We are aware that some MP3 files have corrupted/black embedded album art. We are working to fix this for future releases. For those of you facing this issue, please avail yourself of our Artwork Finder.
BenjaminBurnley

Wage War - Who I Am [Single] (2019)

93 posts in this topic

rsSr7Yt.jpg
Release - July 9th, 2019

Genre - Metalcore

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

*New Album Pressure out August 30th*

Tracklist:

01 Who I Am

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 5
  • Love 10

Sounds like every other Wage War song.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

FUCK YEAH. THIS MADE MY DAY SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER I LOVE YOU

Not a huge fan of the artwork for this record but the song goes hard

• Upvote 1

YEEEEESSSSS, I LOVE this song absolute banger, Drew Fulks production is amazing as always and August was already stacked but we're closing out the month with a fucking BANG

• Upvote 5

Love this even though its nowhere as good as "Stitch", i mean, its classic Wage War, everything you expect for a single. I hope they'll experiment more for the album

Love it. Can’t fucking wait for this album. 

They get more boring each album cycle. Listen to this instead:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5
  • Downvote 5

Bruh why are they insisting on making the same song structure over and over again. This shit gets old real fast.

• Upvote 4

New album will be released on August. I guess August is the Month of the Year then

This just sounds like a bonus song off of Deadweight. They need to chill on trying to be the new faces of metalcore and focus a little bit more on good songwriting. There's a lot of talent going to waste here just because they're afraid to try new things.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Space said:

Bruh why are they insisting on making the same song structure over and over again. This shit gets old real fast.

You mean the song structure that’s been the norm since humans started writing songs?  The structure that every single hit song in the history of songs is written in?  That structure?  🙄

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Song writing has taken a huuuge step back since their debut LP imo. Also the cleans add nothing to the song imo, just an excuse for them to lean back into lazy song writing. Screaming parts and breakdown were solid at least.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, nineball4444 said:

You mean the song structure that’s been the norm since humans started writing songs?  The structure that every single hit song in the history of songs is written in?  That structure?  🙄

No the I mean the same boring ass metalcore song structure that's Heavy start -> Jarring clean chorus -> Heavy again -> Same exact chorus -> End. The one that has become the norm since mediocre bands couldn't think of a fucking original song progression.  

Smartass. 

• Love 5
  • Downvote 1

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face...I’d much rather a band sound “the same” than try to experiment with an uncharacteristic sound and diminish the integrity of the band (and their music). I look for consistency...and these guys are definitely consistent! 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Space said:

No the I mean the same boring ass metalcore song structure that's Heavy start -> Jarring clean chorus -> Heavy again -> Same exact chorus -> End. The one that has become the norm since mediocre bands couldn't think of a fucking original song progression.  

Smartass. 

words like "jarring clean chorus" truly soothe my heart <3

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

imagine thinking that wage war were anything more than generic at any point :lol:

• Upvote 5

the asian women don't seem to like this song

• Haha 6

Really don’t mind that it sounds similar to all their other work. There are plenty of other bands out there doing interesting work and changing things up a bit with every new release. If I want to hear something different, I’ll go listen to another band, but I like Wage War for what their sound, so more of what I already like is nothing I can complain about. I’d love to see these guys step out of their comfort zone with some songs on this release, and if they don’t that’s fine too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Better than those new Northlane songs

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 5

If the song is generic, then the comments are generic as well. Honestly, I'm a normie enough to enjoy it for being a banger with a catchy chorus, and am excited for August thirtieth. Also, Pressure's art is pretty.

• Love 3
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Space said:

Smartass. 

Please...list the bands that have an “original” song structure for each of their songs. I can’t think of any. 

So again....🙄🙄

I’m fact, only a few Wage War songs are in the same structure as this one!  

I’ve seen some ridiculous complaints over the years...but complaining that bands don’t reinvent a working song structure for every song tops the taco. Good job. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1