mR12

Issues - Tapping Out (Single) (2019)

81 posts in this topic

Pretty boring, chorus is underwhelming to say the least 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

song is good

can't help but feel they did Michael wrong tho

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

song is good

can't help but feel they did Michael wrong tho

they did,  but it's business.  honestly what was he bringing to the table?

 

this song doesn't do it for me at all.  the heavy stuff was boring, Tyler has a ridiculous voice but all the melodies here are tired top 40 tier.

 

I'll still check the album out, but my expectations are very low

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good, I think overall the delivery is good but can't help and notice the direction of the band and overall trajectory is basically, the same? Don't think it matters all that much if Michael Born is in the band or not but to me having heavy parts in this song is kinda forced. Low tuned Tyler Carter driven Issues could be cool though. Will be checking out the record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Insert 14 yr old Fan girl scream) OMG! I can't wait for the album!!!!! Tyler Carter vocals are just so amazing!!!! Love Issues!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, humbleledger said:

they did,  but it's business.  honestly what was he bringing to the table?

 

this song doesn't do it for me at all.  the heavy stuff was boring, Tyler has a ridiculous voice but all the melodies here are tired top 40 tier.

 

I'll still check the album out, but my expectations are very low

He brought the dual vocalist dynamic, and iconic screams. I'm sure the music will be fine to great without him, but the amount they apparently care about people is so low. This may not be entirely true, we don't know the whole story, but from what we know, there wasn't a good reason. Good music, but sure doesn't seem like good people.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main issue with this Issues song is that Tylers Vocals dont sound as powerful as their last album. If they used the same production styles as that last album that chorus would hit harder, and a lot nicer. But overall its a nice song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, neebnoob18 said:

He brought the dual vocalist dynamic, and iconic screams. I'm sure the music will be fine to great without him, but the amount they apparently care about people is so low. This may not be entirely true, we don't know the whole story, but from what we know, there wasn't a good reason. Good music, but sure doesn't seem like good people.

 

there's like 3 peoplein the band who can scream right? and I wouldn't describe his screams as 'iconic'... but that's subjective I guess. 

 

as far as the whole story, pretty sure you and I summed it up.  there's at least two other members who can do what he did while contributing to the instrumentals, their new style seems to be way dialed back on the 'core' so why have a designated screamer getting a cut on pay day. 

 

yeah it's super shitty, he was an integral part of early issues.  not something a friend would do for sure 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is trash, hate seeing good bands turn to complete shit

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after more time with it I still dig it. I am a little bummed the instrumentation isnt as chaotic as the last record was. MY biggest gripe tho is a common one i think. I miss michael. He started to really come into his own last record. I loved the harsh vox/singing style he did a lot last album. So many of my fav parts were when he did that. Aj is a dope screamer but thats all it is. Harsh vox with no melody behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really like this, the song is catchy and the heavy part caught me off guard. If there's more heavy parts like that I'm sold. I really thought they were gonna drop screams entirely hopefully this isn't like the heaviest song on the album lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont get the hype with this, it's not great at all. Past material overrides this 100%

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit, this breakdown is pure fire!!! Can't wait for the album!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, humbleledger said:

 

there's like 3 peoplein the band who can scream right? and I wouldn't describe his screams as 'iconic'... but that's subjective I guess. 

 

as far as the whole story, pretty sure you and I summed it up.  there's at least two other members who can do what he did while contributing to the instrumentals, their new style seems to be way dialed back on the 'core' so why have a designated screamer getting a cut on pay day. 

 

yeah it's super shitty, he was an integral part of early issues.  not something a friend would do for sure 

Issues did a live stream today and they said that Michael showed up to the Headspace studio sessions with 0 cleans practice whatsoever among other reasons why he wasnt deemed a fit for the band anymore. I figured that was worth sharing.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nick Its missing Michael! Those screams sound like every other screamer out there. Michael is so unique in his style and his sound.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not feeling it. Maybe if the whole song was AJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone complaining about the vocal effects but like, they've almost always done that? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I had all the facts, but as things have developed, my opinion is changing

No one seems to be in the right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting alot of downvotes on my original comment from all the fanbois and grills.

 

It still stands this song is terrible.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This song will just not get the hell out of my head. It never gets old. Hyped for the third release!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love bring me the horizon this time of year

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2019 Kingdom Leaks.