Toondude10

Tool album info leaked?

22 posts in this topic

A Russian music sight apparently leaked information regarding the new Tool album.  The site is well known for leaking album information weeks or even months ahead of release and is incredibly accurate, so it's very likely that this info was true.  However, it's also likely that Maynard is trying to fuck with us the same way he did with Lateralus's release so who knows.  But for the time being, it's possible this is real.

Here's the site for reference (it's in Russian, just fyi): http://newbum.net/alternative-music/6561-tool-chod-2019.html

According to the site, the album is slated for an August 30th release date (which we already knew) and will contain 8 tracks.

Album title: Chöd

Tracklist:

1. The Coward

2. Passage (For Regardie)

3. Invincible

4. I.S.G.

5. Chöd

6. Descending

7. Abyss

8. The Give In / The Dive

tool.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice artwork. Shame the album is called Chode.

• Haha 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Not believing anything until its announced offically theres been so many "leaked tracklists" 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

listen i understand each song is prob over 8 minuts but 8 fucking songs!? after this fucking long?

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

listen i understand each song is prob over 8 minuts but 8 fucking songs!? after this fucking long?

I would understand this criticism if it was like an EP of 20-30 minutes of music after a decade, but whether theyre gone for a year or 20 years, an hour is more than enough music for a single release, especially a well written release not some filler ridden wasted potential, not sure how you can even go for such a "criticism" after yourself saying that there will probably be at least 60 mins of new material.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Never believe anything until it's proven to be true.

Tha's all I'm sayin'.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't believe anything until its announced. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't believe this for the simple fact that it's called "Chode," Maynard's definitely fucking with us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

ya, actually Tool self released false track names the last time around. at least we do know 2 titles for sure... the Youtube songs "invincible" and "descending"

Does this site actually have a good track record? I'm skeptical as well, but those Russian sites do often get legitimate scoops...

2 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

Pretty sure the shortest song on the album is like 9 minutes according to Tool (and the songs we got to hear go as long as 10-11 minutes), so I'm fine with an album this short song wise

lmao what the fuck I just sat down on my PC and looked at the artwork with proper colors, this shit looks fake as shit.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

1 hour ago, desk said:

lmao what the fuck I just sat down on my PC and looked at the artwork with proper colors, this shit looks fake as shit.

the concept on the artwork its good, but  the drawing it seems  bit  sloppy,  and we all know tool takes too much care on their concept art

I definitely bet this is the real stuff. Can't wait to see fans disappointed seeing this eventually come out as true.

The artwork is legit, coz a part of it was already revealed with the release date at a live show.

1 minute ago, Panncham said:

The artwork is legit

No.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

@Panncham Um....no. The artwork revealed was a psychedelic hand gripping a torch. In the style of Alex Grey. With the words August 30th. 

download (1).jpeg

Album art for Fear Inoculum. All we're missing is a tracklist and a single.

Cover-12.jpg

FEAR INOCULUM tracklist

Physical:

1. Fear Inoculum
2. Pneuma
3. Invincible
4. Descending
5. Culling Voices
6. Chocolate Chip Trip
7. 7empest

Bonus tracks (available via the digital release; physical copy includes a digital download card):

• Litanie contre la Peur • Legion Inoculant • Mockingbeat

From Adam Jones Instagram.