Lord Kingdom

I Prevail announce highly anticipated Sophomore album, "Trauma"

30 posts in this topic

I Prevail, the Post-Hardcore band out of Southfield, Michigan have just announced the details on their upcoming, highly anticipated, Sophomore record. The band skyrocketed into the Post-Hardcore scene after releasing a cover of Taylor Swift's, "Blank Space", and haven't slowed down since. Their debut record "Lifelines" peaked at #15 on the US Billboard 200 chart, and landed in the top 10 for numerous other charts upon release. The guys announced through their Facebook that the title of the new album will be "Trauma" and will be releasing on March 29th through Fearless Records.

 

No word on preoders or a single yet.

 

74jQoQJmOc4.jpg

 

Tracklist:

1. Bow Down
2. Paranoid
3. Every Time You Leave (feat. Delaney Jane)
4. Rise Above It (feat. Justin Stone)
5. Breaking Down
6. DOA 
7. Gasoline
8. Hurricane 
9. Let Me Be Sad
10. Low
11. Goodbye (Interlude)
12. Deadweight
13. I Don't Belong Here

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kill it with fire

  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never got the love or hate for this band. They've got the right things to be good. They just have to actually attempt to utilize those things 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can appreciate their instrumental talent and I fucking love Scars/Stuck in Your Head but goddamn the fucking trend of high-pitched singing in rock needs to die.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harvey_Djent said:

I can appreciate their instrumental talent and I fucking love Scars/Stuck in Your Head but goddamn the fucking trend of high-pitched singing in rock needs to die.

"Trend of high pitched singing in rock needs to die" wut

 

Also this isn't high pitched

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bored To Death said:

Never got the love or hate for this band. They've got the right things to be good. They just have to actually attempt to utilize those things 

I remember they did a tour a few years back where they were headlining for a bunch of bands who were "big names" back in the day. Lots of "They don't deserve to be so big with only one album etc etc etc." They also got really huge off of a cover that they refused to play live because they were embarrassed of it. I used to know their merch guy so I heard all about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kumarisai said:

I remember they did a tour a few years back where they were headlining for a bunch of bands who were "big names" back in the day. Lots of "They don't deserve to be so big with only one album etc etc etc." They also got really huge off of a cover that they refused to play live because they were embarrassed of it. I used to know their merch guy so I heard all about it.

Oh I know the cover. My ex and I had our first kiss to it at a dance. Shame that relationship ended before it hit four years :cry:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone catch on their FB story that they might consider counting the likes + shares instead of solely relying on 100k shares?

 

Figured I might mention this considering they really are looking to stand firm with the whole "share to get a single" thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't they work with Drew Fulk on this record? Despite the hate I am excited to see how this record turns out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

Didn't they work with Drew Fulk on this record? Despite the hate I am excited to see how this record turns out 

I'm pretty sure it was Tyler Smyth (Dangerkids)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IceBlood said:

I'm pretty sure it was Tyler Smyth (Dangerkids)

Ah yeah I remember Tyler posting on Twitter about it. Thanks for the reminder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lifelines had few songs I could get down with. I'll definitely check this out when it drops but I'm not too excited for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they were self-releasing this lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

"highly anticipated" 

 

xd

Favorite Genre: K-Pop

 

ok

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit generic but their cringe marketing was what always got to me. Have always just sounded like bad ADTR to me. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't trust this band until they can prove to me that they can make good music.

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will gladly and open-minded listen to this, however they sound straight generic to me (And I dont even like using this word)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Bow Down" as an opening track perfectly represents I Prevail, since they consider themselves as the "saviours" of heavy music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AMNESIK said:

"Bow Down" as an opening track perfectly represents I Prevail, since they consider themselves as the "saviours" of heavy music.

That would be suicide silence sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AMNESIK said:

"Bow Down" as an opening track perfectly represents I Prevail, since they consider themselves as the "saviours" of heavy music.

FUCKING BOW DOWN

 

 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their singer said on twitter that this album will be a "gamechanger"

the only question is what game he wants to change

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bored To Death said:

"Trend of high pitched singing in rock needs to die" wut

 

Also this isn't high pitched

Not as high pitched as say whatshisface from Sleeping with Sirens, but the boybandness of this band always annoyed me.  And as for the "wut", bands like Nothing More, I Prevail, Sleeping with Sirens, Famous Last Words and 5SOS with their helium voices can fuck right off.  I don't think I stuttered.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn stoked!!! I read their debut sold like 600000 copies... that’s unbelievable for a rock band to do nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn stoked!!! I read their debut sold like 600000 copies... that’s unbelievable for a rock band to do nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

"highly anticipated" 

 

xd

Considering how much their debut record sold and how many shares and likes the post about their new album, its safe to say its "highly anticipated" 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harvey_Djent said:

Not as high pitched as say whatshisface from Sleeping with Sirens, but the boybandness of this band always annoyed me.  And as for the "wut", bands like Nothing More, I Prevail, Sleeping with Sirens, Famous Last Words and 5SOS with their helium voices can fuck right off.  I don't think I stuttered.

Lmao I didn't say you stuttered. None of those bands except 5SOS have "helium" voices. And if you think I Prevail is boybandish then you're either crazy or a high tier troll.

 

Let me put this in perspective. Just because you, you specifically, don't like something, doesn't mean it needs to go away.

 

Also. Don't pull that "did I stutter" prick shit and actually have a legitimate conversation. Because it sounds from that like you're trying to instigate. Which is against site rules.

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 3:04 PM, Bored To Death said:

Lmao I didn't say you stuttered. None of those bands except 5SOS have "helium" voices. And if you think I Prevail is boybandish then you're either crazy or a high tier troll.

 

Let me put this in perspective. Just because you, you specifically, don't like something, doesn't mean it needs to go away.

 

Also. Don't pull that "did I stutter" prick shit and actually have a legitimate conversation. Because it sounds from that like you're trying to instigate. Which is against site rules.

Talk your shit, king. I'm with ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have some catchy songs and clearly a top tier PR team.

 

Apart from that, they are a decent band imo. Will listen to their release for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2019 Kingdom Leaks.