LKA

Fallujah - Undying Light (2019)

43 posts in this topic

I'm actually digging this a lot more than I originally thought I would. I think that the biggest thing that they have going against them now is their name. After losing Alex and Brian and gaining the new vocalist, they really should have started over as a new project. People were still expecting Fallujah, when this album is most definitely NOT Fallujah, but if you listen to it through fresh ears and imagine if it didn't have the Fallujah name stuck to it than it's actually a pretty solid listen. 

Not as good as previous albums but its still pretty good tbh

It sounds nice i guess. I think it need a few more listens to get used to it. The full album sounds really nice actually. Yes, it's not that technical as the other albums but it's not bad either. They tried experimenting with new things, this is good. Bands should do this more often. Hope they will top this on with the next release

I find this album really monotonous, I was bored to death.
Without interest. 1/5

19 hours ago, peripheryb said:

haha  I missed the LL my bad :/

Because of your mistake i download aegaeon age album and i enjoy a lot.thanks.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bachashnoo said:

They lost their second guitarist, I don't think it's so much that he's playing less technically, the dynamic of having both guitarists is just missing.

I don't think that's it. Scott writes all their material for the most part. The other guy left based on the change in musical direction.

Am I correct in understanding they didn't replace Brian? That Fallujah sound kind of needs two dedicated guitarists working their magic. It's painfully obvious here that, to fill space, they have Scott shredding simple riffs as hard as he can to fill the space.

Wikipedia's graph shows a "Danny Tunker" as rhythm guitarist but I've never heard of that dude before. This sounds like a 3-guitar band including bass and it's painful.

Damn. I was super hesitant but decided after I read all the early reviews that I was too harsh, and they'd show their genius with the rest of the songs.

My most anticipated records of 2018 and this year have all bombed. Skyhrbor's "Sunshine Dust" was a nu-metal bore, Tesseract's "Sonder" feels like an EP of b-side experimentation, and Fallujah just tossed aside everything that made them Fallujah.

• Confused 1

On 3/15/2019 at 5:36 AM, Memol said:

Because of your mistake i download aegaeon age album and i enjoy a lot.thanks.

HAHA  both Aegaeon and Allegaeon are grreat bands, glad I helped somehow haha

• Love 1

That singer is good at his style but he just doesn't match with the band, like not at all. The music gets boring after a while. I just couldn't tell which song is playing. They lost their complexity.

I know The Harvest Wombs and Nomadic is what captivated me to enjoy Fallujah but honestly this is like The Devil Wears Prada meets Atmospheric Death Metal - NOT A BAD THING! 

It is refreshing tbh. Brave move which I can respect. Will give it a few more spins. 

On 3/14/2019 at 6:29 PM, dpr1990 said:

Am I correct in understanding they didn't replace Brian? That Fallujah sound kind of needs two dedicated guitarists working their magic. It's painfully obvious here that, to fill space, they have Scott shredding simple riffs as hard as he can to fill the space.

Wikipedia's graph shows a "Danny Tunker" as rhythm guitarist but I've never heard of that dude before. This sounds like a 3-guitar band including bass and it's painful.

Damn. I was super hesitant but decided after I read all the early reviews that I was too harsh, and they'd show their genius with the rest of the songs.

My most anticipated records of 2018 and this year have all bombed. Skyhrbor's "Sunshine Dust" was a nu-metal bore, Tesseract's "Sonder" feels like an EP of b-side experimentation, and Fallujah just tossed aside everything that made them Fallujah.

How was sunshine dust a nu metal bore? It had ONE nu metal song on it lol. Sunshine Dust alone is a top skyharbor track. An sonder had mad One feels. Smile an beneath my skin sounded like they came right off concealing fate. Did we listen to the same albums? Lol.

But yea, Fallujah definitely lost their appeal. Not as tech, vocals don't fit an even the drumming took a backseat an the production ruins the guitars. Like listening to th3 new hundredth album. Waay to samey. 

Welp, this was pretty disappointing. Not a single song one could say "holy shit pour tomato sauce on me and call me Ronald, this is awesome". I'm sad to hear what Fallujah has become.

• Upvote 3