Rorschach

Motionless In White - Disguise / Brand New Numb (Singles) (2019)

62 posts in this topic

disguise: fantastic catchy rock song w a fantastic breakdown

 

brand new thumb: loud 2.0

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Other Releases by

I preordered the other cover. I very rarely buy cds, but I wouldn’t want to get stuck with this bullshit cover one day. 

Share this post


Link to post

THIS ONE'S FOR THE UNDERDOGSSSSSS
Production is really great, and this has been a problem since creatures for me, every other album had one little detail that got me a little upset, but this one is perfect so far.
So being a fucking obsessed guy for this band since Love Met Destruction, a few considerations, if someone actually cares:
1) I can perfectly see why you guys are not liking Brand New Numb,  buuuut it has been this way since Infamous I guess xDD ?? Even I had a trouble enjoying the first time they tried something in this direction, but they've been doing this type of sound for a while now, and as always a lot of negative comments always shows up, thought you guys would expect it by now xD.

With that said I love brand new numb because it simply feels right to me,  very headbang-ish and sing along song, just straight up enjoyable music.
2)Disguise is amazing and everything that I expected with something more, hyped to hear the stuff in it's entirety.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DekinhoDesu said:

THIS ONE'S FOR THE UNDERDOGSSSSSS
Production is really great, and this has been a problem since creatures for me, every other album had one little detail that got me a little upset, but this one is perfect so far.
So being a fucking obsessed guy for this band since Love Met Destruction, a few considerations, if someone actually cares:
1) I can perfectly see why you guys are not liking Brand New Numb,  buuuut it has been this way since Infamous I guess xDD ?? Even I had a trouble enjoying the first time they tried something in this direction, but they've been doing this type of sound for a while now, and as always a lot of negative comments always shows up, thought you guys would expect it by now xD.

With that said I love brand new numb because it simply feels right to me,  very headbang-ish and sing along song, just straight up enjoyable music.
2)Disguise is amazing and everything that I expected with something more, hyped to hear the stuff in it's entirety.

JD of Ice Nine Kills Produced this if you didn't know

  • Love 1

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

so basically this just confirms that reincarnate was their peak that numb song was so cringey 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nayrtrah said:

Disguise isn’t too bad. Nice main riff and breakdown. Brand New Numb is terrible though! Too much experimenting in the wrong direction. At times they sound so similar to Manson (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing) but the lyrics aren’t even in the same realm as his...and it loses me, fast. 

 

Imo he sounds way, way, WAY more like Jay Gordon from Orgy than he does Marilyn Manson. ;)
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, WYIN said:

 

He sounds way, way, WAY more like Jay Gordon from Orgy than he does Marilyn Manson. ;)

I don’t know about that, but I do hear similarities. I don’t always think he sounds like MM, but there are times he hits a certain tone, along with the synths in the music, that just create that Manson vibe.

Share this post


Link to post

Brand New Numb sounds more like Marilyn Manson than Manson himself does

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Love it! waiting so much for album!

disguise is so f”cking catchy!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not thrilled with the direction after Graveyard Shift but its just the first two singles, hopefully this is the weakest of the songs.

  • Upvote 2

 

 

 

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, nayrtrah said:

I don’t know about that, but I do hear similarities. I don’t always think he sounds like MM, but there are times he hits a certain tone, along with the synths in the music, that just create that Manson vibe.

 

Edited the very beginning of my post. I personally just don't hear MM vocally. I most certainly hear Orgy. Musically, however I do hear Manson. Especially so in Brand New Numb. :)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, WYIN said:

 

 

 

Just now, nayrtrah said:

 

 

4 minutes ago, WYIN said:

 

Edited the very beginning of my post. I personally just don't hear MM vocally. I most certainly hear Orgy. Musically, however I do hear Manson. Especially so in Brand New Numb. :)

 

I totally agree with you about the music in Brand New Numb. ? 

Share this post


Link to post

After a couple listens, these songs grew on me. I like that the album is getting different sounds with different tracks. I'm really looking forward for the rest of the album!

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Konvict v3 said:

Meh.

Shit, I was going to say exactly that.  The songs were okay, nothing special unfortunately.  Yall overhyped them.  I wish they wrote more songs along the lines of Dark Passenger and Everybody Sells Cocaine

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Really like the new tunes, looking forward to the album. Thanks for posting.

  • Upvote 2

 

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Share this post


Link to post

I think both of the songs are pretty good, but that could just be because of the insanely low expectations I had after reading the comments here

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, desk said:

What the fuck is this? Brand New Dumb is literally bad but at least the chorus is catchy. Disguise is decent but as a whole this is not promising whatsoever.

Welcome to phase 2 of hearing your favourite bands on roadrunner, the "not terrible but could be way better phase"

I hope the money's worth it, good on them for succeeding financially though. Looking forward to when they leave and go back to making heavy music rather than target audience pop metal.


My music is available for free on this site and @ widowswail.bandcamp.com

Share this post


Link to post

Disguise is sick, sounds like Korn meets old school Linkin Park.

Share this post


Link to post

brand new numb growing on me a bit, but still not great


http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

 

Share this post


Link to post

Brand New Numb is my fav. Disguise it alright. Both singles are growing on me. This album will be interesting. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, PhantomFear said:

LOVE Disguise, Brand New Numb sounds like its gonna be the Loud to this album. I pray the rest of the album is better 

Couldn't agree more. I personally pretend "LOUD" didn't happen when I listen to 'Graveyard Shift', the same will probably be the case for "Brand New Numb" now haha. "Disguise" is awesome though!

I will say, though, that "Brand New Numb" is definitely a better experimental MIW song than "LOUD" will ever be...so at least there's that haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Brand New Numb is my fav. Disguise it alright. Both singles are growing on me. This album will be interesting. 

Your favorite artist/your username is directly inspired by Breaking Benjamin, yet the song that is clearly heavily inspired by Breaking Benjamin isn't your favorite of the two...but rather the strange alternative punk/rock song takes the cake for ya. Interesting hahaha but hey, to each their own!

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like I'm in the minority here but man both songs blew me away. The chorus on Diguise is so damn good and the breakdown and riffs hit heavy as always. Stellar production too. The only thing that pisses me off is that artwork. MIW, please stop. Graveyard Shift's art already made me cringe hard as fuck but this is a whole new low. And then the limited edition CD actually gets decent artwork? Seems kinda lame if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Grin59 said:

The alternative album cover they posted on Instagram puts this one to shame.

They've always been bad at choosing album artwork, they should've used this one for Graveyard Shift

MIW-band.jpg

  • Upvote 4

movements.gif

Share this post


Link to post

ive been reading it as “brand new thumb” all day

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Disguise is pretty decent, Brand New Numb will definitely be a grower though

Share this post


Link to post

Sad what this band could've been and end up being. I still like them personally because they seem like genuine nice people, but their music just got incredibly repetitive, mediocre and formulaic. Like if they love what they do and are happy with it, fuck my opinion, I'm just a random dude on the internet, but I really hope they never went in that industrial rock direction and kept working on that creepy/halloween-esque metalcore, because I feel like in this point in their career they'd be offering something much more mature and original than this.

 

I actually enjoy Brand New Numb MUCH better than Disguise. Like at least it sounds somewhat different. Disguise sounds like literally 90% of their songs in the last 2/3 albums lol

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.