mR12

La Dispute - Panorama (2019)

What would you rate La Dispute - Panorama out of 10?  

276 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate La Dispute - Panorama out of 10?

54 posts in this topic

One of my favourite bands. Almost finished listening to it and so far I love but I'll definitely need to listen to it more often and also with lyrics!

Other Releases by

16 hours ago, Bored To Death said:

I'm unfamiliar with them. But aren't they just spoken word?

Not at all. Anything before their last record was post-hardcore with a lot of different outside influences, like jazz, progressive rock, and others. Lately they have spoken word in their music, sure, but they're still post-hardcore if you ask me, but heavily influenced by post-rock.

oooOOOooo

I think this is their best release to date.....I'm blown away

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Joseph said:

it's an aesthetic you hun

I GET IT. I WAS SIXTEEN ONCE TOO.

• Downvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

14 hours ago, sprdnglkwngs said:

EDIT: DOWNVOTE WHY? Y’ALL LIKE RANDOM ALL CAPS IN YOUR ITUNES? the only thing worse is all lowercase.

maybe I'm missing something, but are you saying that you go through and edit the tracks just because you dislike how caps look in your library?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

maybe I'm missing something, but are you saying that you go through and edit the tracks just because you dislike how caps look in your library?

Yes, I apply standard title capitalization that has been in use for centuries to all the files in my library. Shouldn’t seem that strange seeing how Apple does this exact same thing to every single release sold in the iTunes store.

• Downvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

4 hours ago, sprdnglkwngs said:

Yes, I apply standard title capitalization that has been in use for centuries to all the files in my library. Shouldn’t seem that strange seeing how Apple does this exact same thing to every single release sold in the iTunes store.

it's not strange to me,  but I'm diagnosed ocd.  BUT I'm aware of the fact that it's my malfunctioning brain that's the problem, while you seem to be convinced that it's everyone else who is the problem.... that's what I find strange:lol:

1 hour ago, humbleledger said:

it's not strange to me,  but I'm diagnosed ocd.  BUT I'm aware of the fact that it's my malfunctioning brain that's the problem, while you seem to be convinced that it's everyone else who is the problem.... that's what I find strange:lol:

It's like visual equivalent to brickwalled mastering. Make it all caps to stand out. Eye grabbing. Or make all lowercase to seem like you dgaf. I tend to lean toward a more encyclopedic style of organizing music. If I went to college I would have majored in English. But it has less to do with me and more to do with it being an industry standard that's there for a reason. 

The band Health for example. If it's on a t-shirt, it's HEALTH. If you're writing about them as a professional journalist, it's Health. I've seen it both ways. But in English there is always one correct answer and it's not subjective.

• Downvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

i fucking love this website

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sprdnglkwngs said:

The band Health for example. If it's on a t-shirt, it's HEALTH. If you're writing about them as a professional journalist, it's Health. I've seen it both ways. But in English there is always one correct answer and it's not subjective.

but it's also art, which means its very subjective.   and you know a pretentious band like La Dispute are going to consider how they stylize their track list as art.   

it's no different than bands who use a V in place of an A.  technically it's 'wrong' and it screws up my library worse than caps do... but you cannot argue against it. 

• Upvote 1

This, pissgrave and devil master are all perfect fucking albums

• Downvote 1

oh snap super early!!! thanks man

10 hours ago, humbleledger said:

but it's also art, which means its very subjective.   and you know a pretentious band like La Dispute are going to consider how they stylize their track list as art.   

it's no different than bands who use a V in place of an A.  technically it's 'wrong' and it screws up my library worse than caps do... but you cannot argue against it. 

Discogs which is the largest aggregator of music releases in the world allows intentional misspelling but not weird caps in song titles so I’m going with that.

https://www.discogs.com/La-Dispute-Fulton-Street-I-/release/12891487

https://www.discogs.com/Svffer-Svffer/release/4865718

WYv5vZr.gif

I see it as an extension of the expression of the artistic output of the band. Just like the music is.

It's great to listen to the album early though, it's fantastic. Looking forward to receiving the vinyl bundle I ordered.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:02 PM, Bored To Death said:

I'm unfamiliar with them. But aren't they just spoken word?

Get familiar with them.  Not spoken word, slam poetry.

468x60_2019_1.jpg

Well well the Signer has spoken some nice words on this one! Well done!

Listened to this before voting on the poll. The guy sounds like he's about to start crying at any given second, in every song.

9 minutes ago, Ninjanewblet said:

This album is so fucking good. Probably my top 5 this year.

hell yeah rosebro

• Love 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses