After some back and forth with Google, we've successfully resolved the "Deceptive site ahead" warning on browsers! Thanks to everyone who helped us appeal this!
mR12

Devin Townsend - Empath (Deluxe Edition) (2019)

28 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

:banana:

• Upvote 1

320 added!

No fucking way, I came on here just for giggles but I did not expect to see Empath already. This last hour at work is going to be tough!

ALLLLL the hype! So good!

Devy is a god.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

@mR12 don't take this the wrong way, but I want to kiss you on the lips.  Thank you bb

This is definitely a yes for me

Guest Yohm

I am 38 and i'm like a child on christmas eve. It's ridiculous 

ALL HAIL THE DEVIN!

He's my all-time favorite musician. Still believe 100% he's one of the most important musicians in my lifetime. Not even going to act like I'm not already going to enjoy this in it's entirety, because I always do. Not a single one of his albums across his entire catalog of work has ever been a disappointment.

100/10 don't even care that I am biased.

EDIT: I was not mistaken. Also, the bonus track Gulag is fucking awesome!

• Upvote 1

Devin is literally the GOAT. This is seriously epic. One moment youre getting fucked in the face with blast beats, the next youre on a cruise ship hearing seagulls and pokie machines. Only Devin can blend the two so seamlessly!! 

Also jeeeez the drumming on this is insane.

• Upvote 1

Horie shet, is that a legit 23 minute song...

6 minutes ago, Draxcazel said:

Horie shet, is that a legit 23 minute song...

It's split up into 6 shorter songs once you download it, but they all flow seamlessly as if it was one thiccc song

• Upvote 1

Me: Nothing suprises me anymore
Devin: hold my beer!

• Upvote 1

I cant talk about this album anymore. Im right now at the end of Hear me.................Life is finished now

I REPEAT!

THE BONUS TRACK GULAG IS POSSIBLY ONE OF THE BEST DEVY SONGS! 

• Upvote 1

@voltron.1337 Gulag is definitely my favorite song on cd 2.   On the main album, I think my favorite song is Why?...  The whole arrangement on that song is beyond beautiful (as is the entirety of this album) but vocally, this is the best Devy song on the record imo. 

Most of this album belongs in a Disney movie, it's ridiculous how well it all works.  But we could never expect less from our lord and saviour himself.

This album is epic and awesome and cool as fuck. 

6 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

@voltron.1337 Gulag is definitely my favorite song on cd 2.   On the main album, I think my favorite song is Why?...  The whole arrangement on that song is beyond beautiful (as is the entirety of this album) but vocally, this is the best Devy song on the record imo. 

Most of this album belongs in a Disney movie, it's ridiculous how well it all works.  But we could never expect less from our lord and saviour himself.

I honestly can't quite pick a favorite track yet. Gulag just caught me off guard with how much it reminded me of the earlier Devy days. "Empath" is yet another Devy album I can easily just listen to from start to finish with no urge to skip a track. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2019 at 5:18 AM, voltron.1337 said:

He's my all-time favorite musician. Still believe 100% he's one of the most important musicians in my lifetime. Not even going to act like I'm not already going to enjoy this in it's entirety, because I always do. Not a single one of his albums across his entire catalog of work has ever been a disappointment.

100/10 don't even care that I am biased.

EDIT: I was not mistaken. Also, the bonus track Gulag is fucking awesome!

Devin is one of my heroes as well but there's been a couple of missteps in his discography for me personally. I have listened to Casualties of Cool several times but I just can't get into it at all, (which is weird because I love Ghost). I find a lot of the songs on Deconstruction just kind of meander and drag as well. But most of the rest is gold.

9 hours ago, Bleak5170 said:

Devin is one of my heroes as well but there's been a couple of missteps in his discography for me personally. I have listened to Casualties of Cool several times but I just can't get into it at all, (which is weird because I love Ghost). I find a lot of the songs on Deconstruction just kind of meander and drag as well. But most of the rest is gold.

I can see why. For me, I'm always of the mindset to just enjoy the entire record as one giant song in a way. Regardless of if it's a concept or not, I just enjoy the insanity or lack thereof every time a Devy album starts. 

what a gay album cover! but still an expected record.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Vloof said:

what a gay album cover! but still an expected record.

If you listen to music solely through digital, then yeah, album art is "boring".  But this album is meant to be experienced as a physical album, you open up the LP and you're blown away by the artwork (and the music) inside.

Also, do you really need to use the word gay in such a condescending way?  Are you still in middle school or something?

• Upvote 1

My first Devin Townsend album, and by the articles I've read, you can tell hella money was put into this record.

I also don't know how to think about this album. It's very weird.