Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 9
  • Love 6

OK , GRACIAS

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

THANK YOU GOD

• Upvote 1

Pretty anxious to hear this. I want to give the new guy a fair chance. 

I'm two tracks in and I'm pretty fucking happy, further compliments incoming lol...

Spoiler alert: most of this album is SUPER disappointing 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 8

Vox are just completely monotonous. not promising so far. I mean, they were before but somehow it got worse

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well... this is complete shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Honestly, after giving this two solid listens, the vocalist isn't bad. It's the guitarwork that is lacking on this release. Scott Carstairs seems to have taken a step back in terms of technicality. I really liked what they were doing on the last two records, I wonder what made them decide to change things up on this one.

THIS ALBUM REMINDS ME OF MY UNCLE'S CRUSTY ASSHOLE

• Haha 1

As always... LKA comes through with that WIN! Awesome stuff, thanks for posting.

• Love 1

@Tzeromus  I am a little let down as well. Almost like that progressive should be removed from the genre description for this album.

Let down for Fallujah that is. It is actually a good album.

Vocalist is monotonous as hell which reminded me a lot of Aegaeon, but I enjoyed this. Nothing will top The Flesh Prevails for me though.

• Upvote 1

Yay I've been waiting for this. =) Thanks.

Hope they release an instrumental version of this album.

21 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Allegaeon buddy, Allegaeon.

haha  I missed the LL my bad :/

Hmmm fucking yikes this isn't as good as I was hoping. Very monotonous. No standout moments really. It feels like one long song that tries to build atmosphere without actually building any atmosphere.

Alot of monotonous usage of the word monotonous. Lol. Love the new album, very excited to receive my copy of this in the mail.

• Haha 1

I've listened front to back uninterrupted twice and I still can't discern a single song besides the singles. It's all so fuckin samey. Damn. Sad decline.

• Upvote 1

So far I'm digging this way more than 'Dreamless'. The vocals have little variation but the last guy wasn't exactly that varied anyway, loved the cleans in "Dopamine".

The best part is they dropped a lot of the pseudo-prog guitar noodling they had on the last two- that "WHEWWWWWWWW-WA-WOOOOOOOOO" bullshit that made every song sound the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But those warbling leads in the forefront is what gave it personality to me haha. Inversely, I find it sounds less unique and way more samey as a result of both the loss of those leads and of Alex's programmed synths.

15 hours ago, whenallelsefa1ls said:

Honestly, after giving this two solid listens, the vocalist isn't bad. It's the guitarwork that is lacking on this release. Scott Carstairs seems to have taken a step back in terms of technicality. I really liked what they were doing on the last two records, I wonder what made them decide to change things up on this one.

They lost their second guitarist, I don't think it's so much that he's playing less technically, the dynamic of having both guitarists is just missing.

• Upvote 1

I'm kinda surprised having to admit it, but I had really set my expectations so low for this album that it actually disappointed me not being THAT bad.

Not a great album, but still not bad. They've for sure taken a step back in terms of complexity and tech-y riffings, but I like how the whole thing flows by seamlessly. True, probably no standout tracks that get stuck in your head at first listen, but as a whole the album surely succeeds in creating an atmosphere and carrying it on throughout the whole of its 45 minutes.

As already said when the singles came out, I'm not really a fan of the new vocalist, absolutely, no way, I hate his vocals, they just suck hardcore to my ears, but somehow the music manages to keep a predominant role in the composition and swallow the vocals, leaving them to be just something to go with the music which is the main actor here. 

All in all, this isn't The Flesh Prevails and these dudes probably will never get at such heights again, but still Undying Light is enjoyable in its own right.