Summers

Linkin Park - What Are You Worth? (Demo) (Single) (2019)

59 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - ?

Genre - Pop Rock, Alternative Rock

Quality - MP3. 320 kbps CBR

** Demo from One More Light **

Tracklist:

1. What Are You Worth?

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

Great song, shame it didn't make it on the album

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I LOVE this but I’m bias. It would have felt good to of heard Chester on this instead of mike, but I’ll take what I can get since Mike is a hero of mine. I really miss Chester.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Why?  Why would they release a shit Mike song now under the guise of Linkin Park?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

9 minutes ago, nineball4444 said:

Why?  Why would they release a shit Mike song now under the guise of Linkin Park?  

Its an un-released demo

• Upvote 2

This is great

2 minutes ago, Summers said:

Its an un-released demo

It doesnt sound like a Demo

1 minute ago, DisturbedOne said:

This is great

Cause its a 320 non-transcode and it sounds pretty good lol

• Haha 2

I'm in love and GOD I miss Chester so much. 

20 minutes ago, nineball4444 said:

@nineball4444 I guess cause Mike's a member of Linkin Park? 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

This is great

Probable chance that this song + others are actually being reworked into a new album and maybe some new songs as well

• Love 2

Linkin Park haven't released a song worth shit since Meteora, what made them think they had a chance of changing that now....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 26

49 minutes ago, nineball4444 said:

it's a demo...

KL on the scene a day later. Good song tho.

it'd be fort minor then, if theres no chester...

• Downvote 7

46 minutes ago, Bradalee said:

Linkin Park haven't released a song worth shit since Meteora, what made them think they had a chance of changing that now....

I'm inclined to agree. Don't get me wrong, Chester's death is extremely tragic and I feel for his family and the band. It is to be said tho that everything after Minutes To Midnight was pretty damn lackluster and people shit on One More Light nonstop when it came out. Only after Chester's death did OML get praised to hell and back (by the same people shitting on in before of course). This song again is very predictable and while catchy this is so below what LP is capable of that it's not even funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

25 minutes ago, SMGTunes said:

I love this comment section full of people that haven't actually listened to or been involved with Linkin Park in any real way since 2004.

Quite an assumption to make, and i'd question if anyone on this site has been "involved" with Linkin Park on any level besides listening to their music and going to gigs. Everything Linkin Park did after Meteora was a mix of generic, unimaginative or just plain bad. They had an amazing, unique sound with two brilliant vocalists playing off each other perfectly, but they changed into a band who lost all of what made them great. 

Bands can evolve and change, some get better, some stay the same level, but with a different sound. Linkin Park? They just got worse. A lot worse. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 8

this is a bop 

35 minutes ago, Bradalee said:

LOL, A Thousand Suns is a fucking masterpiece just saying.

This song is ok. I love the pre-chorus especially.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

Just now, SMGTunes said:

I love this comment section full of people that haven't actually listened to or been involved with Linkin Park in any real way since 2004.

Basically the whole internet tbh, they only knew HT and Meteora because they were massive back in the day. but actually for me since MTM LP became a way better band.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Bradalee said:

Quite an assumption to make, and i'd question if anyone on this site has been "involved" with Linkin Park on any level besides listening to their music and going to gigs. Everything Linkin Park did after Meteora was a mix of generic, unimaginative or just plain bad. They had an amazing, unique sound with two brilliant vocalists playing off each other perfectly, but they changed into a band who lost all of what made them great. 

Bands can evolve and change, some get better, some stay the same level, but with a different sound. Linkin Park? They just got worse. A lot worse. 

Liking a bands original style does not qualify you to say the change in style is worse. Calling something worse is subjective you personally.

There are plenty of us that actually enjoy everything they did after.

If you like bands not changing their sound and repeating the same thing over and over, there is a fresh Skillet single for you on the site.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Good song, in my opinion better than most of OML

Where did it came from?

5 minutes ago, Sevi said:

Good song, in my opinion better than most of OML

Where did it came from?

It was leaked yesterday and then any and all posts of the song were quickly taken down by Warner Bros, some people were able to save it obviously. It's essentially from the OML sessions and my theory is that there's a chance that they were reworking this song along with others for a new album which explains why Warner went super crazy about it

• Upvote 1

Instrumentally I'm loving this. It's catchy af and hearing actual distorted guitar is great. People seem to expect the same thing over and over from every band, but these guys are literally middle aged now. Tastes change, life and growth change the way an artist creates. Listen to the old stuff if that's your jam (I prefer the old stuff too), but no need to crack the shits when something's not the exact same as you remember it. People would crack the shits for repetitiveness too.

As for what I actually think about the song itself.

I think if it were on OML, this would have been my favorite song.

I love the distorted guitar driving the chorus.

The last 2 lines in the song are being debated on, whether its Chester singing WHAT ARE YOU WORTH behind Mike.

It could just be Mike pitch shifting his vocal up, but it would be rad if it really was Chester.

As for how this actually got out, that's really interesting because all of LP's stuff is notoriously locked down and doesn't leak from anywhere.

The question is who did this, and was it done on purpose to generate buzz.

Regardless, I think this is a good idea of where the band could go with Mike as lead.

Chorus is VERY similar to ''Chaos in Motion'' from I, The Mighty

For everyone complaining about them releasing a song with just Mike on it, have you never listened to any of their full albums before? It’s  nothing new for them to have a song without Chester lol

• Upvote 3