mR12

I Prevail - TRAUMA (2019)

180 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

3 listens so far and this is really disappointing to be blunt. The heavier songs are passable but Gasoline sounds like a straight-up Dangerkids reject, especially Brian’s vocals.

lifelines was fun, it wasn’t strong lyrically but it went off, this album as a whole makes me want to curl up in a corner and cry....

I appreciate the need to grow as a band but this is too much too fast.    Shame. 

Thanks a lot ❤️

10/10

C'est la vie

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

Lil Peep's in a shitty post-hardcore band?? 

Gave the album a chance, totally not for me. Bow Down is cool tho

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

5 hours ago, desk said:

You're questioning someone who thinks I hate all music just because I showed disapproval in half of the ten buttrock bands he likes. Nothing to see here.

That was obviously a joke, c'mon... 

Deadweight, Bow down, Gasoline and Breaking Down are my favourites so far. This an awesome album with lots of cool ideas added in on the genres. They did a great job. They hit 2019 with 3 surprise singles and this banger of an album, I’m impressed. I was afraid Lifelines was all they had in them. Going be playing both albums on repeat this week. Thank you@mR12 and even if none of the members are on the site thank you I Prevail. :wub: :jams:

• Love 2

album has dubstep in it.

growth™

Never understood all the hype for these guys. They are generic af no matter what genre they decide to dabble with.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

PSP JEsus.gif

Kingdom Leaks: complains about generic metalcore while praising generic metalcore

• Upvote 5

The only song on this album that'll probably keep listening to is Bow Down. :shrug:

Does anyone else get a slight Linkin Park - Heavy vibe from Every Time I Leave?... I think it's the girl giving me that vibe. 

Sounds catchy/good. But nothing oringinal. Like someone said.... this albums dont have identity. 

Melodically there are some cool things in this album, but my god is it straight up garbage lyrically. Shit an angsty 13 year old kid would write in a journal when his mum took away his Xbox for not doing homework.

I don’t really care if this is labeled “genericore”. I think it’s a pretty darn good album

• Upvote 2

It started strong with Bow Down, but then fell down after that

I'd say the only songs I liked were Bow Down, Breaking Down, Gasoline, and Paranoid is weird but not that bad. I really did love that mix of rock and electronic in Rise Above It but the rest of the song didn't really match it especially with that rap (which I'm not opposed to I just didn't like it here). 

13 hours ago, Hellion6 said:

Deadweight, Bow down, Gasoline and Breaking Down are my favourites so far. This an awesome album with lots of cool ideas added in on the genres. They did a great job. They hit 2019 with 3 surprise singles and this banger of an album, I’m impressed. I was afraid Lifelines was all they had in them. Going be playing both albums on repeat this week. Thank you@mR12 and even if none of the members are on the site thank you I Prevail. :wub: :jams:

Totally agree. Im a new fan that thought lifelines was awful. I LOVED the first 2 singles for this so was hyped. Man was the rest a let down. Its to all over the place and so many songs (like i said before) feel like pieces of older linkin park,i see stars songs that were done better before. After the singles I was sort of expecting something like the new the word alive which i thought was amazing. Now I wait for i see stars and issues to make things better ;)

• Love 1

(I absolutely loved Lifelines, not because it was anything special, but because it did what it did so well-- Made a great straight-up rock album with metalcore/emo/scene influences.)

This album is different for them, and I'm not sure how to feel for a multitude of reasons.

The rap influences on this annoy me a ton, because if they were gonna do this they should've drawn from modern trap & R&B to at least make it relevant, but instead they already dated it by going with the 2003 nu-metal sound. That being said here's my track breakdown--

1. Bow Down - Super generic, not a fan of how noisey the mix is, just kinda too panicky, & the random meter shifts and electronic dubs & cuts are super jarring. But the chorus is strong so it evens out, even if it's just the lead singer of a mediocre metal band trying to flex baselessly. (2.5/5)

2. Paranoid - It's a bit empty-sounding imo, & the lyrics feel like a barrage of clichès. But I guess it's fine. (2/5)

3. Everytime You Leave - I don't get the hate this song seems to be getting. The poppy elements are great & the melodies are tight-- the mixing is still kinda awkward, but I love the sonwriting here. The feature elevates the song so much too. (4/5)

4. Rise Above It - Wow, the rap elements are really present here. Not a fan of the feature, but it's better Eric trying to rap, and Brian is amazing as always. The electronic breakdowns start to grow tedious & souless at this part of the record. (2.5/5)

5. Breaking Down - This basically "Paranoid" but better. The chorus grew on me & the screams lose the icepicky frequencies on some of the other songs which makes it all sound better. Also the electronic elements are played up to their full potential here fortunately. (3/5)

6. DOA - Good chorus, the rapping isn't insufferable here, and I love the slow burn of the instrumentals here. (3/5)

7. Gasoline - The generic metalcore track on the record, and I'm not hating it but also not loving it. The chorus is punk as fuck tho. (3/5)

8. Hurricane - I love the poppy elements being brought back here. The lyrics start to get better here too. And once again, the chorus is MASSIVE. I wish more of the album sounded like this. (4/5)

9. Let Me Be Sad - Super emotional, super relatable, once again-- I wish more of the album sounded like this. I get why people may not love the stark mix, I don't love it, but the songwriting more than makes up for it. (3.5/5)

10. Low - Bouncy, rock-focused, fast paced. Definitely a highlight of the album. It has a sense of urgency without sounding cluttered. And they actually blend the rock, pop, electronic & rap elements in a pleasing manner here instead of just focusing on two for an entire song. (4/5)

11. Goodbye - Just a piano, pad synth, & electronic drums. Still okay though. (3/5)

12. Deadweight - Here comes the riffage! The insteumentals are so damn tight, and I love how fast-paced it is, and once again, highlights what a consistant hook-writer Brian is. (4.5/5)

13. I Don't Belong Here - The acoustic closer you all knew to expect. But the production elements salvage it. But yeah, from the first chord you'll know whether you like it or not. (3.5/5)

Ultimately the album is a step-down compared to Lifelines, which is a dissapointment because I was thinking given Brian's chaotic past few years he'd be able to take the lead on a truly emotional new album. But instead it just sounds like a struggle & haphazard blend of ideas. Every song is so drained of emotion & energy and there is so much emptiness in the mix, it's all so bleak and depressing. Maybe it all makes more sense in the context of lyrics, but this doesn't feel like a very lyrical album. As I listened to it I could barely pickup on the words or any coherent themes to the songs besides "I'm sad, pity me to death" & "I'm the best, fuck you" aka. every teenage girl's Twitter feed. I'd give the album a 6/10, but I'm hoping it grows on me.

• Upvote 1

5/10. Fav song from the album is Hurricane, actually really like this one.

I didn’t really like Heart Vs. Mind and Lifelines that much. I was kind of ok with Lifelines until i learned that one of the songs was rehashed off of HvsM.. then it pissed me off a bit. But, listened to this three times so far. I’ll say it’s definitely a lot better than the first two, some sounds good, some songs are about as interesting as dirt. I particularly like, Bow Down, Every Time You Leave, Rise Above it, DOA (a lot for some reason), Hurricane, and Deadweight. Something about these songs are really good in my opinion, even if my opinion sucks. I’m glad that there’s no rehashes from the previous ep and album, so that’s a plus. I’d give it, mayyybee an 8? But more than likely a 7.5/10. Not a bad album. Definitely improved in sound and quality. Some songs are simply meh. I don’t care for Low, Gasoline, Let me Be Sad, or I don’t Belong Here. And Goodbye is just.. there. That’s my view on this album so far.

tumblr_pbzkoxqlpZ1r0u1meo1_500.gif.9bd42de76cdda4cc74d82a600d75a8ab.gif

Finally got around to listening to this... and wow what a let down. I actually liked Lifelines but this album is a straight snoozefest. Thought it had some catchy parts but is not heavy at all and way too electronic/pop. Sounds like an album from Hollywood Undead or something. 

2/10

I love how people on this website praise garbage like Attila and the new BMTH but when a album that sounds like actual effort and emotion gets put in it you call it mediocre 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Dmotionless570 said:

I love how people on this website praise garbage like Attila and the new BMTH but when a album that sounds like actual effort and emotion gets put in it you call it mediocre 

Naw we dont like them albums either.

2 hours ago, jbellaire said:

Naw we dont like them albums either.

Buddy half this website was shitting themselves over those albums

2 hours ago, Dmotionless570 said:

But what if you love all 3?

giphy (2).gif

3 hours ago, Dmotionless570 said:

I prefer 7/10 music over 5/10 music, but you do you.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

5 minutes ago, desk said:

I prefer 7/10 music over 5/10 music, but you do you.

Attila is maybe a 1 at most and BMTH is maybe a 3

9 minutes ago, Prototype539 said:

But what if you love all 3?

Then your not the people I’m talking to you but I still don’t understand the appeal of the other two