mR12

Issues - Tapping Out (Single) (2019)

80 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Nick said:

i love tylers vocals in this song. idk its a good song but i feel like its missing something cant tell 

might need to listen a few times and itll grow

michael is missing lol

this was so mediocre, there's no life or energy to it at all & for the most part it just sounds like waterparks-core

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Other Releases by

AJ said this is the hardest on the album, if this is, I'll give it a shot once it releases, but I doubt I'll like it.

42 minutes ago, DaddyMac said:

AJ said this is the hardest on the album, if this is, I'll give it a shot once it releases, but I doubt I'll like it.

pretty sure all of them specifically said ‘ONE OF the heaviest’, and this shit djenty as hell already

4 hours ago, Lord mR12 said:

OkOAHLG.jpg

Leaked
Release - May 3, 2019

Genre - Metalcore, Post-Hardcore

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

01. Tapping Out (3:38)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

Holy shit these guys didn’t break up? Idk where I read that from... but I swear I thought I’d never hear new shit from them again.

this is solid. Tyler is solid. Issues has always been a guilty pleasure for me. 

im pretty stoked for this. 

@Maximo I coulda sworn he said the heaviest, but either way I'll give it a fair chance when it releases, its definitely got the djent feel, and that and AJ's screaming definitely relieved me. AJ has an awesome voice, so I hope theres alot more of that on the new album.

• Upvote 1

So this looks like Issues is doing something VERY similar to what I See Stars did when Zach left. Still keeping the metal element there and letting synths and electronic mixing take the center stage. Tyler's vocals here seem different. I don't think i like it all that much.

It's alright i guess. AJ seems alright too. Micheal will be missed though.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NightAngel said:

Wish Tyler didnt use so many vocal effects, cause clearly he doesn't need any.

he doesn't use them because he needs them. it's an artistic choice to get a specific sound they're going for. 

• Upvote 7

Didn't have any expectations for this release at all, but it wasn't too bad. Not sure what to think about AJ's screaming yet, I just know there wasn't enough of it in this song.

1218015982_KLSigsmaller.jpg.ab4a9f73146d9c51a558272ed55040eb.jpg

Pretty solid.  

Michael as a vocalist was pretty average tbh. Didn’t have much range in his screams and his singing wasn’t the best. AJ is more than enough to fill that hole. 

• Upvote 3

lxHBhNr.png

45 minutes ago, DaddyMac said:

@Maximo I coulda sworn he said the heaviest, but either way I'll give it a fair chance when it releases, its definitely got the djent feel, and that and AJ's screaming definitely relieved me. AJ has an awesome voice, so I hope theres alot more of that on the new album.

I also heard "one of the heaviest" multiple times

• Upvote 2

Lyric wise reminds me of stingray affliction and the instrumental reminds me of a heavy version of slow me down

• Upvote 1

The guitar is so simple but I understand that they choosed this way cause scream and play this djenty stuff is hard af. 

About the vocals: there's so many effects on them that gave me a bad sensation idk. If you put vocal effects in a song like 'Late' you will see that it matches perfecly, but Tapping Out it's not the type of song that you put so many things and it fell like there's a hole on the song. The only thing we can't do is judge an album for it's single so let's wait for the other ones and see what happens next. 

6/10

6 hours ago, Dan said:

god please just kick out Tyler now and let AJ do vocals full time lmao dude is so fucking good. his section is the only interesting part of this otherwise bland shit

That literally destroys the whole purpose of the band? It would make them another generic metalcore band. The pop and R&B influences Tyler brings is what makes them stand out. If you want another generic metalcore band there's hundreds out there.

• Upvote 1

I fucking love the artwork...why so much hate for it? Looks sick lol

• Upvote 1

Yo all the bullshit aside this is a straight banger.  I'm really stoked for this album 

• Upvote 1

This is so fucking dope! How are people not loving this?! It feels like an evolution of the last record. I wasnt a fan of the band to much than headspace came and it blew my fucking mind. The instrumentation was incredible and complex but straight forward enough to hook u. Howard benson said he pushed them to go even more proggy. Im not hearing that hear but im not mad! I will say tho, the guy they kicked out I LOVED his style last record. He was doing that scream/sing thing chester B did so well and I def miss him here. AJ sounds beastly but its more of a typical heavy type dirty vocal. This and the northlane singles got me so hyped. I just wish NL would release talking heads already!

2 hours ago, highfivepunk said:

he doesn't use them because he needs them. it's an artistic choice to get a specific sound they're going for. 

still doesn't make it the wisest choice though.

309870369_nar02.png.0d873f258f0838c2011e001a4b8d3643.png

New Review Every Week!

Incredible single, was half expecting them to change genre's but I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Upvote 3

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 
June 5, 1990 - August 25, 2018

"Will I be remembered or will I be lost in loving eyes?"

pppppprrrrrreeeeeetttttyyyyyyyyy cccccooooooooooollllllllllll

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Honestly prefer this over new Northlane lul

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That literally destroys the whole purpose of the band? It would make them another generic metalcore band. The pop and R&B influences Tyler brings is what makes them stand out. If you want another generic metalcore band there's hundreds out there.

I'll take another generic metalcore band fronted by AJ over whatever trash Issues is putting out these days. This band does not stand out in the slightest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

i am a pure juicer kingdom leaks user

It’s not that bad... I’d appreciate more uncleans. But at least they are there at the end :lol: the song was catchy enough but definitely feels like something more than just screams was lacking. Not sure how I’m gonna feel about new album yet. I guess 6.5/10? I’m still interested.

Blaahhhh man. Wtf. Just something is off.. like it seems cookie cutter with some of the like rhythm..and weird structuring..screams at the end were meh..and I didn't get OOH FUCK YEAH outta it. So lame. I'm sad.

Also feels like he's on autopilot singing. There's like no energy no oomph to this song. 

Whole part hes like Tapping now out tapping out now. Sounds like Tappeh ow noaw but tricks yall into thinking its dope by just mashing it and going fast oh tappehownoawohtappehownaow. Just messy. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I honestly like the vocals as much or more than before. AJ kills it. I definitely agree with a lot of people on here about the instrumentals not really standing out though. They're not bad, they just aren't very interesting which is kinda disappointing.

This is gonna sound crazy but I already like AJ's screams more than Micheals TBH. Also for me at this point, Tyler's singing is just a turn off and in this song it just didnt fit in well with the djenty sound they have now. Its just off putting, his voice and what they did to Micheal. This band is meh. After all this time this is what they could come up with? Oh well.

THIS SHIT IS AMAZINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Holy shit, this is amazing <3
WTF is that guitar tuning...it's so fucking low

Pretty boring, chorus is underwhelming to say the least 

• Upvote 1