mR12

Thank You Scientist - Terraformer (2019)

18 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - June 14, 2019
Genre - Progressive Metal
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. Wrinkle (02:32)
02. FXMLDR (07:57)
03. Swarm (06:25)
04. Son of a Serpent (08:07)
05. Birdwatching (03:41)
06. Everyday Ghosts (10:04)
07. Chromology (09:49)
08. Geronimo (06:15)
09. Life of Vermin (08:12)
10. Shatner's Lament (01:13)
11. Anchor (09:57)
12. New Moon (02:01)
13. Terraformer (08:07)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Other Releases by

❤ it bump's.

Thank you😁

This album is going to be ridiculously good, nothing else released today can even come close to comparing. Thanks :)

Ridiculously overhyped 

• Downvote 6

thanks!!

1 hour ago, Tzeromus said:

Ridiculously overhyped 

What makes you say they're overhyped?  I respectfully disagree and think they're ridiculously underrated to be quite honest. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, this is next-level. They really added some cool new textures to their sound and progressed in a way that feels more epic and grandiose in the best possible way. Despite the insane length this could easily end up my favorite by them.

1 hour ago, Tzeromus said:

Ridiculously overhyped 

Yeah I don’t agree with this at all lol. Would be interested to hear your reasoning.

• Upvote 2

this is definitely one of (if not my absolute) favourite albums so far this year. every song is amazing, not a single song that i would skip. I would have to say that my favourite is probably anchor at the moment, could even be their best album by them in my opinion

• Love 2

Yes! <3 This band is extremely unique. Love the horns. Thank You Scientist never disappoints. Thank you @mR12!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Can't wait to listen to this one!

This is one of my first attempts on listening to jazz-fusion and I do not regret it. There is so much creativity in this band. I love the science fiction aspects of this album and their sound is just so enjoyable. The vocalist took me a while to get used to but nothing terrible. I can go on and on. This is amazing. I can see why people think its "overhyped" because as they see it, maybe everytime they check general chat its always about something they hear repetively and they either dont know the band, dont like them or dont care and want to see something else they might like or just excruciate others opinions BUT its whatever who cares.

This is not overhyped, this is over galactical! What I like to call it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Gandalfstorm said:

This is one of my first attempts on listening to jazz-fusion and I do not regret it. There is so much creativity in this band. I love the science fiction aspects of this album and their sound is just so enjoyable. The vocalist took me a while to get used to but nothing terrible. I can go on and on. This is amazing. I can see why people think its "overhyped" because as they see it, maybe everytime they check general chat its always about something they hear repetively and they either dont know the band, dont like them or dont care and want to see something else they might like or just excruciate others opinions BUT its whatever who cares.

This is not overhyped, this is over galactical! What I like to call it. 

Regarding the vocals, the vocalist reminds me quite a bit of Claudio from Coheed & Cambria and I am pretty biased towards loving Coheed lol.  Also, I am one of the guilty ones spamming the chat with TYS, mainly because they're relatively small and unknown and just amazing and I want everyone to know about them.  Seeing them live was absolutely mindblowing, they did not miss a single note, were incredibly humble, and were just great people overall as they are world class musicians.  I like that you went out on a whim and checked the record out!  You should check out their two past records as well as their EP.  It is all great stuff.

• Love 1

I haven't heard these guys since their first album. Forgot what they sounded like. Reminds me of a jazzy Protest The Hero. But at same time there's too much and not enough going on at the same time with this album. Not sure how I feel yet lol a lot to take in. Super long album. 

Super unique, even when compared to their other albums. The new band members fit in really well on this album. It's got a lot of songs that didn't immediately catch me like some of their older works, but after a few more listens they really start to get stuck in your head. The longer songs are pretty nice and for the most part gives them time to tone it down and give you nice mellow sections in between the technicality. There was only one track that I felt went on a little longer than it needed to, and it still made my favorites playlist. There's something about the mixing/mastering that bugs me a little bit and I can't quite figure out what it is, but it's certainly not bad by any means. If you are expecting this to sound exactly like maps or stranger heads then you will probably be a bit dissappointed at first, but give the songs some time before you start throwing out ratings.

Edit: Going back on my previous statement of the mix bugging me, I'm fully on board with it now. It's different than the last two albums for sure, but it's probably better at times if I'm being honest. 

What the heck is this? Not the first time I've heard something like this but, man it's something different. Not bad though.

This is easily AOTM and one of the best albums this year so far. Also this is the single's artwork, the album's art is much better.