Lord Rorschach

The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature (2019)

29 posts in this topic

thanks2.jpg.f2fd7ec5d809574c13166112c98fa2a7.jpg

Enjoy it fellas it's a real treat.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Very cool, thank you Kanye!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I already know I'm gonna love it. 

• Upvote 2

I'm actually pretty disappointed with this release.  I felt like they'd taking it up a notch on this one since it's almost like a sophmore album for the...but it's quite the opposite. 

No real standout tracks,  no epic moments, and it's really lacking in the rock department. The guitar work is very bland, and the album just kinda meanders along.  6/10 at the moment.

Thank you for this. Just got done listening to the whole album and I do have to say its a pretty solid release. I'm also looking forward to seeing these guys with Have Mercy this Friday!!!

320 this early? Guess I won't be waiting till my pre order arrives.

Always excited for anything by these guys.

2 hours ago, Alexaln said:

320 this early? Guess I won't be waiting till my pre order arrives.

Always excited for anything by these guys.

They were selling copies of the album at their shows since Friday, also i don't know about anyone else but my Vinyl for this record showed up yesterday 

Ya I got my vinyl yesterday 

After listening a few times ill give it a very light 7/10. Seems to be missing a lot of energy and the guitar riffs aren't that great despite a couple songs. At times some of the songs seem to be quite boring with not much staying power. My favorites are bring me back to life, way down, virginia, where were you when the sky opened up, better light amd consequence of living.

Great album from one of the best most honest bands out there!

I've been waiting for this record and it does not disappoint. These guys are amazing and the lyrics are very honest and I feel these songs its like it was written for me.  Of course it wasn't but 10/10 

first 3 notes and Im all in

I love this album, the change in the rendition of songs/lyrics are absolutely fantastic... this is my 2nd favorite album from TDS... 1st being there self-titled album.

Top 3 songs are

1 - Way Down

2 - Starting Over / Slow Down

3 - It Is Real

Haven't listened to these guys ever in my life so this is my first time listening to them. But here we are a review of each song.

Prologue - Don't count

Blind Ambition - Alright

Bring Me Back to Life - Good/Catchy Guitar Riffs

Way Down - Alright

Virginia - Average

Starting over / Slow Down - Good. Catchy bass riffs

Where Were You When The Sky Opened Up - Reall great song.

It Is Real - solid song, good but just alright

Violent red - catchy song, i like it

Mother Nature - good at the start got annoying fast

Better Light - Eh

Consequence of Living - eh

Honestly alright record. Check them out.

This used to be one of my favorite bands when I was younger, but I just couldn’t get into the last few albums. So far I’m really enjoying this. My favorite song so far is “Where we’re you when the sky opened up.” The guitar and rhythm sounds similar to Angels & Airwaves to me.  

• Upvote 1

Usually their records have a couple stand out tracks and some that are okay. This doesn't have quite the highest highs but I'm still so pumped on it. I'm ride or die.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much!!!!! Love this band, their lyrics have changed my life over the last decade. I'll be seeing them live next month or so and will purchase some merch and the CD just to support them. But I've got to hear this asap, I've been looking forward to this so long! Thanks for the upload OP.

• Upvote 1

i haven't listen these guys in years, (last album was War Paint i think..)  but there are fantastic songs on this

• Upvote 1

What a shit disappointment of an album. Extremely overproduced and redundant. Especially in comparison to their last album, which tied with War Paint is a magnum opus for them as a band. This whole album is so utterly dry of fresh ideas that they had to rip off Angels & Airwaves for all of the better parts of the album, which is a band nobody should have given a shit about since like '09. I'm not surprised, really. I was excited, being a big fan of these guys since War Paint, but I'm really not surprised. You don't just release a banger like their self titled last year and then release another album a year later. Sloppy ideas, not worth anybodies time.

• Downvote 1

On 5/31/2019 at 1:09 AM, bachashnoo said:

What a shit disappointment of an album. Extremely overproduced and redundant. Especially in comparison to their last album, which tied with War Paint is a magnum opus for them as a band. This whole album is so utterly dry of fresh ideas that they had to rip off Angels & Airwaves for all of the better parts of the album, which is a band nobody should have given a shit about since like '09. I'm not surprised, really. I was excited, being a big fan of these guys since War Paint, but I'm really not surprised. You don't just release a banger like their self titled last year and then release another album a year later. Sloppy ideas, not worth anybodies time.

this shits all over self titled and I loved that record just as much. this doesn’t sound sloppy at all. sounds like they’re branching out more which is a great thing imo. 

I'm like 3 minutes in and this is already head and shoulders above their self titled. 

Feeling some "Have Mercy" vibes on it. I didn't known this band, but loved the vocals! There's some strange nostalgia throughout the album. Thanks @JoshRaptorTire !!

Need this in FLAC :)

I've  been a fan of them for years.

Luckily Dale Earnhardt Jr got this band back together.

The Self Titled is probably my favorite.

To those who think this is better, listen to the closer (Infinite). It doesn't get much better than that. So much emotion.

The vocals on this album are good but the auto-tune / pitch correction goes against their previous work. 

After a few listens, I do like this album. There are some filler tracks but they are quickly rectified by the usual TDS goodness.

YMMV... different strokes.