Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Rorschach

Periphery - Periphery IV: HAIL STAN (2019)

170 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jbellaire said:

I haven't downloaded the album but just checked out the video... I don't remember these guys being that heavy? 

Question: Is this album more of the heavy stuff or more of that middle jazzy section?

2 hours ago, lordofbones said:

The jazzy stuff was just for the Juggernaut albums so I'm assuming this album won't have it. 

That response makes no sense to me. Haha. I'd say it's a good combination of both if "jazzy" is what one would like to call it. :)

Other Releases by

Are you kidding me, this leaks and I see it moments before I have to go to an Oilers game. I'm hoping for quick and sloppy away goals so we can lose faith in the team and come back home before 10 LOL.

I take it that at 128 this is still a pretty good listen?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dpr1990 said:

Are you kidding me, this leaks and I see it moments before I have to go to an Oilers game. I'm hoping for quick and sloppy away goals so we can lose faith in the team and come back home before 10 LOL.

I take it that at 128 this is still a pretty good listen?

Yeah, I'd say it's worth it to listen in this quality but my opinion is very biased. I'm finding myself wishing it were a higher quality now because I'm trying to learn Sentient Glow by ear and I can't get good note clarity to hear the chords. I've already listened to the album a few times though. It's a banger.

Gotta wait for that 320 tho

• Upvote 2

Going to give this several more spins there is ALOT to dig into here but my first impressions is this is astounding and Peak Periphery

• Upvote 3

Been a fan since Bulb and I won't lie, there were some chances taken on this album and honestly I'm happy for them and couldn't be more psyched for my vinyl. P4 is a beast of burden and in itself a great progression for the band. Not in the sense that this doesn't resemble Periphery but it really feels like they nurtured and had all the time they wanted to work on this. I'm in my honeymoon with this album but it's definitely in my opinion on par with the discography and very highly placed on it for me. Thanks, KL. Suck my balls.

Also, Sp0nce can have my children. 

• Upvote 2

Also, this is without a doubt my favorite opening and ending track they've ever produced album-wise. And I'm a big fan of P2's execution and Racecar is my favorite (maybe not anymore?) song.

• Upvote 1

@Predator Why would you downvote the fact that I ejaculate quicker than a Periphery song. I feel judged, not cool bruh.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

@Adec21 you got that Reptile Dysfunction. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Vehkd said:

@Adec21 you got that Reptile Dysfunction. 

Woowww dude! Hahahahahhahahahahahahaha nice.. Very nice!

• Upvote 1

@Adec21 idk if you love me or hate me for that but I thought your comment was great. 

• Upvote 1

Ngl kinda hyped to see the hate this album is gonna get on Sputnik.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Vehkd said:

@Adec21 idk if you love me or hate me for that but I thought your comment was great. 

All love mate! Your play on words is hilarious, I actually laughed for real, which means you now hold a precious place in my internet memory.

@Adec21 aye man. That's why I started talking on this site. Nothing but love and fun. 

And rn a bottle and p4

• Love 1

Last post for now before I kill the thread. 

Satellite is an absolute Top 10 for me. Can't wait to hear that live eventually. 

• Upvote 4

Can't wait for the Stan Loona B-sides

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

album is flawless.

• Upvote 2

This whole album is perfect another solid record by the new gods

Phew Oilers were losing 5-0 so I left. For a 128 this is very good. A lot to digest but I definitely think this is the best they've ever sounded. Reptile is wonderful.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vehkd said:

Ngl kinda hyped to see the hate this album is gonna get on Sputnik.

Fucking hate Sputnik

Hahah what's wrong with Sputnik? Been there a decade and while it was pretty toxic a while ago, it's gotten better in the past 4-5 years.

• Upvote 1

CAN NOT STOP LISTENING! 

• Upvote 1

Holy fudge this is a terrific album

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, lapizza said:

I'm sure 320 is coming soon. Spencer tweeted saying physical copies are for sale today at whatever festival they're playing today.

I can't wait though, I need this now. I am beyond hyyyyyyypeeeeeee!

They played at Swanfest, and holy shit what a show did they put on, really one upped DGD at their fest. Also, I snapped up the album after he announced they had it at the show. I don't think it'll be leaving my car anytime soon. 

• Upvote 1

only smiles is now one of my favorite periphery songs. spencer has improved so fucking much its insane.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Vinny554 said:

I mean, this is great and all guys but relax. This is not ground-breaking material from these guys. 

I believe it would be kind of hard for a band that was ground breaking out the gate to be ground breaking again. It's just 110% Periphery, nd nothing wrong with that. 

CHVRCH BVRNER -> The Periphery Escape Plan

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, AlexrooXell said:

Is it a good 128 or should i wait for the 320, cause i'm god damn tempted.

128 is never good, I can't understand how people can enjoy shit in 128.

gonna wait for 320 but still its gonna be shit hot i know