Sign in to follow this  
D666N

Billie Eilish - wish you were gay [Single] (2019)

29 posts in this topic

iTunes Artwork for 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? (by Billie Eilish)'

Release - March 4, 2019

Genre - Alternative Pop

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. wish you were gay

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 4

Not sure what I expected with this song title, but yeah this is not for me. Tried getting into her music because everyone keeps calling her "unique" but every song so far has been bland as hell. (before you attack me, remember this is a personal opinion, nothing more)

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 2

This makes me uncomfortable 

• Haha 1

I dig her overall, but this is kinda boring. still looking forward to her lp though!

i wonder if she'll face any backlash for the choice of song title. not that it bothers me much, but it's very clear that it could bother a large majority of others

• Upvote 1

To me this is the same as a straight creeper going up to a gay girl and saying "wish you weren't gay", and I can almost assure you that because of Billie's fame and aesthetic, the LBGT community is going to ignore the hypocrisy with this.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Yesssss love this!

2 hours ago, Primexile said:

Not sure what I expected with this song title, but yeah this is not for me. Tried getting into her music because everyone keeps calling her "unique" but every song so far has been bland as hell. (before you attack me, remember this is a personal opinion, nothing more)

She's "unique" to people that only listen to mainstream pop. This sound has been done a million times

30 minutes ago, MyTearsYW said:

To me this is the same as a straight creeper going up to a gay girl and saying "wish you weren't gay", and I can almost assure you that because of Billie's fame and aesthetic, the LBGT community is going to ignore the hypocrisy with this.

As they ALWAYS do

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, MyTearsYW said:

So I know you haven't heard the song? This is actually about her liking a boy and being really invested in him whereas the boy doesn't like her back and she kinda wants a reason for him not to like her (so she wishes he was gay so he'd have a reason) 

The boy the song is about turned out to be gay btw

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RoseColoredBoy said:

So I know you haven't heard the song? This is actually about her liking a boy and being really invested in him whereas the boy doesn't like her back and she kinda wants a reason for him not to like her (so she wishes he was gay so he'd have a reason) 

The boy the song is about turned out to be gay btw

She can't just accept the fact that he doesn't like her? He needs to be gay for her to be alright with it? If it was anyone else singing this song they'd be ripped apart for that.

48 minutes ago, MyTearsYW said:

Explained this much better than I ever could have!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MyTearsYW said:

Straight dudes say that to gay girls they find attractive because they want something from them. They're the same ones who say things like "you must not have had a real guy" or "I bet you'd turn straight after being with me." I don't think this is equivalent to that type of behavior, but I get why some people might think that. She was 15-16 or so when this song was written (it's from before this album), and it's more about unrequited love or feelings. Considering she's still a teenager, I think it makes total sense that this is something within her headspace during that time. She also mentions her pride, selfishness, etc. in the song. It'd be different if she was somehow saying being gay is a bad thing. 

• Upvote 5

Are the same people offended by this also offended that Korn wrote a song called “Faget”?🤔

• Upvote 1

Good song looking forward to the album

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to the rest of the album, especially the song "xanny" might be interesting <3

Solid song. Looking coward to her album!

• Upvote 1

If people seriously think she's unoriginal and there's a million artists with her sound already, then I'd like to hear some named. I do believe she is a unique artist, but if she isn't, I'd love to hear more artists similar to her. So enlighten me.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, InsidAero said:

If people seriously think she's unoriginal and there's a million artists with her sound already, then I'd like to hear some named. I do believe she is a unique artist, but if she isn't, I'd love to hear more artists similar to her. So enlighten me.

FKA Twigs comes to mind, but other than that I can’t really think of anyone. 

1 hour ago, InsidAero said:

I literally thought this same thing today. If there are more that sound like her, I'd love to hear them because I love that sound.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, akamu24 said:

I literally thought this same thing today. If there are more that sound like her, I'd love to hear them because I love that sound.

Melanie Martinez is similiar

1 hour ago, Darrel said:

Melanie Martinez is similiar

Any particular songs? Everything I've heard from MM is not really like Billie.

5 hours ago, InsidAero said:

Any particular songs? Everything I've heard from MM is not really like Billie.

Listen to billie eilish - Copycat then listen to Mad Hatter or literally any Melanie Martinez song ever released.

• Downvote 1

Cringe.

• Confused 1

not a bad tune or anything, but she's a criminally fucking overrated industry plant piggybacking on her brother's production (and most likely songwriting), and everything about this track is generic as all hell. It's a shame cause You Should See Me in a Crown and Bury a Friend did show some promise, but this goes right back to her usual slogfest of a sound.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

I kinda liked her voice and listened a lot to "Dont Smile At Me" EP last year but definitely this is not a original path to go. Disapointed