mR12

Motionless In White - Disguise (2019)

What would you rate Motionless in White - Disguise out of 10?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate Motionless in White - Disguise out of 10?

125 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

This is exactly why we make fun of you. The rating is a total nonsense (generally speaking, this isn't about subjectivity anymore)
How do you even come up with these numbers?

i love how the site says this 6iCqoIi.jpg  and you say "why we make fun of you" great site. 10/10. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 2

Other Releases by

Album is cringe

• Downvote 2

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

19 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

i love how the site says this 6iCqoIi.jpg  and you say "why we make fun of you" great site. 10/10. 

shut up, dork

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 5

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

I love thisssssss, gave it a listen and can’t lie that I enjoy this album. I’d easily let someone lube me up to shove it in again and again, money well spent, damn.

tumblr_pbzkoxqlpZ1r0u1meo1_500.gif.9bd42de76cdda4cc74d82a600d75a8ab.gif

25 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

No one likes opinions they dont agree with here. It's petty. 

• Upvote 6

Clan of the Japanese maniacs vs Benjamin Burnley.

On account of personal opinion, how funny and stupid.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dmotionless570 said:

I genuinely Iove 95% of this album

whats the 5%?

34 minutes ago, fohlenetech said:

I love thisssssss, gave it a listen and can’t lie that I enjoy this album. I’d easily let someone lube me up to shove it in again and again, money well spent, damn.

clarify "it."

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

The lack of heavy takes a toll on the album but i feel that most of the songs are really good still. Really enjoyed Headache, Another Life and Legacy, code was pretty solid too. They saved the 3 worst tracks for last in my opinion. Overall id give it a 6.7/10. Definitely prefer Graveyard Shift 1000% more.

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

25 minutes ago, PhantomFear said:

whats the 5%?

clarify "it."

The chorus on legacy

this album has mid-00s nu/alt inspirations written all over it but now that they ditched most of the shitty aesthetic of their 3-4th albums and learned how to write catchy songs that flow well and sometimes dish out nice heaviness to change the pace it's not so bad. Definitely enjoy this more than GS or Reincarnate, because basically for nearly every song on those albums there were parts of songs that were absolutely disgusting to listen to. This isn't anything too good either but at least it knows what it wants to be for the most part as it falls off towards the end, sadly. Catharsis tho is a very solid closer. It just feels like they wrote ~7-8 good songs then kinda gave up with the two garbage tracks in a row (even had meme bloopers at the end of track 9 and start of track 10)

• Love 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

made this account just to post a review smh, miw has been my favorite band since just before creatures so lets go (i love cringey goths)

1. disguise: sounds like it would've been off of reincarnate with the production value of graveyard shift. i like it a lot but it sounds very on brand with newer miw and blends in.

2. headache: am i listening to korn...  i like it a lot but it IS heavily influenced by other bands. i'm sad it's one of the heavier ones on this album lol

3. code: don't like the beginning very much, however the rest of the song is very steady, easy to listen to. i was expecting something industrial just from the name (think final dictvm) but this is ok too. catchy.

4.  thoughts & prayers: my favorite out of the ones not pre-released. its just Good. chorus required a few listens for me to fully enjoy though but the lyrics slap

5. legacy: um............. ok pass my least favorite. very generic

6. undead ahead 2: my favorite by a long shot off this album. creatures is my favorite album and i love when they do the spooky horror stuff. 10/10 love her (also if i recall correctly chris abt a month ago there was heavy creatures influence on a lot of this album, i'd just like to say where??? this is the only song)

7. holding on to smoke: its okay.. i like it but nothing really too special. really inspired by early 2000s alt rock imo. a lot of these songs have a really uplifting sound to them? weird

8. another life: i need to listen to this more to actually like it but it is pretty good, the lyrics are nice. not really typical miw though, again with those inspos

9. death inc: ok this song reminds me of death march and rats  but... its so much harder to listen to. could've been a jam but the lyrics  :-/

10. brand new numb: my initial listen reminded me of nine inch nails?? love this song though, one of my favorites off the album.

11. catharsis: another uplifting song......its good, she's really nice to end off with. it has a really hopeful sound, i fucks with

honestly over all this is the biggest sound change they've had in a while, its overall more mainstream sounding and less heavy/spooky. right now it's my least favorite of their full lengths but regardless, i still enjoy it. they could release hot garbage and i'll still like it smh... also i keep saying uplifting mostly because i'm really used to their songs sounding darker, melancholic and angry? theyve grown up boys

• Upvote 2

Graveyard shift was much better. This is good too. Maybe need more listens.

favorites: disguise, headache, undead ahead, holding on to smoke, another Life.

• Love 1

This is fucking mental. It's skull-fuckery of orgasms.

decent follow-up to graveyard shift but definitely not the "best of miw" like chris said

track number 9 may be deleted though

I've never really truly listened to these guys to give an opinion about a change in style, but holy moly this is good. Great screams and choruses throughout

• Upvote 2

ezgif-7-3bad1654e14b.gif.d4bc67e2c5d5742f5b4ddedfbde630ef.gif

The production really makes this album. JD of Ice Nine fucking killed it!! Motionless is getting better, GS felt like campy and cheesy fun but this is just quality metalcore

Thoughts and Prayers is some sick ass Slipknot shit. The breakdown in it is orgasmic. Headache starts off beautifully like a Tool song then turns into some Korn shit. Disguise is straight up if old school Linkin Park met Korn, sick and catchy. Holding Onto Smoke is like a more emotional Hourglass. Unded Ahead 2 is definitely the best song on the album. But I'm a little disappointed there's only two metalcore songs. Even Graveyard Shift and Reincarnate had more metalcore songs. Most of the album is good but I still like every other album better.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Don't let the Beartooth meme die :)

For someone that has "blocked" me you seem to pay maybe too much attention about what I post and what I say on the shoutbox... Just saying. 

OMG caught me off guard with this post, somehow I didn't even expect it to leak a week early. Stoked!

4 hours ago, Vicent666 said:

Clan of the Japanese maniacs vs Benjamin Burnley.

On account of personal opinion, how funny and stupid.

Who cares what the clan of Japanese maniacs think anyway

• Upvote 1

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

This is their best album yet, and that's a pretty serious thing for me to say since I've loved all their albums. Fucking blown away. This is such a solid sound, and the major influence of Breaking Benjamin is the perfect cherry on top. All of this being said, I'm not a big fan of "Broadcasting..." or "Brand New Numb". But everything else was perfection to me, and I do appreciate that they did change things up with a different weird sound on those songs, just not my thing compared the all the rest. Kinda like how I didn't care for "Freak Flag" or "Love Bites" from INK's latest album, but adored the rest of it. MIW and INK are incredible at their similar genres.

• Upvote 1

I like most of it. Definitely a few really good Korn songs on here, a little of the normal Manson...but all good. His voice is amazing...best it’s sounded so far. 

One of their best albums tbh. The best songs are obviously Thoughts & Prayers (mother of god that breakdown is not of this world) and Undead Ahead 2, but most of the more rock leaning stuff here is very good and much better than most of their past attempts on this style. I love the fact that even though there’s only two metalcore songs, there’s a lot of metalcore influence throughout and a lot of out of nowhere heavy parts that make up for the lack of full on heavy songs. Very great album, pleasantly surprised given how much I didn’t care for the first two singles. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Don't let the Beartooth meme die :)

Yet you claim to not be toxic yourself

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Also, imagine making fun of people on the internet because of their music opinions. Lmao. Couldn’t be me. 

• Upvote 2