Lord mR12

Dance Gavin Dance - Head Hunter (Single) (2019)

69 posts in this topic

OcmaAig.jpg

Leaked
Release - March 22, 2019

Genre - Post-Hardcore

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

01. Head Hunter (2:53)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

these guys just keep pumping out music. i like this 

• Upvote 3

Mess sounds good as fuck. Artwork is bangin too.

• Upvote 3

Well that was a pleasant surprise.  Wonder if this is just a one-off single like Summertime Gladness, or if they're actually gonna release a new album this year.  You just never know with DGD lol

• Upvote 4

this is really fucking good

• Upvote 2

Oh shit, wasn't expecting something new this soon! :O

• Upvote 1

this is SO good

• Upvote 2

same old shit

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Sounds good, I like it.

• Upvote 1

I mean...if it ain't broken, why bother fixing it?
But, I think they probably should spice it up a little bit, because it's still the same DGD

And it gets boring slowly

Not bad, just not very fresh

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Physyadelic said:

I mean...if it ain't broken, why bother fixing it?
But, I think they probably should spice it up a little bit, because it's still the same DGD

And it gets boring slowly

Not bad, just not very fresh

I personally won't complain having 10+ albums of DGD being the same.

It's just about tastes I guess. I wish some other bands would have changed but they didn't, other not to change but they did... you know.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, duck said:

I personally won't complain having 10+ albums of DGD being the same.

It's just about tastes I guess. I wish some other bands would have changed but they didn't, other not to change but they did... you know.

Yeah, I agree with you, it is for sure about the tastes, but it's like this with every other genre, every other band...I just think that DGD purposely locked up in that one direction and they are not willing to leave the cage, but I'm sure they should
Not that their music is bad, absolutely not, they are original in some sort and I like the way they build up the structures and instruments with other stuff mixed in
But just as Joseph says, it really is still the SAME DGD, which means, I've heard similar one before

• Upvote 2

I really like this DGD, last album was definitely the one that got me on the bandwagon. More melodic, and more clean vocals than the previous albums.

• Upvote 2

the gap between Instant Gratification and Mothership is 1 year. the gap between Mothership and ArSe is 2 years. I sure hope the gap between ArSe and LP9 is just a year.

also I think there are few better ways to start a day than to see a new DGD feed in my feed

• Upvote 1

Well shit, this is the best dgd track in a while.

• Upvote 1

DGD's music is like the gandma's food of post-hardcore: Always good but then again, always the same recipe.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Physyadelic said:

I just think that DGD purposely locked up in that one direction and they are not willing to leave the cage, but I'm sure they should

Why would you think they should? Is the fan base asking for changes? Are their sells going down?

I really don't know much about this band, got really into them some months ago, that's why I'm asking

31 minutes ago, Drown said:

DGD's music is like the gandma's food of post-hardcore: Always good but then again, always the same recipe.

Very true. Kurt era was when they made more unique sounding music. 

• Upvote 1

Biiiiig fan of this tbh. Instrumentals remind me of Happiness + IG, while vocals give me Acceptance Speech vibes. Just a well crafted DGD song imo, short and sweet.

• Upvote 5

This sounds like a B-Side that never made Instant Gratification. I fucking love it!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bunkyyunky said:

Well that was a pleasant surprise.  Wonder if this is just a one-off single like Summertime Gladness, or if they're actually gonna release a new album this year.  You just never know with DGD lol

Thing is, I do know, lol. Andrew said a while back at a show that they were gonna record the new DGD album soon, so this seems to be the first single from it.

• Love 1

Wow

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bunkyyunky said:

The artwork has the same style as the albums, whereas Summertime Gladness and Pussy Vultures don't

• Upvote 1

Great song, great artwork really hoping this is a new album.  DGD never disappoints it looks like they are taking all kinds of elements from previous albums and combining them and I think it's working pretty well for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Love it, it's a great track and the way Mess opens it is incredible.

We'll find out soon if it's an album or what!
Remember on DBMII the Perfect/People You Knew 7" is Mattias artwork, and that guy is always making drawings!

A good theory is it's a 2 single 7" and the second song is the other half of the artwork. That's all that's off about this one, the image is cut off usually it's all framed nicely for a cover.
When they posted stuff from the studio not long ago they weren't there for two long, it seems like a realistic time to pump out 2-4 tracks.

But you never know with DGD, we'll see!!

• Upvote 1

Big fan of the groove in this. I don't wanna be just another 'Instant Gratification' echo but it has that specific feel. Regardless, I am digging this. Trumps most of the last album in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2