mR12

Motionless In White - Disguise (2019)

What would you rate Motionless in White - Disguise out of 10?  

426 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate Motionless in White - Disguise out of 10?

128 posts in this topic

Also, imagine making fun of people on the internet because of their music opinions. Lmao. Couldn’t be me. 

• Upvote 2

c0de is the best track on here. Fucking great song

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I think Legacy is my favorite. I hope it’s a single. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, MostRandomVines said:

c0de is the best track on here. Fucking great song

I love code, the chorus melody is amazing 

I'm really digging this album, I might even say that it's one of my favorite albums by these guys. 

• Love 1

Imo this is their best album

1. Disguise - 4/5 This grew on me big time, so kickass!

2. Headache - 5/5 That groovy bassline and the Korn choruses, FUCK ME UP!!! Such a heavy track.

3. <Vc0de> - 4/5 Great chorus on this one. Feels like a classic MIW song.

4. Thoughts & Prayers - 5/5 HOLY SHIT, the double bass on this is incredible. That breakdown though almost made me call my mom to come pick me up.......

5. Legacy - 2/5 Skillet track with extremely generic lyrics. Instrumental is decent at least. Most likely my least fav on here.

6. Undead Ahead 2: The Tale of the Midnight Ride - 5/5 Damn, that's such a great Halloween track. It's definitely some of their best writing ever!

7. Holding On To Smoke - 4/5 The verses on this are so awesome! The feel of the whole track is really powerful.

8. Another Life - 5/5 Chris' performance on this is my absolute favorite that he's ever done! The build on the chorus is incredible, there is so much emotion on this!

9. Broadcasting From Beyond the Grave: Dead Inc. - 3/5 Old school MIW with some sick instrumental and verses. The chorus is kinda weird, didn't really dig it but I understand that its the MIW vibes.

10. Brand New Numb - 3/5 The early 2000s vibes on this are so dope. Not the best track but I like how different it is.

11. Catharsis - 5/5 What an amazing chorus! The whole song is one of their best songs, the pre-chorus is my FAVORITE part of the whole album. 

45/55

This is for sure my favorite Motionless in White album. The band has evolved into amazing songwriters, their performances on here practically perfect! Chris' vocals on this album are absolutely God-Tier Metalcore vocals. The range he showed on here is fantastic. Drew Fulk's production has been one of the best things him and the band have done and he has NAILED IT with this album. Incredibly well made album that outdoes the cheesiness that Graveyard Shift had. AOTY material for me

• Love 4

These comments are unusually comedy gold. Not complaining.

• Upvote 4

It's fun, especially because the production helps make it sound "heavy" with the punch behind every chugga chugga

Still, it's just your run of the mill american .core record.

Thanks

It's embarrassing watching people attempting to "critique" bands such as Motionless in White or I Prevail, especially when it's within the context of "when they used to be good X albums ago".  This is the band they've ALWAYS been.  They are an unapologetically cheesy metalcore band.  That's who they were on their first album and it's who they are now.  They were not Deafheaven 3 albums ago.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with loving cheesy metalcore bands, I love lots of em myself.  I'm also not saying that you can like one variation of this band while disliking another, but when you start making proclamations about the "glory days" of a band like this as if they used to be at the forefront of progression, it's just sad.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else feel like Voices and Hourglass would’ve fit this album better than Graveyard Shift? In my opinion if you replaced Broadcasting From Beyond The Grave and Brand New Numb the album as a whole would’ve been phenomenal obviously just my opinion still think the album is great but just those 2 songs not that I don’t like them just lyrically compared to rest the album they don’t fit.

• Upvote 2

I have read all the comments. I am lubed up and ready to go into this with my buttholio wide open. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Hey guys, made my own artwork since I don't like this original one. What do you think?

You accidentally posted the official artwork

• Haha 3

FU CK im READY

Really good album, just going to get better with each listen. A few radio singles if they wanted. Thoughts & Prayers goes so damn hard and I love it. It reminds me of The Negative One by Slipknot. Legacy is going to be a future NXT TakeOver theme song, it's the only weak song on the album for me.

Edit: You know the dead can hear you, the holy well is dry. So when you face the truth: OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES! BLEGH!

Anyway. I think this is just short of being a great album, so it lands in the 7-8 range. What really holds it back is Brand New Numb, Legacy, and that terrible chorus on Death Inc. if it wasn't for these 3 things it'd be an easy 9 or 10

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

WE ARE THE WEIRDOS EATING THE MICROPHONE?

D E A T H 

I N C O R P O R A T E D

I honestly love how they were trying to keep a nu metal theme in this album and also have a bit of fun in the song writing cause its just trying to keep some heavy, traditional style, and weird ass fucking lyricism. I loved it, solid 9.5/10. I did not mind the slower songs, and even legacy cause people just gotta have a moment to speak out sometimes. 

This shit blew my goddamn mind 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Not bad, I think the album flows better than graveyard shift, but not saying it has better songs overall. They can be an infuriating band to follow at times. They put out great tracks like Undead 2 and Code. Then have legacy, which sounds exactly like a Shinedown song my wife plays. Overall, pretty solid 7/10.

This was my first MIW release. It took me a bit to get into the cleans, I don't mind them now. The screams are absolutely terrifying. The songs all took a few listens to get into. I thoroughly enjoy this band now. I agree with @desk that they are better without the Mansonesque industrial elements.

songs I enjoyed: Disguise, Code, Thoughts and Prayers, Another Life, Brand New Numb
songs I really enjoyed: Undead Ahead 2, Catharsis
good songs that are held back by bad elements: Legacy, Death Inc
meh songs: Headache, Holding On To Smoke
bad songs:

best song: Undead Ahead 2

• Upvote 1

What a ride this album has been the past day. First listen was like a 6-7 for me. After a solid 20 spins this album grew to like a 9.5 and AOTY for me.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:04 AM, widowswail said:

Absolutely motivated to finally hear new MIW

motivated.jpg

<\/c0de> was used to play Thoughts & Prayers

Motionless in White always die and resurrect. I thought theyd still continue their aura from "creatures" but so much for the horrorcore

This is actually pretty good!  I totally thought I was listening to a sp00ky version of Breaking Benjamin during a few songs, not a bad thing.  But yeah, this album is much more cohesive and better than their previous albums.  Only song I wasn't crazy over about was Brand New Numb but its not bad I suppose.  The only thing that really irks me about this record is the absolutely atrocious artwork lol.

• Upvote 1

Disguise Review/Rating

1.  Disguise 5/5: badass opener, catchy as hell chorus and great first single also the lyrics hit really close to home for me definitely a song I listen to when I'm feeling down

2. Headache 5/5:  LOVE the Nu Metal vibes all over this, feel the lyrics on a spiritual level, chorus reminded me of Korn in the best way possible

3. Code 5/5:  Back at it again with the Nu Metal vibes this time more it's like a mixture of Linkin Park/Korn and I know they're a new band but I thought of Ded too when I listened to this another great banger

4. Thoughts and Prayers 5/5: Well fuck me sideways and call me jimmy holy sweet mother fuck of a shit this is heavy buttfucking heavy in the ass GAH DAAAMN! This is heavier than Undead Ahead 2 and Soft combined fight me.

5. Legacy 4/5: best way I could explain this song is it's Skillet anthem rock sound with better instrumentation and vocals. It took a few listens to get into this one but it grows on me with each listen

6. Undead Ahead 2 5/5: OH MAN!  When this single dropped so did my fucking jaw, great sequel to the first one. It's like a mixture of Creatures and INK, I listened to this song over 100 times before the album was released and it still gets me hyped as fuck every time, also THIS PLACE IS HAUNTED *Church Bell shattered*

7. Holding On To Smoke 5/5: Massive Breaking Benjamin vibes on this, lyrics once again hitting me on a personal level and also very uplifting song

8. Another Life 5/5: The emotion in Chris's vocals on this really shine through on this it's full of pain, sorrow and sadness and is a beautiful track 

9. Broadcasting From Beyond The Grave 5/5: My first listen I was like what the fuck is this?? But after a couple more listens this one grew on me big time I love how much life the track has. It's very bouncy, catchy, fun and is manson better than manson

10. Brand New Numb 5/5: basically same thing I said for broadcasting

11. Catharsis 5/5: Was surprised that it wasn't like a piano ballad or a heavy as fuck closer, instead we get a really catchy hard rock/ nu metal song that closes out the record quite nicely

Overall: All in All I love this album MIW delivered once again and this is probably their most different sounding record yet. The variety on here was great and still kept the heaviness throughout, Chris's vocal performance on this was his best yet as well. It sounded like he really poured his heart and soul into these songs, also the production on this record is SOOOOO gooood JD and Drew Fulk did an amazing job on producing and mixing this record. Overall this record gets a 10/10 for me even with Legacy being my least favorite this is another MASSIVE AOTY CONTENDER. 

After listening to the whole thing: Love all the songs besides Broadcasting from Beyond the Grave. Legacy is a tad too hopecore/arena rock but the delivery is 10/10.  I love their evolution as a band every album is different but they're still keeping it real and not abandoning what made them great in the first place. Lots of bands could learn a thing from MIW.

Overall great album, gonna jam this all year.

• Upvote 2

On 6/1/2019 at 11:14 AM, neebnoob18 said:

Few things make me happier that week-early leaks

especially week early 320 leaks

• Upvote 1

Not really feeling it.

• Love 1

I think this is the best non-heavy stuff I've heard from MIW. I've always been more partial towards MIW's more heavy stuff, but I dig a lot of the lighter songs on this album honestly. Certainly a little different, but they seem to change things up just about every album so not really a surprise.  Still would've liked a little more heavy MIW because heavy MIW is so good, but I'll take what we got. It's a solid album.