96 posts in this topic

How is this Linkin Park you fools? :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Crush on you

tumblr_p8d6h2wYoc1unrq34o3_500.gif

Other Releases by

4 hours ago, mxzh said:

Watching new Game of Thrones EP and this comes out, I'm literally gonna die from excitement

Sole problem is this is good while GoT ep was anticlimactic :rolleyes:

Crush on you

This is dope

3 hours ago, desk said:

I personally loved Mesmer and second half of Node but Vultures felt like a good song but far from what I loved about most of Mesmer. This though? This is honestly a very awesome change of pace, you can hear both what the past five years of Northlane were about while also huge alt.metal and electronic influences which work so well for them and Marcus' new vocal approach. The whole middle section 1:20 onwards is flawlessly executed imo and Marcus sounds better than ever there, transitions between parts are insane. It's still not Zero-one, Render, whatever the fuck, but it's a great song and I much more prefer this over something like Citizen or Vultures. Production is sick too.

I for one welcome our new alien overlords.

Spot-on. The atmosphere and groove is what really makes this song memorable for me, which is also true of my favorite tracks from Mesmer. Marcus continues to prove why the hate he still gets from some segments of the band's fanbase is ridiculous, he shows yet another side of his vocals here and absolutely makes the song. Very stoked for this album.

Better than anything of Mesmer, or Node. Hell even Singularity if the big songs of Singularity weren't as catchy as they are. Also this might be better than Talking Heads but I'll wait for the release of that. Oh and if you call this some Linkin Park, Korn, or whatever Nu-Ripoff you should match your text colour to the background colour. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Okay, I do hear the Linkin Park in this now. Someone please end my life. :lol:

• Confused 2

Crush on you

In my opinion, which I’m sure will get trashed for it, I haven’t really enjoyed anything by Northlane since Adrian left. He really brought a passion and raw emotion to the band that just has been missing for me. The dynamic for me has just entirely changed. With that being said I’m not fan of the new direction musically though I do understand musicians and bands have to try more things. I am so thankfully to have their earlier music and will continue to listen and enjoy it often. 

• Upvote 5

chill (2).png

YESSSSSS guys they needed to do this. As much as we love the usual NL formula its sort of been done to death buy so many bands right now. Now yes you could say the same for numetal but for nl this is new territory. It makes me excited to see they didnt do a typical back to our roots shit so many bands do now. Remember to, labels pick the song they think will do best on radio. So far this album is shaping up to have a little bit of everything just like mesmer.

I haven't really been able to get back Into this band since their debut. Was hoping this would be the one.. not so sure anymore.

17 minutes ago, PositiveOutlook said:

In my opinion, which I’m sure will get trashed for it, I haven’t really enjoyed anything by Northlane since Adrian left. He really brought a passion and raw emotion to the band that just has been missing for me. The dynamic for me has just entirely changed. With that being said I’m not fan of the new direction musically though I do understand musicians and bands have to try more things. I am so thankfully to have their earlier music and will continue to listen and enjoy it often. 

Funny how music is. I feel the exact opposite. To me adrian while he was good he seemed to lack in the melody area. A lot of his vocal deliverys just seemed odd to me and didnt hook me. I became a huge fan after node.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

How I miss the Singularity days… That album was a milestone

• Upvote 2

After a few listens, I thought it was an okay song, nothing more.  It will have to grow on me, and I am sure it'll be better in the context of the full album, but as a standalone song, I unfortunately thought it was quite underwhelming.  I am not too keen on the alt/nu-metalcore sound they're going for but I am glad they're still putting out music as people are definitely bound to like it!  Let's hope the full album is more along the lines of Talking Heads and Vultures.

• Upvote 1

I dig this a lot, can't wait for the album.

Well that was surprisingly really damn good! Quite an interesting sound for Northlane- you can only do the pseudo-prog/djent thing for so long. Nice to see them switching things up.

2 hours ago, matt.kolics said:

How I miss the Singularity days… That album was a milestone

Can still listen to that album hasn't disappered from the Earth has it lol

• Upvote 1

Groovy, me likey. Very atmospheric, almost gives me an Architects-y feeling in some sense. What I'm not happy about is the release date, August is way to faaar away. We don't require a surprise release like last time (although that was neat), but less than 3 months would be much more ideal - plus two songs already released, one played live, so basically 3 months for 7 songs, ehhh.

I was about to give my opinion but then I realized that I simply dont like this band, so..

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

One minor gripe...the song would of been better received and just been stronger if they added an intro riff that reoccurred thru the song. Thats the only things thats obviously missing to me. If it had that it would be 9/10. I can totally see why some people are underwhelmed by it. For a first single its def an odd choice but shows that are taking risks. Im surprised they wont follow this song up with another more familiar one a little quicker. Talking heads sounds like a solid mix of the older style and this more nu style.

I loved Mesmer more than any other release, it had a great atmospheric feel to it that most metal core bands don’t do either at all or good enough. It was also kinda of a intro album to them for me. I do respect their old stuff but when a band can change and grow it means something to me. This change of pace is great and very much welcome regardless of the amount of bands doing the nu-metal style. To me Nu-metal songs feel like super heavy edgy rapcore songs with more breakdowns and guitar riffs, aaand not every band is great at it either like rappers. But NL is one of those that can, and I’ll welcome it with open arms. Thank you KL staff for posting this :wub:

I mean, this is alright, but it doesn't make me want to go and buy the cd. 7/10

309870369_nar02.png.0d873f258f0838c2011e001a4b8d3643.png

New Review Every Week!

After hearing it sometimes, it's really a killer song!

What korn would sound like if they were metalcore not a dig very good song 

13 hours ago, Maximo said:

guitar work isn't quite as interesting as their previous work, but as a radio single this is GREAT

This just ruined it for me like FUCKING A LOT! lol Their latest albums were far from as strong as their earliest material. If the guitar work is not as interesting as the last 2 records, I'm out.  xD

• Sad 1

57 replies in 13 hours? This is what as known an KL getting a boner. What makes it even better is that the song is worth the hype.

• Haha 1

I really hope Alien is what you call a holy fucking shit good album

i need this as a need for speed soundtrack

tumblr_nfx3hbqWqX1s03x0vo1_500.gif.cc6d5528496e9d13151c966cbda83319.gif