mR12

I Prevail - TRAUMA (2019)

180 posts in this topic

Autotune can be used as an effect on someones voice for a part of a song, but at least its not used throughout the entire song. 

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

Haven't heard anything by these at all. Saw a lot of hype and gave it a whirl, not for me at all. Don't really like bagging on stuff that others enjoy, so a gentle overview. I can see these as being a gateway band for younger fans. The sound is something you'd easily grow out of as you mature. One thing I will hit them hard on is the lyrics. I love good songwriting and this is pretty poor at best. I can see what they aimed for, but lyrically its like a 12yr olds fb page full of depression memes.

6 / 10

el link de passtheleaks.me  no funciona correctamente @mR12

40 minutes ago, gobaru said:

6 / 10

el link de passtheleaks.me  no funciona correctamente @mR12

Works fine for me. English only please.

2 hours ago, mR12 said:

Works fine for me. English only please.

good night, sorry what happens is that the link passtheleaks.me, again send to the same page and not the file to download it, the other links there is no problem

Dangerkids were cool

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

The opener was good, not so much the rest of the album. They are good at metalcore but then they fall into this trap of copying old trends/linkin park. Alot of songs attempt to mix dubstep, rap, and pop with metalcore. The dubstep works to a degree but the rap and pop truly butcher this album. Rap and metal can mix well but it doesn't here, it honestly just sounds like theyre trying to make a radio hit constantly and it sucks. The album has some alright songs, but bow down is the real standout. The problem is their are far more terrible tracks on this record than good ones.
This album has zero identity, its straight up mixing sounds other bands are good at into one album and its terribly executed. 4/10.

• Upvote 2

Their first album made me cringe.. it just felt very forced and had every metalcore cliche possible. IMO

This one however made me a huge fan. Tyler Smyth clearly co-wrote this but damn they really put together a killer album all the way through.

• Upvote 3

REALLY LATE to the party, but I think this will land in my top 10 this year.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Confused 2

The good: This album has some great songs that I will listen to a lot.

The bad: After starting out promising it quickly turns into them doing their best Hollywood Undead impression. And as if thats not bad enough already: Dubstep choruses. Yes, you read that right. Dubstep choruses. In 2019. (not an april fools joke sadly). 6,5/10 maybe

• Upvote 1

My initial reaction to this album was pretty poor (see a few pages back), but after listening throughout the weekend, specially, the back half, it has really grown on me. It's no Heart vs. Mind or Lifelines in terms of what we're used to from I Prevail but it is still a solid release, with the exception of a few god awful songs.

The highlights:

• "Bow Dow" - Killer way to start the album
  • "Every Time You Leave" - Fantastic tune with good lyrics. Brian sounds great (and I like Delaney Jane too)
  • "Breaking Down" - A good, odd ball song.
  • "Hurricane" - Right up there with "Every Time..." to be considered the best of the album. Could be a big commercial hit.
  • "Let Me Be Sad" - Catchy as hell. I really feel Brian's lyrics.
  • "Low" - Again, another catchy tune, despite some of its cliche-ness.
  • "I Don't Belong Here" - Doesn't really go anywhere, but still a great way to wrap up the album.
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Some catchy sections here and there, the production is really really spot on, Tyler Smyth nailed it. Overall though nothing really had an impact on me, just super bland. Bow Down is heavy as fuck, but also super generic and the chorus sounds really out of place. Most songs are skippable,Breaking Down and I Don't Belong Here are the only songs I'd consider listening to again. Gasoline has potential but also has the worst lyrics from any song I've hear this year. Overall the lyricism and vocal delivery is extremely lacking, I have a feeling this band just doesn't have anything to say. 

I don't really understand all the hate that these guys get. I have to say though I enjoy this much more than the last album. I definitely feel like they should make a choice about what type of band they want to be. The super hard songs are very out of place with the majority of the album. I wish the heavy songs blended more with the other stuff they were doing. It's a jarring switch as if it's 2 different bands. I like every song on here except for the closer. It's just kind of boring, and lacks any emotional power.

• Upvote 2

On 4/1/2019 at 3:34 PM, BrickFace said:

The good: This album has some great songs that I will listen to a lot.

The bad: After starting out promising it quickly turns into them doing their best Hollywood Undead impression. And as if thats not bad enough already: Dubstep choruses. Yes, you read that right. Dubstep choruses. In 2019. (not an april fools joke sadly). 6,5/10 maybe

Their best Hollywood Undead impression? More like LP or Dangerkids

Dubstep choruses? Clean your ears maybe?

• Haha 2

Tbh I thought their EP and covers sucked. Then their album came out and it sounded like everything else but with Skillet's vocalists but I still thought it was alright. I liked the more softer songs. So when this album dropped, I found out it had a lot of softer stuff. Clean singer's vocals have definitely got better, not so raspy anymore and sounds like he can hit highs now. I definitely prefer this album over the last one. But again some songs just suck. Like half of the album sucks. Bow Down, Gasoline and Dead Weight seem to be the only heavy songs but I don't like Gasoline and Bow Down and Dead Weight only have good chorus'. Only songs I genuinely like are Every Time You Leave, Hurricane, Let Me Be Sad & I Don't Belong Here.

• Upvote 2

lol this is so fucking bad.  I thought this genre has progressed past this shit instead it's still front and center headlining tours.

band has always been complete shit though.  Seriously never mention the likes of somebody like Dangerkids to these hacks again.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 2

On 3/30/2019 at 10:31 AM, Dmotionless570 said:

I love how people on this website praise garbage like Attila and the new BMTH but when a album that sounds like actual effort and emotion gets put in it you call it mediocre 

Simple answer is all of these things are terrible.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

Their best Hollywood Undead impression? More like LP or Dangerkids

Dubstep choruses? Clean your ears maybe?

Rise Above It and DOA both have Dubstep choruses? Clean your ears maybe?

1 hour ago, BrickFace said:

Rise Above It and DOA both have Dubstep choruses? Clean your ears maybe?

They really don't, not sure how you're hearing any dubstep

18 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

They really don't, not sure how you're hearing any dubstep

I hear it because its in the music. Sorry you dont have the ability to recognize genres with your ears :) 

16 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

I hear it because its in the music. Sorry you dont have the ability to recognize genres with your ears :) 

Sorry that you mislabel this 

Dubstep elements are there maybe, but it still doesn't sound close enough to dubstep to be labeled as "dubstep choruses". Something can have elements of a genre without being so. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

Sorry that you mislabel this 

Dubstep elements are there maybe, but it still doesn't sound close enough to dubstep to be labeled as "dubstep choruses". Something can have elements of a genre without being so. 

Okay. Rock choruses that have dubstep elements but arent technically dubstep themselves. There you go. 

Is it bad that I actually really enjoy this album?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lord Kingdom said:

Is it bad that I actually really enjoy this album?

No because its a great album imo. 

• Upvote 2

We'll see i I like it but judging from Paranoid, reminds me of Palisades. 

• Upvote 1

Overall I enjoyed this album

Tyler Smyth's influence was ever-so-obvious, but not in a bad way

The production was miles better than Lifelines, where the guitars sound like they are in a MIDI file

Also the Wage War parallels people have been drawing are kinda eerie

songs I enjoyed: Every Time You Leave, Breaking Down, Gasoline, Let Me Be Sad, Low
songs I really enjoyed: Bow Down, Paranoid, Hurricane
songs with good elements that are held back by bad elements: Rise Above It
meh songs: Goodbye, Deadweight, I Don’t Belong Here
bad songs: DOA

best song: Bow Down

Never liked this band.....This release is fucking great though...

Enjoyed half of it straight up, now the more i listen i pretty much like the whole thing now....played it all the way through probably 5 times today alone. 

These guys and WSS have both made me a fan this year.....a big fan

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

i kinda like 'bow down' even tho it's super cringey. i mean for a band known for constant covers they try talking shit about making it.....their original work has never really been any good

I also may go back on this one as well, its soo good. Let Me Be Sad is fucking amazing. The vocals are absolutely the highlight of this album. The cleans, screams, raps its all fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Trauma sounds about right. The first time my ears met the unpleasant fate of listening to this band, I thought the recording glitched because it kept repeating the same garbage, cliche lines over and over while running through every generic metalcore trope possible. It was meant to be inspirational, but it only inspired me to plunge a q-tip into both eardrums so the screech of a deafening rupture would set me free from the vomit-inducing garbage. That was enough for me to never want to hear this band, or any music at all anymore, for fear of reliving the torture.

9/10, I didn't listen to the album but it's probably pretty good. Neat stuff!