Rorschach

Our Last Night - Let Light Overcome (2019)

57 posts in this topic

I did not care for the last album but this one i dig. Not hard but enough that i will spin it at least for the month. Curious to see what this second album sounds like.

Other Releases by

17 hours ago, AMNESIK said:

Wat?

Also, "Favorite Artist : Bring Me The Horizon" Lulz

If thats his favourite artist then he is more qualified to comment than most, no one shits on their favourite band for no reason. He must genuinely have felt as though the new BMTH failed to meet expectations and i wholeheartedly agree with him. This is a better album if you are after the poprock/metal vibe. Fanbois will disagree

Sounds good to me. Bury the hatchet is the best track, for obvious reasons :)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JPLD said:

How is this band still around?? 

Cause they brought their shit back up to par, I stopped listening to them for a few albums after we will all evolve, but I've really dug this album and their last ep

@me420 

28 minutes ago, me420 said:

Cause they brought their shit back up to par, I stopped listening to them for a few albums after we will all evolve, but I've really dug this album and their last ep

Fair, I remember liking these guys from the myspace days (YEAH I'M OLD) then they became this glorified cover band. So it became harder and harder to enjoy their music when i see/listen more covers then original music. 

dont have much hope for this album, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

EVERYONE: It's confirmed - Let Light Overcome is a two-parter.

• Love 4

2 minutes ago, Burst said:

what a relief.

quite the coincidence that two artists put out the first halves of two-part records on the same release day. what a time to be alive

I have settled my mind

this is a darn good album.

at first it seems monotonous, but after more listens, there is actually a lot of variety in the songs

it's not as good as selective hearing, but it's close behind

I'm excited for part 2

So far I'm not feeling it a lot, it's like 7/10 for me, listening to Oak Island for comparison, but I like their heavier side much more than the pop-punky experimenting with pop rock spices

21 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

I have settled my mind

this is a darn good album.

at first it seems monotonous, but after more listens, there is actually a lot of variety in the songs

it's not as good as selective hearing, but it's close behind

I'm excited for part 2

Actually, this > Selective Hearing in my opinion

1 hour ago, Physyadelic said:

So far I'm not feeling it a lot, it's like 7/10 for me, listening to Oak Island for comparison, but I like their heavier side much more than the pop-punky experimenting with pop rock spices

Are you saying Oak Island is heavier?! Not being critical here, just not sure if that’s what you mean.

I do I have to agree that my hype level was a little higher after hearing the 3 singles because they have way more screams and heavy riffs compared to anything they released in the past years, but the second half does contain way less heaviness, still catchy af, but it kind of disappointed me just a little.

6 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

Are you saying Oak Island is heavier?! Not being critical here, just not sure if that’s what you mean.

I do I have to agree that my hype level was a little higher after hearing the 3 singles because they have way more screams and heavy riffs compared to anything they released in the past years, but the second half does contain way less heaviness, still catchy af, but it kind of disappointed me just a little.

I can say they are a bit on par, but I like Oak Island more and their past stuff :) let's see how the "Let Darkness Overcome" will be :D 

I think this is one of their better releases, but the execution on some parts fall very flat. 7/10

3 hours ago, Physyadelic said:

I can say they are a bit on par, but I like Oak Island more and their past stuff :) let's see how the "Let Darkness Overcome" will be :D 

Instrumentally it is indeed a bit on par. If we take the 3 singles released before the actual release, they’re all heavier at some point. But yeah, Oak Island was a solid EP. Back then i just wished there was more scream, but I evolved musically and it’s not as vital for me as it was before.

Hahah yeah if it could really be Let Darkness Overcome, it’d be nice if it was heavier and darker all the way through. But clearly they proved us these past years that they enjoy incorporating some pop elements in their music, which seems to be a genre they enjoy with all the covers they do.

I don't mind only getting 8 songs, as long as all 8 are killer. Most albums have 12-15 tracks with about 4-6 good songs.

6 hours ago, Burst said:

Actually, this > Selective Hearing in my opinion

there is some psychological effect I can't remember the name of where the first thing in a group of things you are exposed to ends up being your favorite. it might have to do something with nostalgia.

anyway, the first oln album I listened to was selective hearing, so that might have something to do with it.

another component is probably my great experience seeing them on the selective hearing tour.

who knows, I may end up liking this one more in the future.

I just really love selective hearing.

I love our last night ('s original music.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This album hits some buttons for me. You likey Leaky?

The more I listen to it the more I like it tbh

Only thing that piss me off is that art cover which I find very uninspired

A wolf, c'mon

• Upvote 1

weak and short album overall. only songs worth listening to are: bury the hatchet, castles in the sky, soul speak

not sensing any replay value here

Castle In The Sky is one of the better songs coming out of this genre lately

• Upvote 2

Generic and uninspired album art, yet I ended up liking some of the album.  Not that my opinion means jackshit, but personal favorites are Bury the Hatchet and Bleed for You.  A few criticisms like some songs are inexplicably sung when the lyrics deserve harsh vocals and the album as a whole isn't exactly anything I haven't heard before, but it was a fun listen if predictable.

Welp, that was bad. Bury The Hatchet is cool tho. 

@Andydobson12 i was looking into that! apparently platforms such as itunes dont even give the option to call it an ep unless its 5 songs or under.. haha just thought id let you know (though i agree with you)

• Love 1

On 3/8/2019 at 1:39 PM, Burst said:

@Andydobson12

• Love 1

lol