:

Lame? The fuck? Have you seen how much fucking work was put into that? 
Watch the YouTube video before you whine ;)

Sounds more like you are whining that I find it lame. But okay lol. Not really interested.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

For a band that said they wish they never wrote a breakdown the red pills breakdown was insane 

first sum 41 now this, did every early leaker forget how to rip in 320 kbps. I suppose I should be more grateful but it's just annoying having to update the files at a later date.

making a edit and copy pastaing from another comment because people are getting the wrong idea:
to make it clear I'm not ungrateful towards the person that leaked it. I just wish they were more informed on encodes and annoyed at some ofthe software makers for having a lower bitrate as the default import settings.

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 18

From the way David's comments read, it seems much more like the ghost writers pressed to have him kicked out because he was being a typical not-sober rockstar.

It felt really wierd to read how the band works compared to other bands.

Tbh, kinda stopped caring for CTE after the emo virtue signaling cringe-fest that was The Resistance:Rise of the Runaways. Everything from the album title, the album contents, and the goofy ass skull mask bandana album preorder item.

The Fallout will always be dope but tbh they peaked with David still in the band. Now that he's gone they lost the only solid aspect of their band compared to the vast ocean of post-hardcore bands imo.

If people still enjoy this I mean that's good for them I guess. But personally I don't see them lasting long but regardless of what their future as a band entails, it's not too big of a deal. I'll still check out their new stuff call it nostalgia or boredom. 

Overall hopefully it all works out for their band and the hardcore fans that want them to succeed. 

• Upvote 2

So, just finished this album. I went in with no expectations, considering I only heard one song of them, being Zero. 

But I gotta say, the album surprised me and turned out to be pretty good. Only March of the Ignorant and What I Am were kinda meh, but the rest was pretty good. 

Favorite songs have to be 20/20, Red Pills, MZRY and SEQU3NCE, with honorable mentions going to Sudden Sky, Blurry and Under the Skin.

• Upvote 1

I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I wasn't big on Retrograde, so I was reluctant going into this album. But it's got some jams on it, and catchy stuff for sure too. Red Pills, MZRY, SEQU3NCE, Blurry, and Under the Skin are ones that stuck out to me on this. The production and effects on some of these songs can get distracting sometimes, but a solid album nonetheless. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

yeh how inconvenient for you to have to update your free music occasionally

you underestimate how much I download :lol: - it's literally like 4 clicks to change your import settings to 320kbps when ripping, plus it would be better quality for the person importing to their own libary before we even get to leaking. I'd understand it a bit more if we were still back like 2006-2010 where it was the normal and people didn't really know much about quality in encodes but it's 2019 it should be the standard setting now in most programs.

to make it clear I'm not ungrateful towards the person that leaked it. I just wish they were more informed on encodes and annoyed at some ofthe software makers for having a lower bitrate as the default import settings.

• Downvote 6