We are aware that the slider images are not clickable anymore for the latest Chrome update (Chrome 73). We are currently investigating this issue. DO NOT DOWNGRADE YOUR CHROME TO FIX THIS ISSUE.
Lord Rorschach

Marianas Trench - Phantoms (2019)

23 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - March 1st, 2019

Genre - Pop Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist
1. Eleonora (01:08)
2. Only the Lonely Survive (03:43)
3. Echoes of You (feat. Roger Joseph Manning Jr.) (05:18)
4. Don’t Miss Me? (04:00)
5. Wish You Were Here (03:33)
6. Your Ghost (03:40)
7. Glimmer (03:41)
8. I Knew You When (03:45)
9. The Death of Me (05:00)
10. The Killing Kind (06:46)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

FLAC added!

echoes of you ECHOES OF YOU!!! SO FREAKIN EXCITED TO LISTEN TO THIS!!!

• Love 1

I know that Chad Kroeger first signed these guys many years ago, but wow did they go mainstream. First two albums did have some catchy rock songs

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ossy33xxx said:

I know that Chad Kroeger first signed these guys many years ago, but wow did they go mainstream. First two albums did have some catchy rock songs

Catchy rock songs to Catchy pop rock songs...

Same shit

1 minute ago, Draxcazel said:

Catchy rock songs to Catchy pop rock songs...

Same shit

i didn't find any keepers. last 3 albums were trash

• Downvote 1

This band to me is so inconsistent. Each album has a few songs I love and then find the rest total garbage.

• Upvote 1

Eleonora 4/5: good opening track not much else

Only the Lonely 5/5: One of Marianas Trench best songs. A perfect blend of sounds with an excellent vocal performance

Echoes of You 5/5: Another of my favorites a fantastic song that harkens back to the Masterpiece Theater days with a bit of a added pop kick. 

Don't Miss Me 4.5/5: Another great song that makes up an amazing 3 tracks back to back on this album. A Marianas Trench take on pop of 2018/2019 with real instruments and vocals taking the place of electronics. Fantastic production.

Wish You Were Here 4/5: Very catchy fun MT song but just a LITTLE reminiscent of Let Me Love You by DJ Snake and Justin Bieber. They change the chorus melody just enough to make it their own. It is noticable though.

Your Ghost 3/5: A good catchy song although just a tad too repetitive for me. Would have benefited from maybe being a bit shorter. 

Glimmer 5/5: amazing song through and through. This is the song you would hear on the radio non stop if anybody but Mtrench was performing it. Just an excellent melody and vocals.

I Knew You When 3/5: Again this song is just a bit repetitious for me, maybe I've heard it too much but I skipped it on my full listen through. Still a fun song.

The Death of Me 4.5/5: the best writing on the album by far. Chorus is a bit lacking but it makes up for it in strides by being so damn good in the writing/vocals/and instrumentation. You can hear examples all over this album of them taking a convention in pop on the radio and turning it on its head by doing something very different and unique with it. This is an example of that. 

The Killing Kind 5/5: A fantastically over the top and batshit closer. We've got references to Stephen King's IT,  lyrics from Marianas Trench previous albums, spooky guitar riffs followed by an explosion of instruments and vocal acrobatics, this song is quite literally insane, but when has a Mtrench closer been anything different. This band just keeps growing and expanding their amazing catalogue with time and I'm excited to see what sound they conquer next.

Overall: 4.3 Fantastic record through and through. 

• Upvote 3

Always have and always will love Marianas Trench. They are from my home town of Vancouver and one of the first Pop rock bands I enjoyed. I could care less what kind of music they do, Josh is an amazing vocalist. The members are superb at what they do. It makes me so happy to see what they have become since signing to 604 :) wish I could meet my fellow Vancouverians :lol: fuck man I always forget how small the world really is :D

album is great. Decided to listen fully right after it was posted. Very bouncy and happy. Love the little electric vibes here and there, they toned that down a little bit. Josh's highs are even better then before :) AOTM I think for me and Im a metalhead generally :lol:

• Upvote 4

I'm not sure how anyone could come into/out of this disappointed unless you were ONLY a fan of their first album "Fix Me", which by all accounts was filled with incredibly boring & generic rock with no identity.

I'm all about enjoying the rockier moments found throughout this band's discography (i'm looking at you, "Masterpiece Theatre"), but i've found that every release since then has no shortage of those elements as well. Is there way more of a pop influence? Absolutely. But i'd be baffled to hear someone argue that this is NOT the type of music that Ramsay was born to write/perform/produce.

Edit/First Reactions :

Although i'd probably rank this as my 4th favorite album of theirs, that's merely a sign of the quality i think of "Masterpiece Theatre", "Ever After", and "Astoria".

- "Glimmer" is fantastic. Reminds me of a more refined version of "One Love" from the last album

- Loving the arrangement of "The Death Of Me". I think this one will get better and better with every listen

- "The Killing Kind" is the type of closer we've grown to expect from MT. I'd argue this may be the weirdest yet, with some veryyyy interesting modulations and melodies. It doesn't have the grace or smoothness that the album closers in the past have, but i think that was the point here with the album's themes.

- "Echoes Of You" still possibly remains my favorite track on the album. Strange that it's the third track, as i could've seen them combining this more with "Eleonora" to make quite the epic opener, with "Only The Lonely Survive" following after.

My biggest gripe is that this is only 10 tracks (with one being an intro essentially), especially when 3 were already released.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

These guys just do pop music so damn well, can't wait to listen to this! Thank you!

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TheArtistFormallyKnownAsDX said:

I'm not sure how anyone could come into/out of this disappointed unless you were ONLY a fan of their first album "Fix Me", which by all accounts was filled with incredibly boring & generic rock with no identity.

I'm all about enjoying the rockier moments found throughout this band's discography (i'm looking at you, "Masterpiece Theatre"), but i've found that every release since then has no shortage of those elements as well. Is there way more of a pop influence? Absolutely. But i'd be baffled to hear someone argue that this is NOT the type of music that Ramsay was born to write/perform/produce.

Well said buddy :D

• Love 1

Would rank this band up with Issues as being one of the top bands that know how to make catchy af songs.

• Upvote 2

Just wanted to mention that the Non-FLAC downloads are missing track 4.

@highfivepunk  you can download the FLAC version and convert to MP3 if you prefer it that way

After my first full listen Wish You Were Here is by far my favorite followed by the closer. Definitely more low-key and softer than Astoria but still a great album. I've said for 10 years now it's insane that these guys aren't selling out arenas in the States  and cleaning up at the Grammys. 7.5/10 for me as of now. 

1. Astoria 

2. Ever After 

3. Masterpiece 

4. Phantoms 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, manoverboard679 said:

After my first full listen Wish You Were Here is by far my favorite followed by the closer. Definitely more low-key and softer than Astoria but still a great album. I've said for 10 years now it's insane that these guys aren't selling out arenas in the States  and cleaning up at the Grammys. 7.5/10 for me as of now. 

1. Astoria 

2. Ever After 

3. Masterpiece 

4. Phantoms 

I would rank them slightly different only being ever after being 1 and astoria being 2 but agree. These dudes just put out solid after solid release. I think this one just lacks content which is why it is falling flat for me in comparison to the others. Just not enough tracks. Ya know?

One of my family members is really into these guys and met them sometime ago in the juno's, even they met new 3DG but thats another topic. Never got into Marianas trench but i can handle listening to there stuff if it was played on the radio or CD player :) But enough backstory stuff, heres my review:

Eleonora - 3.5/5 - I can already tell they have grown better as a band with just this track
Only the lonely survive - 3.5/5
Echoes of You - 3.5/5 - great ending
Dont miss me? - 3/5
Wish you were here - 4/5
Your ghost - 4.5/5
Glimmer - 4.5/5
I know You when - 3/5
The Death of me - 4/5
The Killing Kind - 4/5

Honestly i know im not a huge fan of them but its still good to see these guys active and playing shows again. Check out the album if your into them. I dont hate them but i just dont mind for there music. Just want to hear the album before it gets played alot in my home :P 

On 2/28/2019 at 6:15 AM, theblackswan35 said:

This band to me is so inconsistent. Each album has a few songs I love and then find the rest total garbage.

So they’re consistently inconsistent.

Been a HUGE Marianas Trench fan pretty much since their conception. "Phantoms" is such a step in the right direction and possibly one of their best releases since "Masterpiece Theater" which honestly can't be topped. This is leagues better than "Astoria" (minus a couple tracks on there), but these dudes finally released an entire album worth listening to again. Favorites would be "Eleonora", "Echoes of You", "The Death of Me" and "The Killing End". Rest of the album is catchy af, but those 4 stood out to me. Hoping to see them on their current tour, because i've been spinning this album since release.

• Upvote 1

Is it my impression, or the singing vocal at the beginning of the last track is Marko Saaresto, the lead vocals of Poets of the Fall?