Summers

Asking Alexandria - The Violence (Single) (2019)

163 posts in this topic

Damn that title fucking baited me, definitely not what I hoped it would be.

7 hours ago, mcyates35 said:

Everyone, like me, thought they might return to something like R&R sound and this is the exact opposite lol ugh... they definitely spent a lot more time with the video than the song

Lol. Literally no one thought that. 

• Downvote 2

I thought the comments were overreacting but no this really is just THAT amount of dog shit

• Haha 1

I'm so done being disappointed by this band lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Jesus this is next level bad

Sjynbdw.gif

middle schoolers are gonna love this

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Exsanguination45 said:

Yes.

Ok then there’s something wrong with your values

Can I get a big rip in the chat for all those who thought they were going back to their old sound.

The song is good, it's catchy and fun to listen to. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

Can I get a big rip in the chat for all those who thought they were going back to their old sound.

I know right. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

Lol. Seriously!  Just like in many other cases here, people have some wildly unrealistic expectations. This song would have fit right in on their last album. 

Absolutely horrible they should change their name or just stop 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

We should just unleak this

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, alaska1213 said:

Absolutely horrible they should change their name or just stop 🤷‍♂️

If only we could be so lucky

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

If only we could be so lucky

Its a shame they had some potential that’s 2 bands we lost to pop culture 🤷‍♂️

This is like listening to Asking Alexandria without Asking Alexandria in it

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

So the "zombies" are regular, normal people, aka normies, that are trying to bring a dead band back to life.

Sounds about right.

Also lol:

2019 - when Sleeping with Sirens is heavier than Asking Alexandria 👀

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

THIS. IS. JUST. FALL. OUT. BOY.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Uncreation said:

Yet these "We venture into new territories" bands never go into "original ideas" and just copy trends that currently work well in the mainstream and land them spots in curated Spotify Playlists.
What's even more "cringy" is the endless defense by insufferable fanboys.

Not a fanboy at all, in fact I haven’t heard a note of music from these guys in probably 6 or 7 years. But that’s what happens when I don’t like a band, I just simply don’t listen to them. I don’t feel the need to tell strangers on the internet. 

5 minutes ago, Buttercup420 said:

Not a fanboy at all, in fact I haven’t heard a note of music from these guys in probably 6 or 7 years. But that’s what happens when I don’t like a band, I just simply don’t listen to them. I don’t feel the need to tell strangers on the internet. 

It was a broad statement you felt pointed at you, maybe there is a hint of truth to it then.

• Upvote 1

wow asking alexandria is fucking not good at all now (my god stop doing music guy's i miss the old days !!!)

• Upvote 1

Going against the grain here, but I don't understand the hate nor the odd Imagine Dragons comparisons. This really isn't a bad song. It's different, and people might be disappointed in this direction, but it's really not a bad song. It's not amazing or anything but the vocal melodies in this are really nice, and Danny's voice sounds much more refined. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I honestly don’t mind it. If this were some Alt band I never heard of before, I’d think it was sick. Sure AA could do better, but if I’m being honest, it’s not too shabby. 

6 hours ago, nineball4444 said:

Can I downvote this 20 or 30 more times please?

🙄

By all means...you clearly have no idea 

• Downvote 1

This band is seriously so bad.  Emmure levels of awful.  I have no idea how they ever became so popular, I really don't get it.

This song is the equivalent of bland and unoriginal mass produced food.  Just made in an assembly line as quickly as possible with the cheapest ingredients possible to secure maximum profit.

2 hours ago, Exsanguination45 said:

By all means...you clearly have no idea 

I’ve got LOTS of ideas!  One of them being this...people who like Deathcore tend to want everything to be Deathcore.  Why they think that will actually happen is beyond me.  Why they would even bother to listen to this song is absurd. 

15 minutes ago, nineball4444 said:

I’ve got LOTS of ideas!  One of them being this...people who like Deathcore tend to want everything to be Deathcore.  Why they think that will actually happen is beyond me.  Why they would even bother to listen to this song is absurd. 

There you go generalizing again...  I like deathcore, but I could never even imagine wanting everything to be deathcore; that would be the most boring thing in the world (imo).  In regard to this song, people are hating it because it actually objectively sucks as a song, not because it isn't heavy (even though there are people complaining that it isn't heavy).   Yeah, I get it, "mUsIc iS SuBjeCtiVe, nOt ObjeCtivE..."  There is objectivity to art you know (not to say this track is art by any means, in fact, quite the opposite).

• Downvote 1

Not bad. Not specially good either. Just leaves me feeling indifferent.

I really wish Danny never went back to AA and he stuck with We are harlot, because the album they did is much better than 90% of material Asking Alexandria have ever released...

• Upvote 1

I liked it, I thought it would be dreadful because of the comments, but not, it's cool. They are now another band/style, but still solid. I can see elements of indie, metal, pop and alternative here, the production is great, the lyrics is really dope, the bridge is very nice, and chorus is heavy yes!

Danny is going full insane/anarchist/joker/gamersriseup

That shot of him laughing maniacally while dual wielding automatic firearms makes me want to never listen to the song ever again.

• Upvote 1