We are aware that some MP3 files have corrupted/black embedded album art. We are working to fix this for future releases. For those of you facing this issue, please avail yourself of our Artwork Finder.
mR12

Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (Single) (2019)

20 posts in this topic

jXDNQGZ.jpg

Release - June 14, 2019
Genre - Pop
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

14. You Need To Calm Down (2:51)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

New album "Lover" out August 23rd.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3
  • Downvote 2

I dont mind some of her newer material, but this is not good imo

10 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

I dont mind some of her newer material, but this is not good imo

I think it’s great. She could keep making the same thing over and over again but she keeps pushing herself to do new things. I think every artist should strive to move forward. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Buttercup420 said:

I think it’s great. She could keep making the same thing over and over again but she keeps pushing herself to do new things. I think every artist should strive to move forward. 

How is this new? It's like a lot of Reputation, but more shallow.

• Upvote 1

Just now, xcblackdiamond said:

How is this new? It's like a lot of Reputation, but more shallow.

You just answered your own question 

It's fine. It's not great.

5 hours ago, Buttercup420 said:

how did she push herself to do something new ? 

1 it sounds like all her other stuff 

2 she problie didn’t write it lol

• Upvote 2

Cause shade never made anyone less gay. Shade didn’t make this song any less gay. 

Butterfly tattoo = Illuminati branding. Only furthering the narrative they instilled so fully in Reputation.

and to think it all started with her sloppy Lolita bullshit song Love Story. It’s a horror show

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

"you need to calm down" is gonna be the next "thank u, next" for white girls on twitter

at least this song's decent tho lmao

• Upvote 1

Don’t tell me what to DO, TAYLOR. I’ll calm down when I’m FUCKING READY

• Haha 2

Ah yes...Taylor and Kesha :

Changing the world one song at a time with each brilliant dose of social commentary they release. 😑😑

I never thought I’d long for the days of the young songwriter who wrote country-esque pop tunes like “Breathless”...but here we are.

6 hours ago, randy21205 said:

how did she push herself to do something new ? 

1 it sounds like all her other stuff 

2 she problie didn’t write it lol

If you look at the credits on her albums, she writes all her own songs. 

• Love 2

I fly like paper, get high like planes...

This is terrible.

i like the harmonics in the chorus.. in any song, really.

this song is basic as hell though.

This song is actually terrible. I hate saying it as a stan but 😢

2 hours ago, Buttercup420 said:

If you look at the credits on her albums, she writes all her own songs. 

She's *involved* in writing all of her songs, but looking at album credits from "Speak Now" on, the "sole writer" credits become less and less with each album. On "Speak Now" she was the sole writer for all but one song, she wrote 9/16 songs from "Red" herself, then only she only wrote 1 herself on "1989" and she wrote a whopping zero on her own for "Reputation."

I think she's giving up some of her voice (musically) to co-writers in exchange for added pop sensibilities, modernization of sound, and expanded marketability, and it's starting to hurt her as a legitimate artist.

• Upvote 1

I actually really like Speak Now because the songs on the album are fairly diverse and experimental for her, Red is also pretty solid but since then she has just kind of devolved into stale and uninspired pop songs.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:11 PM, Burgerbassist said:

She's *involved* in writing all of her songs, but looking at album credits from "Speak Now" on, the "sole writer" credits become less and less with each album. On "Speak Now" she was the sole writer for all but one song, she wrote 9/16 songs from "Red" herself, then only she only wrote 1 herself on "1989" and she wrote a whopping zero on her own for "Reputation."

I think she's giving up some of her voice (musically) to co-writers in exchange for added pop sensibilities, modernization of sound, and expanded marketability, and it's starting to hurt her as a legitimate artist.

there is an interview with Scott Borchetta (Big Machine Records) why they hired Max Martin for the Red album but I cannot find it anymore.

He did 2-3 songs on it and the half of 1989 and reputation and of the upcoming new one.

I am pretty sure she is still writing the main melodies / song but when they hire people like Max/Shellback it's because of the music around the "main structure" if you know what I mean.. She never wrote every single instrument. But she had visions how they all had to sound...  for the most part.

most of the bandmembers were "fired" but the guitarist and bassist are still in the band.... not sure how much they write ... I guess they have some little ideas here and there but most of the instruments were probably written by Max and Shellback.

The first two singles of the new album were also co written by Joel Little

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Little

but co written doesn't always mean so much....

maybe changing some lyrics here and there