12. Charge It Up (3:12)
13. Lucid Dreams (3:49)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

thanks. i've always enjoyed a good 311 record. their last two were their best since "from chaos." hopefully this continues the trend.

Love 311. Excited to hear what they sound like in 2019.

This is really good. Some influence from Transistor mixed with the past few albums

I'd say the weakest track is Dream State; however, even that ain't bad. Diggin' this album, though. 

42 minutes ago, Colby Lane said:

I'd say the weakest track is Dream State; however, even that ain't bad. Diggin' this album, though. 

Seriously?? You must not be a fan of their early work then, because that track is a huge "Transistor" throwback.

Always impressed with how consistently these guys release great albums, even 25 years into their career. 

One weird thing is that they straight up re-use the same chorus beat from Full Ride on Rolling Through. have no idea if it's intentional or not, but it stood out.

WOW!  how did this leak so early?  I think there may be a 320 out there!

3 hours ago, thespionage said:

Seriously?? You must not be a fan of their early work then, because that track is a huge "Transistor" throwback.

Transistor has some dope tracks on it, but I've always more of a Soundsystem and Blue Album guy, myself. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Colby Lane said:

Transistor has some dope tracks on it, but I've always more of a Soundsystem and Blue Album guy, myself. 

can't fault you there. soundsystem is an absolute beast of an album.

Holy crap as an old school fan I just listened to dream state and man o man that was so fun. People say every album now sounds like transistor but so far songs 3-5 definitely sound straight from that era. It really is funny at this point tho how bad they are at picking singles.

This album is so good. Lots of throwback to transistor on this album, but it had a great mix of everything they've done. I really like that Good Feeling and Dodging Raindrops is on the album too. Those two tracks give it a little more spice since they're the poppiest songs on the album. 

Always have been a fan since soundsystem. Will check this out when 320 drops.

This is dope! Hoping for a 320 ! 

• Upvote 1

Wow. The good songs on here not only sound like transistor and blue album but are some of the best stuff they have done in a loooong time. Just like mosaic tho the bad songs are pretty terrible. Its like a smack in the face sometimes. I wish they would just ditch feldy and do a full album with scotch. Its obvious the band has been feeling pretty damn inspired lately id kill for an actual album that feels complete. The last 2 records while they have some incredible stuff (face in the wind,days of 88,rolling through,dreamstate) it just doesnt feel like a complete experience like there older stuff used to. Back to this album tho...Some of the songs have sections that are just so damn fun, nostalgic and bring back a lot of sounds they havent used in a while. Its very obvious to me that Chad the drummer who produced the record was totally going for a more modern transistor sound as far as tone goes. The snare and guitars coupled with programming really give it that feel but there is one HUGE aspect missing at least to my ears. That would be the vocal effects. To me, that was a huge part of what drew me to the band. The harmonies coupled with the effects just gave everything this spacey, unique feel and as far as nick goes its almost gone completely. Just listen carefully to him and while i dont think it sounds bad AT ALL I just wonder how it would be sooo much better with the effects. One huge improvement are the raps. They are not nearly as cheesy,repetitive as last few records and actually have some flow again like the older stuff. Another plus would be I think SA only says alien once the entire record! Anyway its still fresh so im sure opinions will change here and there but first impressions after a few days are mostly really good!  

thanks

Only recently got into 311, so stoked to hear this album.

Can anyone recommend some of their albums to dip into, to get a feel for their older sound?

@Chris9f their old school sound try out "311" and  "Transistor", their best selling albums. "Stereolithic" is my personal fav. for an entire album

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ossy33xxx said:

@Chris9f their old school sound try out "311" and  "Transistor", their best selling albums. "Stereolithic" is my personal fav. for an entire album

thanks man

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, reggaeonmymind said:

@Lord RorschachI messaged in with a 320 kbps. Not sure if it got posted or not. 

id love that

• Haha 1

God this is bad

Just now, Seek-n-Strike said:

so is this worth investigating?

if your an old fan check out dream state,rolling through,better space and the awesome charge it up

4 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

if your an old fan check out dream state,rolling through,better space and the awesome charge it up

If I don't like it can I waterboard them?

If I like it, can I?

On 6/27/2019 at 1:38 AM, Chris9f said:

Can anyone recommend some of their albums to dip into, to get a feel for their older sound?

Oh man your so lucky!! If you dig the heavier stuff but with more of a reggea tinge check out soundsystem. If you like the heavy rap rock thing check out the blue album. If you dig stoner type heavy yet melodic and beautiful check out the masterpiece transistor. If your looking for something sort of in the middle of all that from chaos. Dont sleep on the album evolver either. SOooooo many awesome songs. What style are you diggin? You like the heavier stuff or the softer songs?

On 6/27/2019 at 9:41 AM, Ossy33xxx said:

They have some great albums! I'd start with albums like Transistor, Soundsystem, From Chaos, Evolver, and Mosaic. 

Self Titled, Grassroots, and Music are good, but can be a tad dated and cheesy at times. 

Don't Tread On Me has some redeemable qualities, but is pretty forgettable. 

You can basically act like Universal Pulse and Uplifter never existed.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:59 AM, reggaeonmymind said:

@Lord RorschachI messaged in with a 320 kbps. Not sure if it got posted or not. 

Unless you personally encoded it yourself from the physical source, it's probably the same 102-103MB upscaled transcode that's been floating around the internet ever since this got posted up at KL. Bottom left Spek analysis is the KL 128, bottom right Spek analysis of a 320kbit download that claimed it was better quality.

I wouldn't truly expect a higher quality version until closer to its official July 12th release date.

transcode.jpg

On 6/27/2019 at 1:38 AM, Chris9f said:

Depends on which 'version' of 311 you like. If you like the harder hitting tracks, go back as far as Music, Grassroots, and their self titled Blue Album. If you're more into the mellow side of 311, Transistor, Soundsystem, Evolver.

Since Don't Tread On Me, they've been trying to make albums that are a mix of both with some extra poppy elements to them. You'll probably find that in later albums you'll become selective about the tracks you really listen to.  With exception to Stereolithic, which really calls back to Soundsystem, I find that I've rarely listened to their albums in their entirety since Uplifter. Too many pop-ish tracks that just don't come across as authentic and become skip fodder (Never Ending Summer on Uplifter,  Sunset in July on Universal Pulse, 'Til the City's On Fire on Mosaic, and Good Feeling on Voyager all stand out as examples).

• Upvote 2

320 added!

• Upvote 2