Summers

Vincente Void - no1 knows (feat. Tsun) (Single) (2019)

9 posts in this topic

image.png
Release - June 7th, 2019

Genre - Hip/Hop, Rap

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

1. no1 knows

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Love 2

wordz fall of my tongueeeeee

fr tho this is chill as hell, love the feature, still prefer the original tho

Kinda weird that after about 3 years of inactivity all he could drop for the most part is reimaginings of their early material. But anyways when he does these chill songs theyre actually really enjoyable.

• Confused 1

Loving the K-Pop sound. Interresting take on Desperation. Hopefully after this we get new Darke Complex but god knows if that's still a thing

4 hours ago, desk said:

Kinda weird that after about 3 years of inactivity all he could drop for the most part is reimaginings of their early material. But anyways when he does these chill songs theyre actually really enjoyable.

How dare he reimagines songs from Widow for his project called Re:Widow

Everyone from Darke Complex except Vincent quit so it's very unlikely we'll see anymore

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Cleffable said:

Everyone from Darke Complex except Vincent quit so it's very unlikely we'll see anymore

On 6/8/2019 at 2:06 AM, mitchusonfire said:

So is Darke Complex dead?

On 6/8/2019 at 4:03 AM, NieR:Automata™ said:

Loving the K-Pop sound. Interresting take on Desperation. Hopefully after this we get new Darke Complex but god knows if that's still a thing

On 6/8/2019 at 12:20 AM, desk said:

I figure I'll just say this since I come across this online quite often.

I wrote the music on Widow and a vast majority of the music on Point Oblivion, so, instead of searching for another new lineup, I decided to just assimilate the project into my own solo endeavor. I figured it made the most sense. Since the inception of this project in 2012, I've had several lineup changes because of members leaving for college, getting big boy jobs, and other various things. Thankfully it's never been personal (to my knowledge...) In the most recent iteration, Darke Complex, I had a lot of fun and made great memories with the other guys who comprised the band. I'd rather not soil the legacy of it by trying to get new members to fill the roles left behind by them.

The point of Darke Complex was to go against the prevailing trend in rock/metal/hardcore/etc. bands where 1 or 2 members of a band will have much greater significance than the rest of the group. We tried to accomplish this through branding and positioning each member as being significant, unique, and contributing their own talents to the overall group. To continue with new members, at least in my opinion, seems almost like a contradiction of everything that Darke Complex stood for. Additionally, the other members left because of various frustrations and limitations that come with being a rock/metal band, and I can't say that I, too, didn't also feel that way. They wanted to express and explore themselves creatively, without restrictions, and the only way to do that was to embark on their own journeys. In retrospect, as much as I'd wished for Darke Complex to be a sort of "boy band" of sorts, their identities would never have been able to exist on its own, separate from the band - separate from me; for that reason, I think Darke Complex served the purpose it was meant to, and I think its existence would be best respected to end with us all finding our own paths.

That being said, that's not to say that there won't be any future Darke Complex music. Like I mentioned, Darke Complex is, has been, and always will be my "child". As such, I felt like the best way to begin my solo project was to reexamine and reimagine, with a renewed perspective and new abilities, the music and art that I'd created when I was in high school/college: Widow. I guess it's sort of like an introduction or preface for what's still to come; it's not representative of the music I will release afterwards, but it does explore genres and elements that I intend on incorporating. Beyond that, however, there absolutely will be new "Darke Complex" music. Before the other members left, I had written quite a number of songs that we'd intended on releasing around 2017/2018. Obviously, they're in need of a refreshing, but I already intended to release them as soon as this first project was out. I'll be announcing the release date of my debut project on Friday. As soon as that's out, though, I intend on releasing those songs I'd written a year or two ago, but, of course, they will be under "Vincente Void" for reasons I've just stated. "Darke Complex" isn't gone. It started off as just me writing, recording, and producing in my bedroom, and now it's simply gone back to that.

Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

@vincentevoid We all wanna hear more whether it be this style, or the style of the Widow EP, or anything else! I support you 100% no matter what my guy <3