mR12

Dance Gavin Dance - People You Knew / Perfect (Single) (2019)

26 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - June 21, 2019
Genre - Post-Hardcore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

** Re-releases of Hot Topic B-Sides from DBM II **

Tracklist:

01. People You Knew (2:35)
02. Perfect (2:58)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Oh why hello. Wasn't expecting this. These two songs are awesome, not a surprise though. This band always kills it. Thank you!

Whaaaaaaat, didn't expect some DGD today.. Is this all new or old just redone? I haven't been a DGD fan for that long.

A new album already? These guys work too hard for how talented they are. But then again, no limit to perfection

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jonny?!?!?!?

I haven't listened to this specific download yet but these were the Hot Topic bonus tracks for DTBMII...

Edit: just listened. Really weird that they would just randomly drop these songs again. 🤷 

wtf

• Upvote 1

They said that they might be remastering Acceptance Speech.  So not sure how these 2 fit in, mabye bonus'?

• Upvote 1

Bro what if tilian left an jonny came back again? 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

The art is the same as the vinyl release: https://www.discogs.com/Dance-Gavin-Dance-People-You-Knew-Perfect/release/3073592

Probably just for a digital release since they were originally Hot Topic exclusive.  The fact that they were just added to Spotify seems to confirm that (https://www.reddit.com/r/dancegavindance/comments/c310x2/people_you_knew_perfect_were_just_added_to_spotify/)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Crowing51 said:

Bro what if tilian left an jonny came back again? 😂

dgd will put up with a lot apparently, but rape allegations where they draw the line it seems. 

but I would give my left ball for another jonny craig fronted dgd album, his voice on beautiful death was a career highlight

• Love 1

It was obvious from the start these weren’t new songs, Jon Mess vocals were clearly from back in the days on People You Knew and the second track well... No need to explain.

3 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

It was obvious from the start these weren’t new songs, Jon Mess vocals were clearly from back in the day

well yeah to you, and me, it's obvious.  but if you are familiar enough to recognize which era of mess you're listening to; you're also probably going to know these were on dbm2 already. 

the people confused are the casual dgd listeners

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

well yeah to you, and me, it's obvious.  but if you are familiar enough to recognize which era of mess you're listening to; you're also probably going to know these were on dbm2 already. 

the people confused are the casual dgd listeners

I'm not a casual listener, but I didn't know of this until now.

To clarify, these are re-releases since they were orignally Hot Topic only releases 

26 minutes ago, mmattheus1 said:

I'm not a casual listener, but I didn't know of this until now.

oh, okay. 

yea if you download the discog uploaded here last year they're part of the dbm2 link.   

3 hours ago, humbleledger said:

oh, okay. 

yea if you download the discog uploaded here last year they're part of the dbm2 link.   

It's these 2 + pussy vultures, and that's all there is to extra/b-side stuff, right? 

6 minutes ago, mmattheus1 said:

It's these 2 + pussy vultures, and that's all there is to extra/b-side stuff, right? 

there's the brandnew single,  headhunter. 

I think that's it. 

Just now, humbleledger said:

there's the brandnew single,  headhunter. 

I think that's it. 

But headhunter will probably be a part of some new album/ep and it's a full released single. I meant extras like these 2 that until now weren't even on spotify yet. I think this is "new" to a ton of people. Been rocking dgd for some good years, never crossed someone talking about these 2 released now before. But I love it. Perfect is wonderful to listen to, makes me want more JC with DGD. Hopefully he'll stay cool and that will happen sometime. I hope (I really do).

2 hours ago, mmattheus1 said:

But headhunter will probably be a part of some new album/ep and it's a full released single. I meant extras like these 2 that until now weren't even on spotify yet. I think this is "new" to a ton of people. Been rocking dgd for some good years, never crossed someone talking about these 2 released now before. But I love it. Perfect is wonderful to listen to, makes me want more JC with DGD. Hopefully he'll stay cool and that will happen sometime. I hope (I really do).

I guarantee you, Headhunter is a stand-alone release/single. Not part of an album. Also highly doubt the next album comes out for quite some time. 

18 minutes ago, mitch5643 said:

I guarantee you, Headhunter is a stand-alone release/single. Not part of an album. Also highly doubt the next album comes out for quite some time. 

probably early next year 

Well as far as I know Jonny is not in any band atm… could it be a comeback? (probably not but one can hope:pray:)

On 6/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, mmattheus1 said:

have you checked dgd's 2 cover songs?  'that's what I like' and 'semi charmed life' are not terrible, considering. 

On 6/21/2019 at 6:43 PM, humbleledger said:

probably early next year 

Tilian said on Twitter more singles this year, new album 2020.  That's the only (vaguely) confirmable information as of now.

• Upvote 1