Rorschach

Periphery - Periphery IV: HAIL STAN (2019)

176 posts in this topic

Having read the reviews of the album I really thought to take a slap, but I find the album really long is tasteless.
The singer is really annoying sometimes and I admit that the first title is really too long to digest first.
I will not even listen to it so much it disappointed me !!

• Downvote 2

Other Releases by

heard it all before, hard pass

Incredible album. The whole band just blows me away every time

27 minutes ago, LinaK said:

heard it all before,

agreed, but the only reason that's worth mentioning is in contrast to all the hype. 

if I listen to it as just an album, not trying to reinvent the genre, it's pretty damn good. 

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Sounds like Spencer didn't try all that hard with the vocals? idk.. instrumentals are good.. just not feeling it this time around.

• Confused 1

I almost forgot how amazing these guys are. Another great album to add to their collection.

• Upvote 1

Stan is being hailed. A lot of different directions here, moments that go as far as to remind me of BTBAM. Time will tell how well it holds up, but impressed on listen no. 1.

• Upvote 2

I've had Reptile, It's Only Smiles, Sentient Glow and Satellites on repeat the last few days.  Good stuff.

If I like those songs a lot (the more clean vocal/hook heavy catchier stuff)... are there other highlights song-wise in Periphery's discog that sound like them?  Wouldn't mind getting some more to listen to but there's a lot of albums/music to sift through from them.

• Upvote 1

Killer album! Their instrumentalists have always been other worldly. Anyone know the meaning behind Hail Stan?

18 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I've had Reptile, It's Only Smiles, Sentient Glow and Satellites on repeat the last few days.  Good stuff.

If I like those songs a lot (the more clean vocal/hook heavy catchier stuff)... are there other highlights song-wise in Periphery's discog that sound like them?  Wouldn't mind getting some more to listen to but there's a lot of albums/music to sift through from them.

Lune, Masamune, and Erised are the first few that come to my mind

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, Dreakon13 said:

I recommend Catch Fire, Scarlet, Alpha, Absolomb, and Lune in that order

• Upvote 1

Guest CheekyJeste

These cleans make me wanna commit deaf

Them guitar djont djonts are real nice though

4 minutes ago, CheekyJeste said:

These cleans make me wanna commit deaf

Them guitar djont djonts are real nice though

If you think his clean are bad you deserve to go deaf

• Upvote 3

Guest CheekyJeste
4 hours ago, DORBUSCUS said:

If you think his clean are bad you deserve to go deaf

Okay buddy, go back to watching RWBY u big smelly nerd

I may go back on my word and say this is their best album. Cant stop jammin it. Definitely on my buy soon list.

Time to give a full opinion on P4. 

Short version: It's fucking amazing. 

Long version: 

Reptile - This is definitively their magnum opus. This...beast surpassed both Omega and Racecar for me. From the orchestral beginning to the spoken part of Mikee fucking Goodman from SikTH, over the Focus Hour part to the epic "SOIL WE OWNNNN" ending. This song alone shows every reason we love Periphery. It's like they took the feelings of their best songs and merged it into one divine beast.

Not gonna say anything too much about Blood Eagle and Garden in The Bones, only that they were probably the best choices for singles and that they are, obviously, sick.

This album won't let you get a breather either, CHRVCH BVRNER pretty much slaps you into the face harder than a comet. It's weird, insane and straight out chaotic, along with that eerie dupstep-ish ending. Whoa. Matt probably had a lot of fun drumming.

It's Only Smiles is pretty much a heavier Catch Fire. Spencer proves once again that he is one of the best singers of this genre. Pretty epic stuff and the "whoaaaaaa-oh-ohh" part is just straight out beautiful. I almost began crying at the very end. 

Follow Your Ghost in return knows no mercy, instead it kinda is like a second "The Bad Thing" and has that epic last minute with Spencer screaming "YOUR HERO FALLSSSS!!!" and then a good as fuck guitar solo kicking in. THE PANDEMONIUM IS HIGHHHHH!

If you think the next one will slap into your face again, you're right, but not in a way you expect. The cinematic "Crush" guides you with some serious electronica, with some prog. metal leaking in here and there, before it pretty much blows your mind at the last minute, where it suddenly gets all eerie orchestral, where you could just feel like you are watching some unsettling ballet. "Cinematic" is pretty fitting for this one.

Sentient Glow, said to be the song which brought Spencer into the band, has Periphery II written all over it. It's fast, groovy and pretty much on the same step of Flatline and Scarlet. Spencer proves that he has a beautiful voice once again and overall, he nailed it more than Chris Baretto did. 

Satellites is just...I'm speechless for this one. It starts off calm, until the 4:33 mark, where Spencer just passes dimensions with his vocal range and every band member just goes their best one last time, before it calmly ends and leaves you out with a burst of laughter. Suck my balls.

Overall, Periphery have shown - once again - what they are capable of. It's on the same level as P3 for me, so the "absolutely godly" level. Combine Periphery II, Juggernaut and Periphery III and you get this beauty. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2019 at 11:32 PM, peperonikiller said:

Sounds like Spencer didn't try all that hard with the vocals? idk.. instrumentals are good.. just not feeling it this time around.

He did NOT try? 

Satellites?

• Upvote 1

Anybody else STILL taking in how amazing this album is? Still a MASSIVE AOTY Contender for me

• Upvote 4

Just now, Prototype539 said:

Anybody else STILL taking in how amazing this album is? Still a MASSIVE AOTY Contender for me

Dope record, but I personally think Reptile and Satellites (and maybe Blood Eagle) kinda-hard carry the rest of the record.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

It's one of my favorite albums of 2019. Periphery never fail to drop an amazing album, it seems.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

Still AOTY for me and I doubt it'll change.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prototype539 said:

Hell yeah dude. Certainly an AOTY contender, and Reptile is 100% SOTY for me. 

hail steven 

My favourite part is the last seconds of Satellites if you know what i mean. Joke aside, yeah good records for sure like always.