Summers

Asking Alexandria - The Violence (Single) (2019)

163 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buttercup420 said:

I hope you didn’t actually spend money on it 

Basically everyone here was on their nuts 5 years ago, now they go and do something different and all the sudden they’re “shitty”. Fans are so fickle. They’ll never be able to please you. 

It came with the VIP package l bought when I saw them. But there's a difference between "doing something different" and just selling out. From Death to Destiny was something different. It was more mature but still heavy, and even had some radio friendly songs, but even those songs weren't cringy. This is just cringy edgy pop rock.

13 minutes ago, DORBUSCUS said:

Better than Amo and Attila's newest pile of shit

Imagine thinking this is better than Toxic, Manipulate, Bad Habits, Villain, or really ANYTHING off of the new Attila album 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Other Releases by

1 minute ago, Lelouch6661 said:

Lmao when you are wrong so you have no other argument than to call others "gatekeepers". What are you, 12?

Lmao dude i don't fucking care what specific genre a song is. Also saying I don't have any arguments yet you call me a 12 year old? That's pretty hilarious dude

2 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

It came with the VIP package l bought when I saw them. But there's a difference between "doing something different" and just selling out. From Death to Destiny was something different. It was more mature but still heavy, and even had some radio friendly songs, but even those songs weren't cringy. This is just cringy edgy pop rock.

Imagine thinking this is better than Toxic, Manipulate, Bad Habits, Villain, or really ANYTHING off of the new Attila album 😂

If you like Attila and actually think they put together well made music you do not get to talk to me about good taste

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

Wow I didn’t know 3 year olds could operate this website

Just now, DORBUSCUS said:

Lmao dude i don't fucking care what specific genre a song is. Also saying I don't have any arguments yet you call me a 12 year old? That's pretty hilarious dude

This isn't about a specific song. You falsely claimed Asking Alexandria is a metal band and that hardcore is a metal genre. People will correct you when you say dumb shit like that. What you said equals to saying that soul and rn'b are the same thing because the music is predominantly played by black people. This isn't about "gatekeeping" or whatever BS, this is about basic music knowledge. But I guess people will immediately start attacking you if you try to tell them they're wrong...

• Love 1

Just now, Lelouch6661 said:

This isn't about a specific song. You falsely claimed Asking Alexandria is a metal band and that hardcore is a metal genre. People will correct you when you say dumb shit like that. What you said equals to saying that soul and rn'b are the same thing because the music is predominantly played by black people. This isn't about "gatekeeping" or whatever BS, this is about basic music knowledge. But I guess people will immediately start attacking you if you try to tell them they're wrong...

They're metal because they're METALcore. At least they used to be. Is The Silver Scream a punk album now? How about Dark Skies by FFAK? It's metal. Get off your high horse bud. You may be right about hardcore being a punk sub-genre, but Asking was a METAL band. Doesn't matter what you read on Wikipedia. 

• Downvote 1

This thread was never not going to be spicy.

As for what I think of the song, it's exactly what I expected. This is the direction we all knew their sound was going to go in (roughly) and this track is not great. Never thought I would want to go back to Alone in a Room.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Dmotionless570 and Dorbuscus are fucking salty as hell and it's hilarious 😂😂😂 Fanboys are cancer

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahah

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

Dmotionless570 and Dorbuscus are fucking salty as hell and it's hilarious 😂😂😂 Fanboys are cancer

I can at least admit when I don't like a song by a band i like. I genuinely like this song, and there shouldn't be a problem with that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

Little pissy that we’re defending a band we like buddy?

• Upvote 1

I expected nothing different but I'm still kind of disappointed. Even on the sub-par ST this would be below average. Nothing against going softer but you can't just build a song around ONE good riff (that was apparently stolen from Jaden?!) and just repeat it ad nauseum and call that a song. Lackluster stuff and big yikes for the new album if this is the lead single. Video was well done though. 

• Upvote 1

I know lots of y'all hate this but i don't. I recon they pull off pop rock quite well here. Solid banga

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DORBUSCUS said:

They're metal because they're METALcore. At least they used to be. Is The Silver Scream a punk album now? How about Dark Skies by FFAK? It's metal. Get off your high horse bud. You may be right about hardcore being a punk sub-genre, but Asking was a METAL band. Doesn't matter what you read on Wikipedia. 

Read the about section over at r/metalcore and tell me what it says pls. METAL in metalcore is an adjective. It means metallic hardcore. If it was hardcore metal, then it would be a metal genre. Also, AA was never and will never be a metal band. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metalcore/wiki/metalcore_history

Just now, guywithamango said:

Just came to say: oh my fucking god who cares about the specifics of genres

Plenty of people do. Also, the number of people who may or may not care doesn't justify people's ignorance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5

People say wage war are boring well what the hell is this 😴😴

• Upvote 5

Imagine getting mad and arguing with people over a AA song

• Haha 8

Pretty dank, he actually screams though it's a different technique, and isn't a brutal so don't know why some of y'all whining. Sure the melody sounds he sounds like something FoB or Imagine Dragons would write, but if either of these bands released this song all of y'all would lose ya shit. Danny's also a better vocalist than either of those two imo. End of the day it's pretty energetic, catchy, though a bit repetitive. 

it’s not what I wanted but it’s alright ig, danny sounds good as per 

genuinely prefer this to a lot (not all) of their last record 

wish that riff was more interesting though for fucks sake it just repeats over and over

2 hours ago, DORBUSCUS said:

And what's Hardcore a sub-genre of? That's right Metal. It's metal

Hardcore Punk is a subgenre of Punk Rock, then again Metal is a sub-genre of Rock, basically like heavy rock, because well, Metal didn't exist 50 years ago so historically everything comes from Rock.

This song is definitely Alternative Rock with some heavy screams thrown in, maybe it's borderline Alternative Metal, but I don't think so.

This basically sounds like Imagine Dragons with screams and those guys are basically Pop Rock.

4 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

If someone says they don't sound like imagine dragons i will shoot them as they did in the video. It's good but wish they went harder like old stuff. We shall see what happens. 

Imagine Dragons + the new BMTH i would say

• Upvote 1

Changing of sound of a band is just more trendy than being acknowledge as growing or doing something better. Bands see other bands doing something, then they have to do it, it is more of being like someone else. Just like teenagers see other teenagers smoking, so they have to smoke too. LAME! BMTH and LP done it, so now I have to be part of the trend, stupid.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

Changing of sound of a band is just more trendy than being acknowledge as growing or doing something better. Bands see other bands doing something, then they have to do it, it is more of being like someone else. Just like teenagers see other teenagers smoking, so they have to smoke too. LAME!

Not one single band wants to keep playing the same exact shit throughout the entire course of their band. I highly doubt they changed their sound because they saw “someone else doing it”. You aren’t entitled to dictate what a band writes. You either like it or you don’t. 

Yeah not really feeling this. I knew they would further progess in the route they were taking in their self titled but this is just boring substanceless rock to me. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Well this being a lead single trying to catch a huge audience, I don't particulary blame it for being so "current rock sound"-esque.

It depends if they will do that stuff on the entire album or not.

Not really feeling this.

The

guitar riff sounds exactly Like jaden smiths- watch me. 

its really weird reading all these conversations backwards from the latest reply.. 

anyways, i didnt know imagine dragons had a new track. v cool!