22 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - June 28, 2019
Genre - Hip-Hop/Rap
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

1. D.O.G.
2. $lime (feat. Crimewave, Hash Gordon & Lord Mack)
3. Mud (feat. King Yosef)
4. Necktie (feat. Lil HBK)
5. no1 knows (feat. TSUN)
6. 비통 (feat. Lynden Rook)
7. Common Ground (feat. Damien Cane)

Downloads

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

This is so good.

I like these reimaginings more than I thought I would. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to hearing what else he can do

I've missed this man's voice

god damn I love these reimaginings, the original Widow EP is probably in my top 10 records of the decade and hearing this makes me so happy 

yeah epic

Totally buying this, been missing DC/Widow, need some more! Thanks Vicente! ♥️?

Well we finally got Re:Widow and I'm so happy.

Mud and Necktie slap.

VV is the fuckin boi

• Love 1

I mean what is there left to say? Thing pretty much speaks for itself. 

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Common Ground is definitely my favoruite song. Not because the other songs are worse but because its the most unique. Love the reimagining of Grief too

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

glad you all seem to like it. makes me happy! new song coming soon ^_^

• Love 5

Just now, vincentevoid said:

glad you all seem to like it. makes me happy! new song coming soon ^_^

love u bro lemme cop a VV/DC vinyl

yeah epic

Just now, Maximo said:

love u bro lemme cop a VV/DC vinyl

man so many ppl have been asking for physicals, but i really cant justify the costs of printing any bc im broke >_<

• Sad 1

Just now, vincentevoid said:

man so many ppl have been asking for physicals, but i really cant justify the costs of printing any bc im broke >_<

hope you can get the funding at some point, would love to have this or widow in my collection 

yeah epic

Just now, Maximo said:

hope you can get the funding at some point, would love to have this or widow in my collection 

yeah me too. i think it'd be sick to have some sort of double album physical release or something

• Love 1

Maybe it's just me, but I love the Shoji Meguro vibes on this, mostly the last two tracks. What essentially is a remake of Grief became something I would see in a Persona OST.

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

I wonder what happened to February feat. LUCIEL, wasn't it going to be part of this project? Curious 'cause I loved this song.

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

The agressive songs on this EP are a mixed bag, some better, some worse, nothing too interesting and has been done the same or much better by many, won't ever live up to the original EP as well, but I really dig the last three tracks along with February. That type of sound really sticks for some reason, and the korean influence is great.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

20 hours ago, Drown said:

Maybe it's just me, but I love the Shoji Meguro vibes on this, mostly the last two tracks. What essentially is a remake of Grief became something I would see in a Persona OST.

never really listened to Shoji Meguro's compositions, but I was definitely influenced by Asian ballads for Grief. good ear

11 hours ago, Drown said:

I wonder what happened to February feat. LUCIEL, wasn't it going to be part of this project? Curious 'cause I loved this song.

it was just a one-off single, haha. i have a few more singles i'm gonna drop soon too

5 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Vincente earlier said that he has some Darke Complex demos or something so he's most likely going to put that on the next album/ep

i think im just gonna drop a bunch of singles for a while, so i can justify dropping more content more often. those songs will definitely come out super soon. working on them rn

4 hours ago, desk said:

The agressive songs on this EP are a mixed bag, some better, some worse, nothing too interesting and has been done the same or much better by many, won't ever live up to the original EP as well, but I really dig the last three tracks along with February. That type of sound really sticks for some reason, and the korean influence is great.

i'm glad you feel that way. i feel the same way. the purpose of this EP was to demonstrate my growth as an artist both from Widow/DC and also throughout the span of the album itself. past a certain point, there is really only so much you can express within the confines of heavier music without it being contrived. many things are better conveyed through more melodic mediums, and that's where i saw the glass ceiling of my creativity for darke complex. there's a very clear transition in the middle of Necktie, and from that point on the rest of the EP experiments with more melodic styles and more obviously korean influences. that's because that's where i see myself heading as an artist. February was originally supposed to come after the EP, but the EP got delayed, so i just dropped february in the middle of it. it's a pretty good representation of what i also want to musically do. so i'm glad you'll be into it!

• Love 4