Sign in to follow this  
Lord Rorschach

Upon a Burning Body - Southern Hostility (2019)

35 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - June 7th, 2019
Genre - Metalcore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

01. Southern Hostility (1:00)
02. King of Diamonds (3:25)
03. All Pride No Pain (3:27)
04. From Darkness (3:30)
05. The Champ is Coming (3:13)
06. Burn (3:08)
07. Reinventing Hatred (3:07)
08. Never Alone (3:11)
09. The Anthem of the Doomed (3:18)
10. Soul Searcher (3:45)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

*UPDATE: Album is absolutely filthy. I will be spinning this record quite a bit. May even be my favorite UABB album. Not sure yet. Need a few more listens. Ignore the hate, they are like Attila, they will always have haters even though they a talented group. 

Can't wait to dive into this! The singles were great!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How do you put out something as creative as SFTB and then give something so generic and simple as this to follow up? Nothing really go pull me back for a second listen 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Still bummed about no physical CD's but as Whitechapel says "worship the digital age" lol Thanks for posting, been looking forward to this one.

• Upvote 2

So they're going for a groove metalcore route?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DaddyMac said:

A far cry from what they used to be, reduced to typical american metal. Good for those who like it though I guess.

This is why I dont even want to download and will probably just skip around the album once its on Spotify, the singles were solid but absolutely average and soulless. Better relisten to their first two albums, they might have cringy lyrics but at least there was something to grasp there.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, desk said:

This is why I dont even want to download and will probably just skip around the album once its on Spotify, the singles were solid but absolutely average and soulless. Better relisten to their first two albums, they might have cringy lyrics but at least there was something to grasp there.

I really like these guys but I have the same criticism of the singles, hoping there's some good shit on this record still 

the only thing I don't understand is why they jumped into the deep end with clean vocals on their last album only to backtrack on this record. SFTB should've been this album and this album should've been SFTB.

• Upvote 1

I wonder what Western Hostility looks like 

• Upvote 2

Actually some good bangers on this! Glad they strayed away from the 'Mexican Metal' from the previous two albums. Some good riff action.. "Burn" sounds like it could be a GOJIRA track and "Soul Searcher" sounds like the offspring bastard child of TRIVIUM and SOILWORK :like:

• Upvote 2

Here's a drinking game, take a shot EVERY FUCKING TIME they say the title of the track in their songs. I'm so disappointed in this, pure dogshit. There is nothing redeembable about this. The direction of SFTB was AWESOME! What is UABB doing??? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Everyone wondering why they sound a lot different... I believe other than Danny Leal there has been a lot of member turn around. I could be wrong though. 

they just released a cover of Alice Cooper's "Feed My Frankenstein" today also. You may remember the song best from Wayne's World lol.

• Love 1

I fucking love this, as much as I’ve loved all their previous records. It’s in your face, pure metal. Fuckin sick. Their last album, with the cleans and that great soft song...fuckin sick. Why can’t people just take things for what they are and find some enjoyment out of it? So much hostility...

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

The opening riff on Burn sounds like an Avenged Sevenfold riff and I love it.

2 hours ago, Stasz18 said:

Here's a drinking game, take a shot EVERY FUCKING TIME they say the title of the track in their songs. I'm so disappointed in this, pure dogshit. There is nothing redeembable about this. The direction of SFTB was AWESOME! What is UABB doing??? 

dude there was nothing redeemable about SFTB. Honestly just an atrocity of a record. There is a lot respectable about this effort. Arguably more respectable than anything they've ever done. Still not that good lol. But definitely a step in the right direction. A lot of good riffs on here, even if its a bit imitative overall. 

1 hour ago, Ossy33xxx said:

they just released a cover of Alice Cooper's "Feed My Frankenstein" today also. You may remember the song best from Wayne's World lol.

We're not worthy..... we're not worthy  :-D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LionHeart24 said:

dude there was nothing redeemable about SFTB. Honestly just an atrocity of a record. There is a lot respectable about this effort. Arguably more respectable than anything they've ever done. Still not that good lol. But definitely a step in the right direction. A lot of good riffs on here, even if its a bit imitative overall. 

It just feels like this would be a good debut album for them but not album #5. 

Just now, Stasz18 said:

It just feels like this would be a good debut album for them but not album #5. 

i hear you. they haven't really developed in the way one would hope. 
but if you listen to their early shit, they're pretty one-dimensional. a bit more unique maybe, but one-dimensional.
they've tried to explore a few times now, but pretty much always in a pretty immature direction.
but thats sometimes how it goes. music is written by ppl ultimately, and ppl are immature often, and rarely grow in the ways they should, and so they rarely meet the potential you want them too. UABB could definitely have become an exceptional metalcore/deathcore band- I woulda liked to see them get rawer, blacker, and start writing music for themselves rather than an audience. But the reality is, they like to talk about drinking and cock measuring, and their lyrics are always in that impersonal style of expressing something to someone else as opposed to themselves, even when they act like they're expressing something personally. That definitely puts a ceiling over their music. so the best i was hoping for from this was some decent riffage and a decent direction. I got at least half of what I was hoping for. maybe they'll b realer next time.

26 minutes ago, LionHeart24 said:

I agree. I don't understand why everyone likes SFTB. It was garbage and their worst record imo. I'm happy this record is a lot better than that one. So yes, not a great record... but much better than the last.

gonna hear this on the Sirius XM hard rock channel

I liked SFTB because it was more of a unique direction for them to take, even if it didn't always work. That being said, i like this too.

3 hours ago, Stasz18 said:

SFTB wasnt good either imo

I couldnt even enjoy a single song out of this. Guess they are more to the metal side now, good for them

just personal preference but I honestly prefer the more straightforward, less gimmicky approach they took with this record

yeah it's not that original or frequently outstanding, but it's super concise, banger after banger 

just from my first few listens I can tell this'll probably go down as my favourite UABB record, but I grew out of their other ones HARD 

1 hour ago, Maximo said:

just personal preference but I honestly prefer the more straightforward, less gimmicky approach they took with this record

yeah it's not that original or frequently outstanding, but it's super concise, banger after banger 

just from my first few listens I can tell this'll probably go down as my favourite UABB record, but I grew out of their other ones HARD 

Agreed

• Upvote 1