We are aware that some MP3 files have corrupted/black embedded album art. We are working to fix this for future releases. For those of you facing this issue, please avail yourself of our Artwork Finder.
Summers

Desolated - A New Realm of Misery (EP) (2019)

19 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - May 13th, 2019

Genre - Hardcore

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

1. An Introduction

2. A New Realm of Misery

3. Still Breathing but Not Alive

4. War

5. More Than Agony

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 2

Sick, thanks for this.

Edit:

This entire thing is fucking nasty, I was shocked that they brought the lows from their deathcore days back in Still breathing. Gonna be blasting this in the gym for sure. These new songs are going to be disgusting live.

Fuck yes. thank you so much

i once wasn't let into a bar while wearing a desolated top

i have now found the EP i can crowdkill that fucking asshole bouncer to 

• Haha 1

People are gonna die at those upcoming shows lol

Sick EP, not HC tho
Also I got this in FLAC if anyone wants it (also how do I go about adding that to this since this is an already existing topic?)

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, jimblesack said:

Sick EP, not HC tho
Also I got this in FLAC if anyone wants it (also how do I go about adding that to this since this is an already existing topic?)

It pretty much is, it's beatdown hardcore.

16 hours ago, Cam979 said:

It pretty much is, it's beatdown hardcore.

It's not, beatdown hardcore is groovy metallic hardcore punk. Bands like Bulldoze, Knuckledust or Billy Club Sandwich are examples of BDHC.
Desolated are playing 90s style groove metal/metalcore here pretty much. Nothing to do with BDHC.

• Downvote 1

If anything its hardcore punk its what the band says it is and numerous other people say

20 hours ago, jimblesack said:

It's not, beatdown hardcore is groovy metallic hardcore punk. Bands like Bulldoze, Knuckledust or Billy Club Sandwich are examples of BDHC.
Desolated are playing 90s style groove metal/metalcore here pretty much. Nothing to do with BDHC.

Don’t genre Nazi this 😂 I’m a fan of this band and I know they’re BDHC and they even say they are. You are wrong, this is everything to do with BDHC. And all of those bands you listed - I could list several songs groovier / more melodic than anything by desolated.

To quote their website for this record...

5 BRAND NEW TRACKS OF THE HARDEST UK BEATDOWN FROM THE WORLD'S MOST NOTORIOUS BACK FROM THE DEAD.“

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Summers said:

If anything its hardcore punk its what the band says it is and numerous other people say

It sounds nothing like hardcore punk, have you ever even listened to hardcore punk lol

2 hours ago, Cam979 said:

Don’t genre Nazi this 😂 I’m a fan of this band and I know they’re BDHC and they even say they are. You are wrong, this is everything to do with BDHC. And all of those bands you listed - I could list several songs groovier / more melodic than anything by desolated.

To quote their website for this record...

5 BRAND NEW TRACKS OF THE HARDEST UK BEATDOWN FROM THE WORLD'S MOST NOTORIOUS BACK FROM THE DEAD.“

You just sound like you can't distinguish differences in sound bruh
They aren't BDHC sorry, way too metallic for that

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, jimblesack said:

It sounds nothing like hardcore punk, have you ever even listened to hardcore punk lol

Ah okay so the band themselves are wrong too good to know

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Summers said:

Yeah they are unfortunately, you do realize being in a band doesn't make you automatically right.
Motorhead calls themselves rock 'n' roll and Carnifex call themselves "modern death metal" and obviously neither are correct.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Summers said:

Jimblesack obviously knows better than what the band know, who would’ve guessed? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jimblesack said:

You do realise genres aren’t an absolutely unbreakable law that cannot be defied in any sense? If they say they’re BDHC they are because they want attention drawn to their breakdowns/beatdowns to attract a certain crowd and appeal to fans of such music which will fit them into that scene and mean they’re playing with other beatdown bands rather than general hardcore bands. Certain fans change how a gig is, especially with beatdown and they clearly want to attract that crowd. Stop thinking you know better than the band hahaha.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Cam979 said:

Jimblesack obviously knows better than what the band know, who would’ve guessed? 

The evidence shows that I am so

14 hours ago, Cam979 said:

You do realise genres aren’t an absolutely unbreakable law that cannot be defied in any sense? If they say they’re BDHC they are because they want attention drawn to their breakdowns/beatdowns to attract a certain crowd and appeal to fans of such music which will fit them into that scene and mean they’re playing with other beatdown bands rather than general hardcore bands. Certain fans change how a gig is, especially with beatdown and they clearly want to attract that crowd. Stop thinking you know better than the band hahaha.

Genres have established definitions and frameworks so in a way they kind of are rigid inherently. If you deviate too far it's just a whole different genre at that point (that's how we get new subgenres, that's literally how genres work lol). Most of the "hardcore" bands they're playing with are just metalcore/crossover bands anyway.
Using "hardcore" as an umbrella term is fine but don't claim to be a particular genre when you're not. BDHC is a specific form of hardcore with a distinct sound.

So yeah I know better than the band in this case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (and most of the time the band is the worst source for the genre they play anyway unless they literally pioneered a genre). I doubt Desolated are even that serious with "beatdown" in the first place, they probably just go with whatever HC dorks at the time are calling them.

If you don't believe me with what hardcore is here's some sources that back up what I've been saying:
https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Hardcore+Punk/
https://www.allmusic.com/style/hardcore-punk-ma0000002641
https://www.thoughtco.com/hardcore-punk-music-2803394

Idk why some people care so much about genre tagging like does it matter THAT much lmao

8 minutes ago, jimblesack said:

The evidence shows that I am so

Genres have established definitions and frameworks so in a way they kind of are rigid inherently. If you deviate too far it's just a whole different genre at that point (that's how we get new subgenres, that's literally how genres work lol). Most of the "hardcore" bands they're playing with are just metalcore/crossover bands anyway.
Using "hardcore" as an umbrella term is fine but don't claim to be a particular genre when you're not. BDHC is a specific form of hardcore with a distinct sound.

So yeah I know better than the band in this case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (and most of the time the band is the worst source for the genre they play anyway unless they literally pioneered a genre). I doubt Desolated are even that serious with "beatdown" in the first place, they probably just go with whatever HC dorks at the time are calling them.

If you don't believe me with what hardcore is here's some sources that back up what I've been saying:
https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Hardcore+Punk/
https://www.allmusic.com/style/hardcore-punk-ma0000002641
https://www.thoughtco.com/hardcore-punk-music-2803394

Question, why does it matter to you so much?

The boys are back! Love me some Euro beatdown, one of the best hardcore bands out