mR12

I Prevail - TRAUMA (2019)

180 posts in this topic

Its not bad but its just such a weird mixture of genres all throughout it. Id give it a 3/5

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Other Releases by

I Prevail - Trauma Review:
Bow Down - 4.5/5
Paranoid - 5/5
Every Time You Leave - 4.5/5
Rise Above It - 4.5/5
Breaking Down - 3.5/5
DOA - 3.5/5
Gasoline - 4.5/5
Hurricane - 4/5
Let Me Be Sad - 4.5/5
Low - 3.5/5
Goodbye (interlude) - 4/5
Deadweight - 3.5/5
I Don't Belong Here - 4.5/5

So. I was overhyped about this release. Was it what I was hoping for. In a sense yes and no. I love pretty much all of the songs but the main ones I really liked were the ones that were already released. Would I say it would be my AOTY or AOTM? Hard pass. I do recommend u guys check it out tho. 

• Upvote 1

I'm in track 7, and dude, how I'm loving this record! lol

Espectador-euf%C3%B3rico.gif

• Upvote 1

Ok so im a new fan that LOVED breaking down. IM half way thru the album and im pretty underwhelmed. The first half of songs a lot of them feel very underdeveloped and like songs from other bands that were done better. Songs like gasoline and rise above remind me of i see stars ALOT but ISS does it way better. They just feel like they took pieces of other songs for example....every time you leave is basically a rock version of heavy from linkin park. I hope the rest of the record is better. At the same time This is first listen and its not possible to formulate a fair opinion on that. New songs take time to sink in so we will see.

As someone who really liked their first album (unpopular opinion on here apparently, I'd say 8/10 for that one) this one is a major step back, it's not great, maybe a 6/10 overall. And what's with all these bands trying to add in rap now? Just... No, leave it out, please. 

• Confused 1

You wanna know what ? I'm def in for the eletronic/rap vibe since I will be always a little bitch for these kind of elements, but that doesnt make it different or better, it's just me being bias.
Even though it's better than their last stuff (lol almost every sound made by humanity), still overhyped.

• Upvote 2

After the second audition, I can say that this is easily the best album of the month!!! I fucking loved the whole album, my favs are: Let Me Be Sad, Bow Down, Every Time You Leave, I Don't Belong Here, Gasoline, Breaking Down and Rise Above It.

I really enjoyed the album. Glad to see them try something new. This band will always get hate because of how they became popular ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm actually scared to listen after reading the comments

As long as there's more than just the one metalcore song, I think I'll really like this (Bow Down is awesome, they really nail the metalcore sound imo, hoping for more of that)

It's alright, sounds a bit too much like Hollywood Undead though.

19 minutes ago, Rian-AL said:

After the second audition, I can say that this is easily the best album of the month!!! I fucking loved the whole album, my favs are: Let Me Be Sad, Bow Down, Every Time You Leave, I Don't Belong Here, Gasoline, Breaking Down and Rise Above It.

There must've been a lot of albums this month you didn't listen to claiming this to be the best of the month (you must've meant favorite obviously).  There was so much music objectively better than this album that was released this month (even the album art for this was 'ripped off' some stock images made by a certain artist).  I am not knocking you for saying it is your favorite, you do you, but confusing 'best' and 'favorite' really discredits a lot of the truly special music released this month.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Anton Chigurh said:

There must've been a lot of albums this month you didn't listen to claiming this to be the best of the month (you must've meant favorite obviously).  There was so much music objectively better than this album that was released this month (even the album art for this was 'ripped off' some stock images made by a certain artist).  I am not knocking you for saying it is your favorite, you do you, but confusing 'best' and 'favorite' really discredits a lot of the truly special music released this month.

Yeah man, for ME it's the best record of the month. xD

2 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

You're questioning someone who thinks I hate all music just because I showed disapproval in half of the ten buttrock bands he likes. Nothing to see here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Just now, Rian-AL said:

Yeah man, for ME it's the best record of the month. xD

favorite* FTFY

Finally Some Soyboy music, the balance is restore since Whitechapel released one of the heaviest album of 2k19. 10/10 will blast this band again.

• Haha 1

Temporarily put aside my hate for the band and tried to give the album a fair shot.  Only songs I can say for sure I "liked" is Bow Down and Hurricane.  The album is all over the fucking place, throwing around different styles and caution to the wind.  Almost makes Lifelines seem like a masterpiece.  Anyways, gotta go purge with Holy Hell.  4/10 ( higher that I thought I would give it), would throw at FFDP fans.

• Upvote 1

The best songs on this album in my opinion are Deadweight, and the singles Breaking Down and Bow Down. The rest isn't too too salvagable aside from maybe Hurricane. I was sort of hoping they'd subvert my expectations based on the singles but that is not the case.

55 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Music isn't objective, its subjective. So to say there is music better than I Prevail objectively is just silly because its all subjective. Dude loves the album, don't see why you have to even bother. 

• Upvote 2

Dope album! 5 Stars!

And thanks @mR12

10 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

Music isn't objective, its subjective. So to say there is music better than I Prevail objectively is just silly because its all subjective. Dude loves the album, don't see why you have to even bother. 

It is truly a combination of both.  I can record an album that is nothing but my slapping my ass cheeks and objectively, it will an absolute trash album like you would expect it to be.  But I am sure that some people will find that ass clapping album great in their own subjective way, although at its true core, its nothing more than me just slapping my ass.  There are plenty of things that can be objectively bad and people still subjectively enjoy them, look at the popular music industry.  If they like it, then they like it, no harm done. I don't mind that he/she loves this album, but to claim stuff like that "the best" instead of "favorite" completely invalidates much of the other music out there that is much more creative, innovative, artistic, and so on.

At the end of the day, it's just music so enjoy what you want.  But it is not incorrect to state that there is music/artists that is objectively better than other music/artists.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Ad0492 said:

I love this album... Wasn’t expecting this after lifelines... but damn the comments suggest people aren’t on board with this. But that’s the thing, amo for me was bad but on the other hand people loved it. Opinions I guess. Thanks KL YOU THE BOSS

The amo comment thread is the definition of a mixed bag on KL

1 minute ago, Anton Chigurh said:

It is truly a combination of both.  I can record an album that is nothing but my slapping my ass cheeks and objectively, it will an absolute trash album like you would expect it to be.  But I am sure that some people will find that ass clapping album great in their own subjective way, although at its true core, its nothing more than me just slapping my ass.  There are plenty of things that can be objectively bad and people still subjectively enjoy them, look at the popular music industry.  If they like it, then they like it, no harm done. I don't mind that he/she loves this album, but to claim stuff like that "the best" instead of "favorite" completely invalidates much of the other music out there that is much more creative, innovative, artistic, and so on.

At the end of the day, it's just music so enjoy what you want.  But it is not incorrect to state that there is music/artists that is objectively better than other music/artists.

But subjectively to him it is the best release for this month. Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean he is "wrong." 

This would've made for a really solid EP if the tracklist were as follows:

1) Bow Down
2) Hurricane
3) Breaking Down
4) Gasoline
5) Let Me Be Sad

The rest need-not exist tbh :/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

But subjectively to him it is the best release for this month. Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean he is "wrong." 

You're right there in a way.  But there is a difference between the words "best" and "favorite" which is what I am trying to get across.  Using the first implies that that record is better than everything else both objectively and subjectively, whereas using the latter shows that it was purely subjective and that he/she truly recognizes it being their subjective favorite instead of it being better than everything else in more ways than one.  I am not trying to take away from them enjoying this album more than all the others this month, again, there is a difference between claiming stuff to be the best and/or favorite.  That is just my two cents, not that it matters or anything so ignore my comments if you feel the need to do so.

Lets hope this is as good as the singles

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

1 hour ago, Venomborn said:

As long as there's more than just the one metalcore song, I think I'll really like this (Bow Down is awesome, they really nail the metalcore sound imo, hoping for more of that)

You will be let down. Its a shame cause the heavier moments are by far the best parts of the record.

Just now, prsjunkie said:

You will be let down. Its a shame cause the heavier moments are by far the best parts of the record.

Haha yeah :/ check my other comment. It definitely would've been better if they just stuck to heavy. i'm all for a band that wants to mix a bunch of genres, but this ain't it chief. "Bow Down" is insanely good though.