Rorschach

Northlane - Bloodline (Single) (2019)

96 posts in this topic

I don't understand the hype behind this. It's very well made and produced but to me, it just lacks personality. Like I've heard it before. Solid track but unrecognizable 

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

I like it. I really can't stand traditional nu metal like Korn and linkin Park, but when it's used as an influence and mixed with other genres I feel like the end result is usually pretty great 

• Upvote 1

They pull off this sound SO WELL. I grew from liking this a lot when I first heard it, to not being able to listening to it. So hyped for the full album.

It’s cool they’re trying something new but this is such an old formula done 999x I just cannot find it interesting. Maybe I would’ve liked this 10 years ago, but it isn’t as magical as everyone is making it out to be. It is a good transition / filler song to change the pace, but the way everyone here is hyping it makes it seem like Northlane’s best song ever, which it most certainly is not. 

Props for for trying something new but it’s no more than a 6/10 track.

13 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

Funny how music is. I feel the exact opposite. To me adrian while he was good he seemed to lack in the melody area. A lot of his vocal deliverys just seemed odd to me and didnt hook me. I became a huge fan after node.

I agree with this. Adrian just stuck out as one of those early 2010s unclean vocalists who sounded aggressive but that’s his only trait. He couldn’t sing for shit, he had no flow and his melodies were all over the place. Before Marcus joined, NL were overhyped and dull. Marcus has taken NL to new levels Adrian never could’ve achieved.

Easily one of their best songs to date IMO love the grove to this

4 hours ago, Cam979 said:

He couldn’t sing for shit, he had no flow and his melodies were all over the place.

Agreed. His screams absolutely slay but for example his cleans in Quantum Flux are a definite miss. It's good we have Analog Future so we can hear what Marcus is doing with the older tracks

1 minute ago, suckmywaifu said:

Agreed. His screams absolutely slay but for example his cleans in Quantum Flux are a definite miss. It's good we have Analog Future so we can hear what Marcus is doing with the older tracks

Agreed. 

Analog Future indicates how much better he is. 

This song is awesome.  vultures was also awesome.  Definitely buying tickets to the tour with Erra 

I've been on a Northlane binge today and it is crazy how much Marcus has improved his vocals since Node - and they were pretty good to begin with.

16 minutes ago, She Stabs Deep Into Me said:

love.

YOU CALL THIS LOVE?!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

bad song by a bad band and also can we please stop referring to them as "progressive"

they progress nothing and basically define generic

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

fuck all y'all

this song is a fucking JAM

1:20 - 2:00 is now easily one of the coolest Marcus vocal displays imo, the way he amps it up and down is just so fucking enjoyable. Most people jerked over some measly "low" he did on Vultures (overrated btw) but this shit is actually fucking sublime.

• Upvote 1

Did they share a studio with Motionless In White? Solid production, just pretty uninspired and It's something that's been done to death. Was expecting more from them tbh.

Holy crap. I think I'm on my 11th play in a row. That chorus is catchy AF. 

I feel like if any other band made this change, people would be screeching about it being bad. But because it's Northlane, it isn't.

• Downvote 4

i can totally fall asleep to this chorus

30 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

I feel like if any other band made this change, people would be screeching about it being bad. But because it's Northlane, it isn't.

Why? I enjoy this more than Vultures which a lot of Adrian dickriders seem to love (while simultaneously not enjoying this one) and it's really all in the details and delivery, I've seen this compared to like 5 bands most of which make no sense anyways (fucking Ill Nino compared to Northlane? Really?) Show me a nu-core band that has the middle part or layered ambient electronics like Bloodline..? It's them through and through.

• Upvote 4

I always liked their stuff ever since Marcus joined, but i wasn't huge on them. For me, they are way better live and i rarely find myself listening to them that often.

Now this is something i really like and jam a lot already. I'm not sure if it's the new sound or if it's due to seeing them live so many times, but i'm genuinely hyped for this album and i think this will be on rotation for a long while. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Love it, sounds fresh and different without completely denaturing themselves. First time i will be hyped for a new album coming from them.

29 minutes ago, desk said:

Why? I enjoy this more than Vultures which a lot of Adrian dickriders seem to love (while simultaneously not enjoying this one) and it's really all in the details and delivery, I've seen this compared to like 5 bands most of which make no sense anyways (fucking Ill Nino compared to Northlane? Really?) Show me a nu-core band that has the middle part or layered ambient electronics like Bloodline..? It's them through and through.

I like the song. Prepared for you to call me retarded/or downvote but it just sounds like i Prevail's last album with better vocals snd lyrics.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

I like the song. Prepared for you to call me retarded/or downvote but it just sounds like i Prevail's last album with better vocals snd lyrics.

Stop making this worse and bigger fool from yourself that you already are

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

You have nearly 3 decades of alternative metal to choose for a legitimate comparison yet you go for arguably the more braindead route. Probably bait at this point and not worth responding lol

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

is this actually serious lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, desk said:

You have nearly 3 decades of alternative metal to choose for a legitimate comparison yet you go for arguably the more braindead route. Probably bait at this point and not worth responding lol

Not bait, you can think that if you like. That is a legitimate comparison. Just copy paste any generic nu metalcore band name in I Prevail's place and it's still the same statement.

23 minutes ago, Joseph said:

is this actually serious lol

Yes.

39 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Stop making this worse and bigger fool from yourself that you already are

Bigger fool of myself for thinking the single isn't great and sounds like generic nu metalcore?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

Not bait, you can think that if you like. That is a legitimate comparison. Just copy paste any generic nu metalcore band name in I Prevail's place and it's still the same statement.

Yes.

Bigger fool of myself for thinking the single isn't great and sounds like generic nu metalcore?

bero 2.0

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2