Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Crown The Empire - MZRY (Single) (2019)

44 posts in this topic

Hmm so far favourites are Sudden Sky and What I Am but overall after Dave saying the music is written for them rather than by them I can't listen to any of their songs without seeing Limitless as their peak since it wasn't so formula.

Other Releases by

I like it, im pretty hyped for this album, i just hope the other 6 songs have this and sudden sky sound. With atleast a good riff like this one.

Pretty good. Band tanked hard on Retrograde but the singles have been damn good. Probably won't top LImitless and The Fallout but I'll take it.

9 hours ago, xgerryx said:

I liked the beginning a lot but it just got super bizarre after that and not in a good way. The chorus sounds almost out of tune. I think I am off the wagon with this band. Haven't been good in years. 

Kind of how I felt about Sudden Sky. That song felt a bit off to me

I’m not feeling it

This is.. really weird (and terrible). Massive step back from Retrograde. That album was modern, mature and catchy (sometimes heavy) as hell, this just sounds like 2010 posthardcore, which is pretty cringy. Second half is cool with more electronics and stuff but yeah too late at that point.

tl;dr: big ass 

21 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Worst case scenario, it will be their last because, imho, they are hanging on the edge right now. And unless they do something original and mindblowing, I can't see them growing and still making music together.

Gotta agree, they'll probably end their career with this album. Retrograde didnt give them the mainstream success they wanted so theyre trying to cash in on the old metalcore fans lol

• Upvote 1

this does not give me hope for the rest of the album

My favourite of the new singles, it's new and a bit more experimental. First 4 songs from this album are probably my favourite CTE songs to date so I'm actually looking forward to this next album, which isn't something I was anticipating. Would prefer it to be in the 12 track region though rather than 9 songs and an intro

On 6/18/2019 at 10:13 AM, bearseatbeets said:

It’s not a terrible song, but it’s just not the CTE I once knew. They pretty much lost me after “The Fallout”. I understand that bands “evolve”, but this isn’t that. Imo, it’s a lack of creativeness. I’d rather a band sound the same forever. Nothing wrong with sticking to a signature sound. 

How could they lose you after "The Fallout" when "Rise of the Resistance" is their best album?

2 hours ago, MyTearsYW said:

How could they lose you after "The Fallout" when "Rise of the Resistance" is their best album?

I’d rather not reply to such an opinionated comment, but I will. And, to simplify...they just did! And they lost me with THAT album (ROTR)! I wanted to like it, but just didn’t.

1 hour ago, bearseatbeets said:

I’d rather not reply to such an opinionated comment, but I will. And, to simplify...they just did! And they lost me with THAT album (ROTR)! I wanted to like it, but just didn’t.

I'm curious as to what you didn't like about it? I rarely hear people enjoying The Fallout more than ROTR.

To me everything was improved; the songwriting was tighter, production was more flushed out, more experimentation, the heavy / soft moments were each given their own songs to shine, and a lot more.

20 minutes ago, MyTearsYW said:

I'm curious as to what you didn't like about it? I rarely hear people enjoying The Fallout more than ROTR.

To me everything was improved; the songwriting was tighter, production was more flushed out, more experimentation, the heavy / soft moments were each given their own songs to shine, and a lot more.

"The Fallout" is what introduced me to them, and I loved it. I felt like they put their "all" into it. I just didn't feel the same conviction from them in ROTR. Truthfully, it felt overproduced and too experimental. Pretty much all the things you liked about it, I disliked. Lol. Thats not to say there aren't good songs on ROTR, just not enough to keep my attention. Anyway, I just moved on from them and onto other bands. I do, however, still check out the new material they put out...I just don't get into it. They're a talented band, I won't deny that. Just not my cup of tea anymore.