Lord Rorschach

Periphery - Periphery IV: HAIL STAN (2019)

171 posts in this topic

@FallenZA As I Lay Dying??? They're the definition of generic. Might as well consider them pop with their copy pasted discography. To each their own I guess. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

God... Reptile is godlike and Satellites is my new favorite closer... these guys are always on point with their closing tracks 🔥👍

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to check this out. 

• Upvote 1

Late to the party, but I think this is their best work yet.

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, Vinny554 said:

I mean, this is great and all guys but relax. This is not ground-breaking material from these guys. 

I’m just going to go ahead and correct myself because after another listen, this is like really really good

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Kaddisfly said:

only smiles is now one of my favorite periphery songs. spencer has improved so fucking much its insane.

Yes! This makes me happy, still about to have a listen myself.
I love his more poppy side on Nik Mystery (or w/e that project was called) and this seems like the more light hearted songs judging off the previews. Stoked :)

• Upvote 2

Reptiles and Satellites !

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ZeddsNotDead said:

@FallenZA As I Lay Dying??? They're the definition of generic. Might as well consider them pop with their copy pasted discography. To each their own I guess. 

Stop doing drugs...

It’s not the most technical of music (although some of the guitar pieces are quite advanced) but it’s fucking far from generic. That’s the dumbest comment I’ve ever seen on KL. I used to think LinaK is the biggest idiot on KL but you, you take the cake!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

Stop doing drugs...

It’s not the most technical of music (although some of the guitar pieces are quite advanced) but it’s fucking far from generic. That’s the dumbest comment I’ve ever seen on KL. I used to think LinaK is the biggest idiot on KL but you, you take the cake!

Amen dude

• Love 1

Good album. But not AOTY or AOTM material. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

Been giving this multiple listens and I LOVE this album this is imo Peripherys best and heaviest album to date 10/10 BIG AOTY CONTENDER!!

Favs: Reptile, Blood Eagle, CVRCH BVRNER, Garden In The Bones and Follow Your Ghost

• Upvote 2

Also one more thing best vocal performance from Spencer EVER on this one his range was INSANE on this

• Upvote 1

Finallyyyy this shit goes so hard from what i have heard so far.. cant wait to peep the rest

On this fine April fools the lord giveth periphery 4 hail Stan.

hail to the king

In my head canon, this is a sequel to Juggernaut, and Billy is the boy from Juggernaut that got resurrected at the end. Now he has to survive the green skin apocalypse and the rest of the songs somehow connect. lol Rather than the demon being born inside of him, it was born into the world.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:18 PM, b0ssl0af said:

In my head canon, this is a sequel to Juggernaut, and Billy is the boy from Juggernaut that got resurrected at the end. Now he has to survive the green skin apocalypse and the rest of the songs somehow connect. lol Rather than the demon being born inside of him, it was born into the world.

Wasn't he caught in a perpetual cycle of death an resurrection tho?

Heard one song from them years ago but never bothered to check them out more until now, and this album is really good, plan to check out their older stuff now too.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Crowing51 said:

Wasn't hhe caught im a perpetual cycle of death am resurrection tho?

Not in my head canon lol At least not now. I'd like to think the cycle eventually broke and now this is the world he's in.

PERIPHERY, LOVE THAT SHIT!

Anyone else hears Hoobastanks The reason in the beginning of the second chorus of It's Only Smiles? Just me? mmmkay

The last two minutes of Follow Your Ghost is the best part on the album

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ZeddsNotDead said:

Bold claim, considering they probably are an inspiration (or were) to at least 95% of the heavy bands around today. And I highly doubt Periphery isn’t inspired by AILD. Especially older AILD

:pray:

9 hours ago, xdannyc said:

PERIPHERY, LOVE THAT SHIT!

Anyone else hears Hoobastanks The reason in the beginning of the second chorus of It's Only Smiles? Just me? mmmkay

Yes, I did get the Hoobastank vibes !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So I'm finally getting a chance to listen to this and dear shit I had high expectations yet the band STILL manages to knock me on my ass. This might knock PII off the pedestal of being my favorite Periphery record. I won't say it has yet, but it's already damn close.

I'm surprised "Crush" hasn't gotten more love in the comments. I replayed that one a couple times after my initial go-through Start to finish though, this album is soooooo damn solid. It deserves the love it's getting, and so far it deserves the early AOTY claims. If tomorrow was January 1 2020, this gets AOTY in my book.

I've always been more into the softer stuff Periphery drops, and Satellites is the best song in their entire discography to me. Love Garden In The Bones too; I feel like since it's the single people are overlooking it when talking about their favorites.

what the fuck ive been reading this as hail satan for like how ever long this album was announced and only just realised because someone said the album title in a youtube video :@

killer album tho

After some listens, I can say that Reptile, Follow Your Ghost, Crush, Sentient Glow and Satellites are defintively my favorites.

PS:  Crush's ending seems very ballet-ish to me.

• Upvote 1

Wow just wow on my 4th listen and I can honestly say this is one of favorites besides p2