Why Nolin?

The Amity Affliction - This Could Be Heartbreak (2016)

132 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Very generic. Not bad but not good. Usually we complain about bands changing to much.. not the case for TAA. I liked LTOTM better for some reason. Pittsburgh, Death's Hand, Never Alone, and The Weigh Down were all killer tracks. Maybe after a couple more listens I will like this too. I'll give it a solid 6/10

Destroys LTOTM

opinions are amazing

This album actually passed my expectations. Wasn't too hyped after the first two singles but I'm actually really liking this album.

yeeesss! been waiting for this album for so long and after one listen I can say it's a pretty damn good one.

Such a good album these guys killed it

Some Friends is my favorite. haven't seen anyone say anything about that yet.

• Love 1

I'll be writing a full fledged unbiased review of the album for anyone who cares to read it. I'll be working on it tonight, should be up tomorrow. Listened to the album in full twice, will be reviewing each song.

Some Friends is my favorite. haven't seen anyone say anything about that yet.

Some friends of mine have mentioned it.

• Love 1

brdsx.gif

Thank you for the share

Oh lordy! Praise baby Jesus :D 

This album got Way more interesting in the second half

especially awesome ones  B)

mine is pretty awesome so I agree!

Are you a suicide survivor as well?

you are the hero that this page always needed 

After hearing the singles, I was kind of nervous that it would be a LTOTM v2. Not that it would be a bad thing, but I wanted a little more. I definitely got more, and it's incredible.

Another album, another Joel does every verse and Ahren does every chorus.

Any chance of a switch up any time ever?

This band is so fucking stale now, its a shame really.

• Love 2

Another album, another Joel does every verse and Ahren does every chorus.

Any chance of a switch up any time ever?

This band is so fucking stale now, its a shame really.

yeah have you heard all fucked up 

Please remove this shit band from the site. k Thanks

• Love 1

PSP JEsus.gif

At first listen it just sounds like a complete extension of LTOTM. Always been one of my favourite bands (since 2008, a long time ago), however it would be nice to hear a LITTLE variation. Sure, a solo here and there or a full Ahren song is a nice touch. But I expected that around album number 3, not 5. Still though, Amity are the most consistent band in the genre for what they do. No one is as catchy and easy to digest. It's easily a 4/5 for competency. I just know they are talented enough musicians to create something a bit more diverse. 

The other (controversial) opinion centre around Joel's lyrics. Maybe it's a personal thing from being 26 years old, generally happy and ambitious. But the lyrics feel entirely directed to 16 year olds with a range of mental illnesses. Not necessarily a bad thing because i know this band saves live, but a song or two here or there focusing on SOMETHING different would be nice. I thought Shine On was the beginning of that change but unfortunately not. And did we need another track with a depressing phone call at the end adding absolutely nothing to the record? Never understood on Let the Ocean Take Me Either. 

i dont want to come cross as a bitter, internet fan. I genuinely enjoy this album and have been listening to it all day (already got a few choruses stuck in my head and a couple of breakdowns are neat). I just really want to hear something a bit more forward thinking on the next album! 

ps. I can already tell that Wishbone is the most underrated song on the album. Stood out like dogs balls on first listen. Ripper track. 

try harder

• Love 1

brdsx.gif

At first listen it just sounds like a complete extension of LTOTM. Always been one of my favourite bands (since 2008, a long time ago), however it would be nice to hear a LITTLE variation. Sure, a solo here and there or a full Ahren song is a nice touch. But I expected that around album number 3, not 5. Still though, Amity are the most consistent band in the genre for what they do. No one is as catchy and easy to digest. It's easily a 4/5 for competency. I just know they are talented enough musicians to create something a bit more diverse. 

The other (controversial) opinion centre around Joel's lyrics. Maybe it's a personal thing from being 26 years old, generally happy and ambitious. But the lyrics feel entirely directed to 16 year olds with a range of mental illnesses. Not necessarily a bad thing because i know this band saves live, but a song or two here or there focusing on SOMETHING different would be nice. I thought Shine On was the beginning of that change but unfortunately not. And did we need another track with a depressing phone call at the end adding absolutely nothing to the record? Never understood on Let the Ocean Take Me Either. 

i dont want to come cross as a bitter, internet fan. I genuinely enjoy this album and have been listening to it all day (already got a few choruses stuck in my head and a couple of breakdowns are neat). I just really want to hear something a bit more forward thinking on the next album! 

ps. I can already tell that Wishbone is the most underrated song on the album. Stood out like dogs balls on first listen. Ripper track. 

More or less what I think, very nice. 

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Their sound may not changing much. But can't deny its catchy af

Needs more djent hey?

Completely agree with mostly everything. Their music and lyrical content has been the same (if not exact) since Chasing Ghosts. I also didn't like the Real Bad phone call thing as well, I didn't mind it on LTOTM, but it felt like it was rushed on this one, and didn't really need to be there. As a whole though, I like this alot more than LTOTM.

The back end of this album surprised me (i love the whole thing) but I was expecting it to drop off and go a bit softer and boring like LTOTM did, which didnt happen. Still dig this and Chasing Ghosts pretty evenly

I'm pretty sure amity has had very close friends commit suicide, which is why they're so fucked up in the head and supposedly cater to 16 year olds, which according to you are the only people that have mental illnesses I guess.

ok what ever learn a little

mange ma marde caliss de jambon de pam a bit a little french for you MOFOOOOOOOOO this band is Jesus

wow