Rorschach

Periphery - Periphery IV: HAIL STAN (2019)

176 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Just now, Thatoneguy335 said:

Must stay strong, must wait for 320.

Just updated it my friend ;)

• Upvote 1

Really hope this album is going to be worth all the hype surrounding it. The only albums from this band I liked have been the Juggernaut ones. 

Lets listen! Not a big fan of long length songs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty great from start to finish. Not really sure where this one fits in their discography tho.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the 320 upload!

Not so into prog metal but I fucking love their song Catch Fire. do they have more songs like that (including this album)?

my first periphery album, let's see what all the hypes about

• Upvote 1

I like this album more then P3 definitely, but it still doesn't touch either Juggernaut for me. The last two minutes of Follow Your Ghost are so fucking tight, I also think the 2 singles they released are my least favorite on the album hahaha. Great album overall tho

• Upvote 1

@Sasuke19 This album is overall darker than the last. The closest thing to Catch Fire on this one would It's only Smiles.

• Upvote 1

It’s not a bad album by any means but holy hell with all this hype and the way people are going on you’d think this is the universe’s gift to music. It ain’t.

A 7/10 for me.

Hold As I Lay Dying’s beer in the meantime. You’ll see what an AOTY really is :P

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

18 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

Queen Kona is ground breaking tho ;) haha

My man, just hang in there it’s coming!

• Love 1

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (in 320)

• Upvote 1

WOw after first listen that was incredible. I like how a few strongs were more striaght foward metal.  Follow your ghost is crushing and feels like a sequel to bad thing LOVE IT

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RpgRiser said:

I was depressed, but just seeing this made my day a whole lot brighter, thanks!

Everything gets better and brighter ! 

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, PhantomFear said:

I like this album more then P3 definitely, but it still doesn't touch either Juggernaut for me. The last two minutes of Follow Your Ghost are so fucking tight, I also think the 2 singles they released are my least favorite on the album hahaha. Great album overall tho

Juggernaut are the only albums by Periphery I can actively sit down and listen to without getting bored. Idk why. Everything else feels kinda samey and this kinda feels the same with the exception minus some parts. Guess this band just ain’t for me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, FallenZA said:

It’s not a bad album by any means but holy hell with all this hype and the way people are going on you’d think this is the universe’s gift to music. It ain’t.

A 7/10 for me.

Hold As I Lay Dying’s beer in the meantime. You’ll see what an AOTY really is :P

You mean we'll see what real trash is 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Vinny554 said:

My man, just hang in there it’s coming!

Awww yea. <3B) 

Sick album, :like: !!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FallenZA said:

A 7/10 for me.

It'll be good, but no album will push P4 from it's AOTY throne for me. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Predator said:

Juggernaut are the only albums by Periphery I can actively sit down and listen to without getting bored. Idk why. Everything else feels kinda samey and this kinda feels the same with the exception minus some parts. Guess this band just ain’t for me. 

same, I should love everything about this based on my tastes, but this kinda feels 'by the numbers'... even the unexpected, unique moments feel predictable. 

I'm not hating on this though I really respect these guys and where they're pushing the limits of the genre... but it's not something I would put on for the jams. 

• Upvote 1

I just finished listening through this album, and holy shit we have a strong AOTY contender right here. I enjoyed it more than PIII (which was fantastic in its own right), and for me this album is pretty much on par with Juggernaut and PII. It's pretty damn diverse, and I had a huge smile on my face the whole way through (and the into for Satellites nearly made me cry).

Also thank you to all of those who left me nice messages about my depressed state here, you're all a bunch of sweethearts <3

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FallenZA said:

A 7/10 for me.

The AOTY already came out

Holy shit this is actually their best album. Juggernaut is right behind it but this is really ticking all the right boxes for me.

• Upvote 1

man this is good fucking shit

• Upvote 1

This album really hits ALL the right spots for me on first listen. My favorite songs on this are the more melodic songs: Reptile, Garden In the Bones, It's Only Smiles, and Satellites. I enjoyed everything though. 

Reptile scalped me within the first minute, and then made me feel like I was having an out of body experience when it hit 9:00. It's definitely up there on the list of my favorite Periphery songs. Can't wait to see them headlining for this album. 

• Upvote 1

all Hail the kings and Stan 

• Upvote 1

@FallenZA As I Lay Dying??? They're the definition of generic. Might as well consider them pop with their copy pasted discography. To each their own I guess. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

God... Reptile is godlike and Satellites is my new favorite closer... these guys are always on point with their closing tracks 🔥👍

• Upvote 2