Tracklist:

1. Legendary

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3

Other Releases by

Instrumentally this is pretty interesting to me, lots of interesting layers.

Chorus is predictable with back forth male/female vocals that they seem to love to do too much.

Sounds heavier and less poppy, seem to have moved the Poppiness into drum beats rather than guitar instrumentals and vocals.

Mixed really well too.

Lyrics a bit predictable topic wise.

This is quite long now.

I'm done.

• Haha 4

I'm nervous seeing as they barely lived up to their potential in the last album (besides that one hard rock song on it outta like 14 tracks, but here goes nothing!

The stupid poppy "ooooo-oooo-ooo" at the beginning instantly turned me off but we'll see lol ugh.

Nah. They can do so much better. Dammit...oh well.

I mean...it's nothing amazing
But could've been worse I guess?
Also...John...uhm...can you stick these OOOHS up to your arse please?
Thanks sincerely :)

Literally sounds no different than anything off unleashed, which was an okay album imo.

Pretty catchy tho, will blast till it is no longer catchy... Skillet's stuff is just not listenable after a week or so of random listens amongst other music

Bloody Hell.

Its..Skillet. Sounds exactly like Unleashed era so hopefully more string elements on the album. Now that John has Fight the Fury for the really heavy stuff I'm not expecting this record to blow me away. Comatose will always be the peak of this band for me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I know they are signed to a major label and all, but they basically carbon copy their songs at this point.

Exact same structure, chorus that builds to finishing with the title word.

Just imagine how their stuff would be if they used their same sound to make something interesting and different.

It's not bad, its just the exact Skillet format that is basically a science at this point.

In the end it just feels very manufactured.

What i hate the most about recent Skillet releases is the boring ass drums.. this sounds exactly the same 

• Upvote 1

ya ha habían tardado en sacar nuevo disco ellos, tocan excelente 

Nothing too special sadly. I was hoping they’d take a heavier route after John’s solo album with Fight the Fury but oh well.

EH, it sounds like Skillet. Thanks for posting.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Nothing will top Comatose. Unleashed was pretty bad aside from a few songs, and this is very very meh at least it's not horrible but it's a bummer Skillet keeps going this route

• Upvote 3

giphy (2).gif

This doesn’t sound all that bad. I agree that it sounds exactly like Unleashed, but I actually liked Unleashed, so that doesn’t bother me. Nothing special but a decent tune for sure 

• Upvote 2

Typical Skillet, which i'm happy with. I'm glad they're over the violin intros aka "I Want To Live", "Awake And Alive" , and " Not Gonna Die"

Hoping to maybe hear some more of Jen singing on some songs this time around!

4 hours ago, SMGTunes said:

I know they are signed to a major label and all, but they basically carbon copy their songs at this point.

Exact same structure, chorus that builds to finishing with the title word.

Just imagine how their stuff would be if they used their same sound to make something interesting and different.

It's not bad, its just the exact Skillet format that is basically a science at this point.

In the end it just feels very manufactured.

I legit though I heard this song before lmao. This uses the exact same production and mix template as Unleashed and the lyrics are the same as every song on Unleashed as well. I mean it's not terrible and I'm sure this will top the active rock charts but it also feels kinda cheap.

• Upvote 1

there new album victorious comes out August 2nd

• Upvote 1

Imma tell you this is going to be a terrible album. Unleashed was at least somewhat good. Unleashed Deluxe was a waste and money grab. This is going to be sad. Legendary great for mainstream rock but why.....so simple....wish i didnt hear this song....

4 hours ago, hundegsicht said:

I legit though I heard this song before lmao. This uses the exact same production and mix template as Unleashed and the lyrics are the same as every song on Unleashed as well. I mean it's not terrible and I'm sure this will top the active rock charts but it also feels kinda cheap.

But also remember. The past couple albums, Skillet releases the radio-friendly and "meh" songs as singles, but the gems are hidden in the non-singles.

• Upvote 1

I so hope this is one of the meh ones. This sounds EXACTLY like Unleashed and while this is not too bad (Legendary's a good song), I kinda wanted a change. But they said they're going heavier with this one. So as Defoe said, maybe the truth lies within the album itself, not the singles...

• Love 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Meh, is the Feel Invincible beta? Basically the same thing, only worse!

2 hours ago, Burst said:

I so hope this is one of the meh ones. This sounds EXACTLY like Unleashed and while this is not too bad (Legendary's a good song), I kinda wanted a change. But they said they're going heavier with this one. So as Defoe said, maybe the truth lies within the album itself, not the singles...

I hope so

I only listened their "Awake and Alive" song, and love it.

This song... damn love it more