mR12

I Prevail - TRAUMA (2019)

180 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ossy33xxx said:

@sapples you beat me to it. lol "All Over The Place" is about right. sounds like they tried to branch out different different melodies to create a radio friendly hit. "Deadweight" has a chorus that sounds eerily similar to Asking Alexandria

Don't forget about Bow Down, Hurricane and Low similar sounding breakdowns
Gasoline verses sounding like discount Bleed It Out from Linkin Park
Goodbye, absolutely passable interlude

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Other Releases by

I will never consciously listen to any of these songs again 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I Prevail - Trauma, Rated E for Everyone. Cant say i hate it though, but the album has no identity

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AMNESIK said:

I Prevail - Trauma, Rated E for Everyone

I Prevail - Trauma, Rated N for Nobody (just skip most of it, not worth your time)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Low and deadweight, they Wage War fan boys? Haha

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sekay1994 said:

Low and deadweight, they Wage War fan boys? Haha

The thing is tho is that nobody knows Low like Wage War does

• Haha 2

I’ll give the album a chance, highly doubt I’ll like it tho

Okay I can see why you guys hate the genericore and pop punk/trap metal shit but hey didn't think it was that bad

• Upvote 2

It was ok and the opener was solid.  I just don't like the dubstep esque aspects added.  Seemed a little forced.  Maybe it will grow on me but the middle of this album just seemed to lack

• Upvote 3

I'm not gonna rate this album cause i don't think my knowledge in post hardcore/metal core is enough. Just giving my opinion, i really enjoyed it, and Hurricane is to me by far the best song on this album and i'll probably play it on repeat for a moment!

• Upvote 2

DOA is super solid i like it a lot but havent heard whole album yet

pretty fuckin blah m8's

• Upvote 1

I personally expected it to be hella bad / generic / poppy but I end up liking/hating some songs so in the end that's fine to me

I'll just avoid Every time you leave & Rise above it that I just can't stand, otherwise that's okay

Lifelines blows this out of the water. Was super pumped for this album but am extremely disappointed.

After all of their promo quotes being about "making the album we wanted to make, not someone else", I think they should go back to whoever ~made~ them make Lifelines.

Also, Brian should go solo.

Listened to it 4 times now. Definitively growed on me. Some really nice, cathy tracks (Gasoline, Low and the first 3 singles). Every time I leave is the only song that's meh for me. But it is not really a -core album. Reminds me much on Linkin Park at times (Old + new stuff) and Dangerkids (Collapse; not really a surprise). 8/10 for me now.

• Upvote 2

I actually really enjoy some of the electronic vibes with screaming, not so much rapping. This album is just overhated and unappreciated but whatever. (Dont take me personally)

9/10

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I just finished hurricane. So far it's my favorite track. So far a very interesting listen! Thanks for the leak guys!

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Gandalfstorm said:

I actually really enjoy some of the electronic vibes with screaming, not so much rapping. This album is just overhated and unappreciated but whatever. (Dont take me personally)

9/10

Totally agree I have officially fallen in love with this album on my 4th listen

• Upvote 3

This album is basically "amo" with no substance, generic metalcore riffs and bad songwriting (for the most part).

Bow Down is still a strong track and the closer track has some power on it but apart from that....eh

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

“YEAH HERE WE GO FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME

HAND GRENADE PINS IN EVERY LINE”... oh wait wrong band, that band is actually inspired and original.

This is *mildly* better than their first album, but I seriously don’t get why bands like this keep blowing up. If it weren’t for some of the production elements, this exact album could’ve been released unchanged in 2004 and wouldn’t feel out of place at all. They expanded the range of styles they knocked off from generic metalcore/post-hardcore to generic rap rock/radio rock with cheap electronics, but still can’t offer up any original ideas.

The closing track would make a decent Three Days Grace B-side, and the opener is solid enough metalcore, but I can’t see myself ever listening to the rest of this again. Completely, instantly forgettable.

• Upvote 3

Definitively diggin' this. Rise Above It, Gasoline, Low and Deadweight are my favs on this one for sure.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Prototype539 said:

Just finished the album I'd have to say off of first impressions, it has alot of variety for sure and I overall like the record it's a step up from Lifelines and they avoided the Sophomore Slump. I also like how Eric is in this project alot more than he was in Lifelines there is a healthy mixture of both vocalists on this one and they both did great here, I'll probably grow to love this as I already really like it. My first rating for this would be an 8.5/10 fav tracks are Bow Down, Paranoid, Rise Above It, Breaking Down, Gasoline, Hurricane, Let Me Be Sad, Low and Deadweight after multiple listens that may or may not change

You just named 9 songs out of 12 + an interlude as your favourite

• Upvote 1

Guest SparkleTuts

false advertising by them, kinda disappointing 

AMAZING ALBUM !!! <3 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, stevej7 said:

You just named 9 songs out of 12 + an interlude as your favourite

I feel like the Interlude is like a really short song and I dig it and now I change my rating from 8.5 to 9/10 after multiple listens

I love this album... Wasn’t expecting this after lifelines... but damn the comments suggest people aren’t on board with this. But that’s the thing, amo for me was bad but on the other hand people loved it. Opinions I guess. Thanks KL YOU THE BOSS

• Upvote 1