Lord Rorschach

While She Sleeps - SO WHAT? (2019)

110 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Augusto said:

Yay, thanks for the 320 kbps release!

they have many songs with gang vocals since their first ep. I did not understand the complain... It's just a natural path to rely a bit more on that after all they've been through.

I definitely agree with you. This is the six is a true masterpiece.

It's just really laughable how people say this is not while she sleeps (or that they are decaying) and it all falls again at the same idiosyncratic edgy comments we see in every band that has been playing for more than 10 years. People are really sensible to change, aren't they? This is definitely their peak for instrumental as @CMGX6X said. Unfortunately Lawrence had 3 fucking throat surgeries. It's actually amazing how he's still givin it all.

The instrumentals are fuckin insane and the lyrical content is amazing. While she sleeps has been constantly evolving and experimenting since their first EP. If you didn't get this yet please take 40 minutes of your life and see their documentary (So What? The Documentary). Maybe your point of view can be clarified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw7g8668bOU

This documentary is a MUST for everyone that listened to this album.

Just because they use the effect a lot doesn't mean i have to like it. I think it detracts from thr vocal performance entirely and makes the choruses weaker

I think this album is awesome, very catchy ( as usual ) and loaded with nice breakdowns ( long and short ).

The more I listen to this, the more I realize that Matt has taken center stage on vocals and Loz is almost taken the backseat. Matt is so strong vocally and has incredible stage presence and with these songs have such a good live presence, I can't blame him. I just wonder if the vocal decision is because of Loz's multiple surgeries on vocal cords.

Both of the 320 downloads are blank when opening the folders...is this normal ._.?

A lot of the tracks sound similar even thought they're prob not. I was getting bored towards the end tbh. Enjoyed their previous album more than this one.

All links are empty unfortunately. Been empty for a few days, can we get a check on this?

14 hours ago, bloodllust said:

Both of the 320 downloads are blank when opening the folders...is this normal ._.?

2 hours ago, blakewarford said:

All links are empty unfortunately. Been empty for a few days, can we get a check on this?

If you are on Windows and your default file manager does not handle this file try extracting it with 7-Zip, it should work.

OK, I'm a newbie to WSS but I'm officially obsessed with this record, so this may be a silly question... But there are some vocals here and there that I don't recognize, is Loz doing some cleans now or is someone else doing them besides Mat?

2 minutes ago, vic.rivers said:

OK, I'm a newbie to WSS but I'm officially obsessed with this record, so this may be a silly question... But there are some vocals here and there that I don't recognize, is Loz doing some cleans now or is someone else doing them besides Mat?

Sean is doing some and others do a bit of vocals too, and apparently there might be some features? idk.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, negativecreep said:

If you are on Windows and your default file manager does not handle this file try extracting it with 7-Zip, it should work.

yup use 7-zip. I was having issues using winrar on WSL which I use for everything, for whatever reason 7-zip worked perfectly. 

Love the album, but i dont like the quality of sound, terrible!

who mixed and produced?

• Upvote 1

clean\gang vocals got boring real fast

Their guitarist " backing vocalist " is the heart of this band, riff town. If he ever goes these guys are done, I really like this album though, I really like While She Sleeps.

They didn't manage to surpass the level they set with their previous album, but came pretty close.

8/10 even though lots of songs seem kinda similiar to each other, The Guilty Party stands out, best song on the album, by far.

• Upvote 1

loving it, not 1 song that gets skipped when playing through 
praying they support architects on the upcoming Aussie tour 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BringMeTheEmpire said:

Link broken?

I'm having issues with track 4. Any news on that?

Have never been able to get into this band, as much as i've tried - and i've tried multiple times.

This album could well be a Top 10 album of all time, I absolutely love it and am still smashing it multiple times a day - a month on. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Exsanguination45 said:

Have never been able to get into this band, as much as i've tried - and i've tried multiple times.

This album could well be a Top 10 album of all time, I absolutely love it and am still smashing it multiple times a day - a month on. 

Are you able to download the track So What?

4 hours ago, recoverthelost said:

Are you able to download the track So What?

Yes