mR12

Dance Gavin Dance - Head Hunter (Single) (2019)

73 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

first listen was a disappointment, but it grew on me pretty fast. i agree that they need to shake it up though

• Upvote 1

Most people say they keep offering the same sound and that it’s getting old, but to me they’re pioneers in this particular sound. Personally I feel like everything they do sound different while sounding similar. Bands like Architects and August Burns Red while releasing quality metalcore, can’t seem to do what DGD has been doing for years, which is stick to their signature sound while keeping it as interesting and as exciting each release. That’s my own personal point of view tho.

• Upvote 5

Let the cumming on this site begins.

• Downvote 1

they are the same, but at the same time very different

good sound, i like it

• Upvote 1

Amazing song, probly just a stand alone single for tour. New album should be out on Sept.-Nov. 

I just love how hardworking are these guys. 

It's like they don't even try anymore. Tilian's vocals got super boring. It really hurts for me to say this because since DBM2 they were one of my biggest favourites but the latest record was a huge letdown. Especially compared to Mothership which is the best Tilian-era album.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

THE GROOVES ARE BACK
THE FUNK VIBE IS REAL
THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS BAND

• Upvote 2

still not my thing, still trying tho with every release

God this is so fucking good, just like everything else they've done. I'm happy this wasn't the first track I didn't like by them.

• Upvote 1

I don't even want to listen to this, I'm getting bored of tillian fronted dgd I think.  AS, tree city,  mothership and ArtSe are all great albums.. but I think I'm checking out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Bless this mess. 

• Upvote 1

they lost me at artificial selection / not that that wasn’t good or anything but i have been drifting apart from them, they used to be one of my favourite bands. However, this is pretty nice

• Upvote 1

#BlessThisMess

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Time for a new vocalist. That always spices up their sound every time imo. 

• Love 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

Really hoping that this means a new album is coming soon, I know it hasn't even been a year since their last but if Head Hunter is an indication of what the potential album would sound like I'm all in.

• Upvote 1

I think I’m in the camp for a new vocalist. Tillian is good, but I think I’m done with this sound from DGD.

I’ll definitely check out the album if a new one is coming along with this though, maybe this song just didn’t click with me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

at first listen this kinda went by with little reaction. 5 listens later, this is the strongest song I've gotten from KL since foals or la dispute dropped. within the spectrum of recent DGD albums, this is good but not great. everyone here is spot on with the Instant Gratification vibe because the mix reflects that. I wish the instrumentals were more prominent, but the vocals have been more centric to their sound of recent albums. Song is definitely a grower. Formulaic to the Tilian DGD sound, and while it nails, it could've nailed harder

• Upvote 1

Could be a new album due to album artwork

OH FUCK this is typical DGD but that is perfect, great mastering too.\

this would be a top 5 song from all of their past 3 albums if it were on one.

• Upvote 1

I always check out the releases that get the most comments to see what the hype is about, but as was the case with this, I usually think it's garbage.

So many people commenting on how they're tired of DGD's formula, some even calling for a new singer. Guys! These fellas sparked a whole sub genre because of their sound.  They keep getting better.  Top talents of post hardcore genre. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, cursethenight said:

So many people commenting on how they're tired of DGD's formula, some even calling for a new singer. Guys! These fellas sparked a whole sub genre because of their sound.  They keep getting better.  Top talents of post hardcore genre. 

I can understand getting tired of the sound, since they *do* get a bit formulaic at times, but wanting a new singer for the sake of "changing things up" is just weird, and kind of disrespectful.  I guess some diehard fans might find it charming with how many times they've changed their lineup, but it's not like it was ever done for a good reason.  They already said that they'd likely just break up if Tilian ever left, and he doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon.  I'm sure it sucks for him to see people say that they don't want him anymore even though he's still an amazing singer, and infinitely more stable of a person than any of their past singers have been.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, woodwardba said:

Mingus makes as good a blacksmith as Howard Jones does

This is an absolute banger. I've listened to it 5 times in a row already. Amazing song by DGD.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cursethenight said:

An that genre was created through the help of different vocalist, jonny, kurt an tilian all helped bring that sound out an it's not a dig at tilian(though he was peaked with tides of man imo) i just know if they got a new vocalist they would change the sound again..they never failed to deliver once with a new vocalist either. 

• Upvote 1