Lord Rorschach

Motionless In White - Disguise / Brand New Numb (Singles) (2019)

60 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg
Release - April 17th, 2019
Genre - Metalcore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. Disguise (3:57)
10. Brand New Numb (3:42)

Download

New album Disguise available June 7th!!*

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5
  • Downvote 1

Disguise and Brand New Numb sound like something you'd hear in an old WWE video game's main menu playlist

So what i mean is, 2006 alt rock you heard everywhere at the time.

• Upvote 4

this really does sound like breaking benjamin had a slightly edgier younger brother that was also really into celldweller 

take that as you will

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

What the fuck is this? Brand New Dumb is literally bad but at least the chorus is catchy. Disguise is decent but as a whole this is not promising whatsoever.

• Upvote 8

It's like some bands like Egypt Central, Celldweller, Eskimo Callboy and others very related had a big orgy and boom MIW

I find those singles a bit boring tbh

• Upvote 2

Just now, duck said:

It's like some bands like Egypt Central, Celldweller, Eskimo Callboy and others very related had a big orgy and boom MIW

I find those singles a bit boring tbh

don't disrespect Egypt Central like that

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Intro to Disguise got me kinda hyped up but that didn't last long. The final breakdown/chorus or however you want to call it was decent. But what in the actual fuck is the second song

• Upvote 3

LOVE Disguise, Brand New Numb sounds like its gonna be the Loud to this album. I pray the rest of the album is better 

• Upvote 2

Jesus fucking christ what's wrong with them, what the hell is Brand New Numb supposed to be.

Disguise is okayish, breakdown is sick;  artwork is too ugly to be real tho.

When they'll realize they're actually a good metalcore band and drop that alt rock shit, maybe we'll have a 100% good album lmao

• Upvote 5

Disguise isn’t too bad. Nice main riff and breakdown. Brand New Numb is terrible though! Too much experimenting in the wrong direction. At times they sound so similar to Manson (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing) but the lyrics aren’t even in the same realm as his...and it loses me, fast. 

i just hope they keep variety in songs like on last 2 albums

am i the only one who loved both songs? just one listen, maybe my opinion will change, but i thought they were both great for their own reasons. disguise sounded like them sticking with their typical sound, just elevated and with a sick breakdown, and BNN sounded like they were paying homage to their influences (mainly rob zombie or manson). 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, highfivepunk said:

am i the only one who loved both songs? just one listen, maybe my opinion will change, but i thought they were both great for their own reasons. disguise sounded like them sticking with their typical sound, just elevated and with a sick breakdown, and BNN sounded like they were paying homage to their influences (mainly rob zombie or manson). 

The Disguise breakdown isnt bad but i found it quite under average.

@nayrtrah Manson was a big influence of the band. Half of the "Reincarnate" album was written with Tim Skold, former Manson guitarist

• Upvote 1

I find both tracks above average. I think the majority of listeners came with their hopes way too high because they're a popular band. It sounds just like anything they've been doing, maybe just leaning a little more towards "DAD radio Rock" like Parkway Drive on the Brand New Numb single.

3 minutes ago, Ossy33xxx said:

@nayrtrah Manson was a big influence of the band. Half of the "Reincarnate" album was written with Tim Skold, former Manson guitarist

I didn't know that...thanks for the info. I can definitely hear the influence, though it's just a little difficult for me listen to someone sound so similar, who doesn't deliver the same depth. That being said, I do like MIW (for the most part), I just feel that takes away from their originality, a little. Great guys, by the way. Met them in Cleveland a few years back. Chris is one of the most down-to-earth musicians I've ever met.

The alternative album cover they posted on Instagram puts this one to shame. Really hoping for some heavier, and better singles though.

56474691_1211490902340682_2940573407495840467_n.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Grin59 said:

The alternative album cover they posted on Instagram puts this one to shame. 

56474691_1211490902340682_2940573407495840467_n.jpg

Definitely

@nayrtrah ya he's a really nice dude. they're from scranton here in Pa., i met him @ an allentown show years back. He was standing in a corner with these giant headphones on jamming out/screaming at the wall pumping himself up to go on stage i guess lol

So as far as the songs go I'm loving Disguise and I'm digging Brand New Numb I agree it'll be the loud of this album most likely, also I haven't seen anyone talk about this but JD's production on this is top notch. I'm really looking forward to the record and why they didn't go with the 2nd one as the official album cover is beyond me.

• Upvote 3