Lord Rorschach

Volumes - Coming Clean (EP) (2019)

51 posts in this topic

Enjoyable

Having an interlude on an EP is such a waste the majority of the time. Like come on now 😒

Lol some of these peoples comments about the instrumental track.

You get 5 songs with vocals and one interlude track and you fucking complain about how an interlude is a waste of space. 
This is what makes artists wanting to do shit so difficult because we try to aim for pleasing people but also staying true to our art and people shit on it regardless like spoiled, fat children that don't get enough to satiate. Do you know how much money goes into making an EP? The production costs alone that artists probably won't see a return on because of streaming services?

Imagine not buying a download and whining about the number of songs you didn't pay for. Bunch of fuck sticks.

This EP is solid even though I hate the mix. 

No, I'm not in Volumes. Just another artist that is becoming jaded by shitty consumers. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Predator said:

Having an interlude on an EP is such a waste the majority of the time. Like come on now 😒

Would you rather 5 tracks with no interlude? It's not like they were told that they cant go over 20 minutes and included an interlude anyway lol

But anyway, Until the End is the only actual great song imo, the vast majority of this is pretty average. I think the best parts are when Myke Terry is used liberally. 

Forgettable EP

Ruined by a shitty mix.

3 hours ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Would you rather 5 tracks with no interlude? It's not like they were told that they cant go over 20 minutes and included an interlude anyway lol

But anyway, Until the End is the only actual great song imo, the vast majority of this is pretty average. I think the best parts are when Myke Terry is used liberally. 

That was kind of my point too. So irritating to whine about an interlude. 

man i became a fan on the last record cause The grooves and melody's were amazing plus the production was crazy good. I expected big things from the follow up. This feels like a step back in every way. Its like they are stuck trying to please old fans while trying to evolve. The last track was the only one that held up to DA in my opinion. A few comments were def right tho the production really has no life. If it was better im sure a lot of these would be received better.

8 hours ago, Epirocker said:

You get 5 songs with vocals and one interlude track and you fucking complain about how an interlude is a waste of space. 
This is what makes artists wanting to do shit so difficult because we try to aim for pleasing people but also staying true to our art and people shit on it regardless like spoiled, fat children that don't get enough to satiate. Do you know how much money goes into making an EP? The production costs alone that artists probably won't see a return on because of streaming services?

Imagine not buying a download and whining about the number of songs you didn't pay for. Bunch of fuck sticks.

No, I'm not in Volumes. Just another artist that is becoming jaded by shitty consumers. 

Found the guy that has interlude tracks on his band that no one cares about's album 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Epirocker said:

Someone’s having a rough day. I’m sowwy. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SilverMk6 said:

Found the guy that has interlude tracks on his band that no one cares about's album 

Negative. Do you have a band or an album?

This is so good.
ALIVE and Until The End are so fucking catchy. And I don't see any problems with the production whatsoever lol

Pretty good EP, Production is really rough tho

I like the flow on this compared to Different Animals. It's a bit slower and more melodic. Cleans mix inin well with uncleans, loving the breakdowns. Would've like Different Animals a biiiit more if it sounded like this EP. This isn't my favorite genre but I do like Volumes. There's only a few Djent Progg bands I like. :lol: Attila feature is pretty awesome btw. Thank you for this!

oh wow, this is so much worse than what I thought it was going to be.

• Confused 1

I really enjoyed this EP and felt the mix sounded fine. Looking forward to the next album.

I throughoutly enjoyed this EP :)
Most favourite: ALIVE
8/10

after the dust has settled I actually really like this EP, it’s not perfect but a few of the tracks here are really good 

Well, it took some time, but i can finally say i really enjoy this EP. Their new stuff always have the same effect on me, always a bit disappointed at first and after a week or two of sporadic listens, i have a complete different opinion. They definitely found a good compromise between old Volume and DA.