Summers

Oh, Sleeper - Bloodied / Unbowed (2019)

62 posts in this topic

Children Of Fire stands head and shoulders above the rest of their discography. This is good but nothing on here is really blowing me away, it's just a really solid metalcore album.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well its July 12th now so where's the FLAC brah?

I got into Oh, Sleeper right in time for CoF and this album feels like it's been 20 years in the making. "Two Ships" is an immediate standout while I'm going through my second listen at this moment, but "Mutinous" deserves a mention too. I'm just glad to hear another full length from these guys, they really are one of the last few bands from the peak of metalcore that are still going strong.

10 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Let It Wave - 4/5
Decimation & Burial - 4.5/5
Fissure - 4/5
Of Dane & Disease - 4/5
Two Ships - 4.5/5
The Island - 4/5
Mutinous - 4/5
Pulse over Throne - 4.5/5
Oxygen - 4.5/5
The Summit - 5/5

Great record in my opinion. AOTY for my self probably not but for others most likely. Check it out a great record.

can only agree. but don't be so fast with your AOTY, new Invent Animate will be amazing ;)

• Upvote 2

I was skeptical of this album but i gotta say it turned out very nicely

• Upvote 1

Wow. Fucking solid album easy top 5 AOTY

It's a solid metalcore album which I can't fault too much. 

Maybe I am just starting to bore of the genre but didn't invoke much in me. Will probably listen occasionally but can't see myself returning to this album frequently. 

• Upvote 1

Wow! Finally it's out) Love you! <3

So dope to hear them still putting out music as good, and in some ways better, than their first EP and LP. Been following these dudes since day one, touring with Destroy The Runner and Catherine. 

• Upvote 1

Yo, what!??!?! I never listened to these guys before this album. I may go check their older stuff now but damn is this not a contender for AOTY. Highly recommended. 

Just now, Frak The Gods said:

Yo, what!??!?! I never listened to these guys before this album. I may go check their older stuff now but damn is this not a contender for AOTY. Highly recommended

You need to give Children of Fire a spin. It's a fantastic Metalcore album

• Upvote 3

This is some of the most generic music vocally. 

That being said. Structurally this is fucking incredible. 10/10

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Summit's a fucking beautiful song

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

• Love 1

First album I've heard by these guys. Will definitely check out some of their older albums.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:05 AM, スカムです said:

It's a solid metalcore album which I can't fault too much. 

Maybe I am just starting to bore of the genre but didn't invoke much in me. Will probably listen occasionally but can't see myself returning to this album frequently. 

That's how I feel too. This is one of my favorite bands, but it doesn't hold a candle to Children of Fire for me. It's good, but like you I'm kinda tired of metalcore lately.

• Upvote 1

These guys are so good live. Been waiting a long time for this. 

1 minute ago, dvsr said:

These guys are so good live. Been waiting a long time for this. 

What's with the downvote? I called it amazing structurally and gave it a 10/10

On 7/12/2019 at 10:33 PM, CrackerJacksBatman said:

So dope to hear them still putting out music as good, and in some ways better, than their first EP and LP. Been following these dudes since day one, touring with Destroy The Runner and Catherine. 

Dude, Destroy the Runner<3

• Love 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:57 AM, Frak The Gods said:

Yo, what!??!?! I never listened to these guys before this album. I may go check their older stuff now but damn is this not a contender for AOTY. Highly recommended. 

If you haven't already, check out Son Of The Morning (their 2nd release), as well as Children Of Fire. Each release after SOTM has a slightly varied lineup except for their frontman and their lead guitarist/clean vocalist (whom was also in Wovenwar).

• Upvote 2

Decimation & Burial is fuckin' BONKERS, I love it.

changed my mind, this is incredible

CoF was so front loaded, this is a more balanced album. 

still like the first half of CoF the most though

any 'enthusiasts' know what flag he's referring to in let it wave?

On 7/16/2019 at 5:52 PM, thereelmango said:

If you haven't already, check out Son Of The Morning (their 2nd release), as well as Children Of Fire. Each release after SOTM has a slightly varied lineup except for their frontman and their lead guitarist/clean vocalist (whom was also in Wovenwar).

SOTM is their best album, an awesome band in general.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DphippS said:

While I think their best album is debatable; with each release, I do find myself going back to some songs from SOTM and asking myself if the new songs are up to par. If that makes...But yes. Great band nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, DphippS said:

100% agreed, their new stuff sounds like they're trying too hard.  I think anyone that thinks Children or this album is their best work has just gotten into them in recent years and didnt get to see the progression between When I am God  and SOTM.  I honestly don't even think any song on their newer albums has came anywhere close to as good as any song on SOTM.  Newer stuff sounds like their just trying to push songs like SOTM to be more technical when they dont need to be/makes them sound like a mesh of too much going on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, me420 said:

I think anyone that thinks Children or this album is their best work has just gotten into them in recent years

that's a leap.  what lead you to this conclusion

10 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

that's a leap.  what lead you to this conclusion

Just my opinion.  I followed them from their ep till SOTM then fell off with the release of Children.  Just didn't have that jam factor that SOTM had to me.   Again just my opinion but if someone's claiming Children of fire is their best album as a whole I more or less feel like it's probably the album that got them into them and then they worked your way backwards in their discog.  Could be totally wrong, just trying to let you know where my thinking is at.  I know for me if an album got me into band I definitely gravitate towards that album whether its actually their best or not. 

On 7/16/2019 at 5:52 PM, thereelmango said:

Thanks for the info dude, just realized I probably stopped liking their stuff after SOTM because their drummer changed.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, me420 said:

I know for me if an album got me into band I definitely gravitate towards that album whether its actually their best or not. 

I think there is some truth to that. 

I grew up in Dallas, and know two different members through two different friends.  I've been following them since the beginning (I'm 30).  and I STILL consider CoF to be the high water mark in their discog... that's why I ask.