After some back and forth with Google, we've successfully resolved the "Deceptive site ahead" warning on browsers! Thanks to everyone who helped us appeal this!
Rorschach

While She Sleeps - SO WHAT? (2019)

109 posts in this topic

Just seen them Live in Cologne saturday.

Pre-Ordered.

Other Releases by

Step 1 : Download the album
Step 2 : Listen the album twice
Step 3 : Delete the album (keep The Guilty Party)

The exact same process than when You Are We came out. Kept a song or two. I honestly don't even know why i hate it so much, it's not THAT bad. My expectations are always too high with them. I want them to be heavy again, so bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, AMNESIK said:

Step 1 : Download the album
Step 2 : Listen the album twice
Step 3 : Delete the album (keep The Guilty Party)

The exact same process than when You Are We came out. Kept a song or two. I honestly don't even know why i hate it so much, it's not THAT bad. My expectations are always too high with them. I want them to be heavy again, so bad.

mimimi not hevy not gud CXDYFXDXXDXDXDXDXDY

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

No, i usually am a big fan of bands that know how to reinvent themselves and go in different directions. I just simply think that WSS are doing it wrong.

21 minutes ago, AMNESIK said:

No, i usually am a big fan of bands that know how to reinvent themselves and go in different directions. I just simply think that WSS are doing it wrong.

so you had to write edgy comment

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

so you had to write edgy comment

I'm disappointed and think they're better than that. So yeah, i think they deserve to get some shit thrown at them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AMNESIK said:

Why wouldn't i?! I'm disappointed and think they're better than that. So yeah, i think they deserve to get some shit thrown at them.

oh yeah right you're that entitled that they should listen to you instead of doing what makes them happy :D ok ok ok ok i'm sorry for you  shitting on a talented band that likes to explore and try new stuff

• Love 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm about 6 or 7 times through now, and although it's not as good as You Are We (how could it be?) it's really, really good. Definitely number 1 on my list so far this year. The songs are layered, complicated, beautiful at times, heavy at times, melodic at times. The gang vocals are outstanding as usual. The guitars are outstanding for metalcore (ABR being the best at that). It's a solid 9/10 for me. Can't wait for the 320!

tiempo sin escuchar esta banda, gracias por el aporte, saludos!!

not gonna listen this masterpiece until 320kbps

On 2/23/2019 at 8:50 PM, Stasz18 said:

LET'S GOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, they aren't looking to top You Are We (I mean I don't think it is possible) but this is one hell of a follow-up. It's heavy, it's melodic, and it's incredible. I was somewhat sketched going into this because of the lukewarm responses but as I'd hoped, as a whole album from front to back, it really stands on its own and shows that While She Sleeps has grown even more in many ways. AOTY?

Best Tracks: Anti-Social, Gulity Party, Elephant, Back of My MInd, Good Grief, Inspire, Gates of Paradise

Worst Tracks: Haunt Me, I've Seen It All (They are still great but the replay value isn't as great as the other tracks)

SmartSelect_20181111-154046_YouTube.gif

If you want an album that tops you are we listen to this is the six😂

• Upvote 4

Guest MetalNerd117

As different as this record is, I am loving every minute of it. I knew this was going to be a great record from the first single they put up. I'm very happy.

I really like this.

Guest BazzD
15 hours ago, xgerryx said:

I'm about 6 or 7 times through now, and although it's not as good as You Are We (how could it be?) it's really, really good. Definitely number 1 on my list so far this year. The songs are layered, complicated, beautiful at times, heavy at times, melodic at times. The gang vocals are outstanding as usual. The guitars are outstanding for metalcore (ABR being the best at that). It's a solid 9/10 for me. Can't wait for the 320!

100% this. I'm at my fifth time listening now and this is epic. Did take a few listens to get used to the sound

On 2/25/2019 at 5:39 PM, Cutliesthroat said:

I got into their whole discography ever since I saw them at Warped Tour back when Brainwashed came. They became one of my favorite bands. All of their stuff is amazing!

5. The North Stands For Nothing
4. This is the Six
3. So What?
2. Brainwashed
1. You Are We

The album is not that bad, it's actually good. There are 1-2 songs where I'm like "eh, nah" but the majority was good. Favorite songs are definitively the singles, so Anti-Social, Haunt Me, The Guilty Party and Elephant.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:04 PM, SilverMk6 said:

I don't get the hype behind this band at all, lol like how are they so big their music is the definition of yawn as fuck 

Some songs are great, some of their songs are just boring as fuck. Inconsistent band. I haven't listened to this album yet because of the rip quality, but imo they've started to decline since their release of You Are We. Their album Brainwashed was great, heavy hitting metalcore for the most part. But their recent stuff isn't sitting well with me compared to that. So maybe try their earlier albums?

• Upvote 1

The North Stands For Nothing - Good

This is the Six - Great

Brainwashed - Reeeeeally good

You Are We - Medicore

So What? - Few good moments but it's a bit shite for the most part, really disappointed.

• Upvote 2

After listening to this album probably 10 times I have concluded that I absolutely love it with my whole goddamn heart and that's really all I have to say about SO WHAT?

• Upvote 2

I was going to say something but I always get ridiculed for what I said. So I will keep ............................. blah, blah, blah, to myself.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I came

Well this was straight trash. Unbelievable how anyone who has heard 'Brainwashed' can think this is good. 'You Are We' was a step down but nothing as disappointing as this dumpster fire.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Spoilers ahead

Anti-Social: 4/5 - Because this was the first single off of the album, I didn't really feel it at first. As I had the song on replay, it grew on me and now, I consider it one of the great songs off the album.

I've Seen it All: 4/5 - Promising start, developed nicely. Nothing really special about the song, it just IS really good, melodic, just like I want it to be. I would like a bit more Lawrence in the song, but that would be a bit too much nitpicking.

Inspire: 2,5/5 - "We're going nowhere", yup, agreed. This was probably the low point of the album, together with Good Grief (literally), I really liked the breakdown though. The song itself was pretty simple, I think that this would've been released as a single if it wasn't for Haunt Me. One annoying part of the song were the electronics, they were really just mediocre in my opinion. Probably going to grow on me over time, but right now... Naaah.

So What: 2,5/5 - At the beginning, when THAT guitar riff came to life, it sounded as if it was about to be the heaviest song on the album. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed with something that could be described as "the exact same as half the album, boring". 

The Guilty Party: 5/5 - When this came out, it was the song that really got me hyped about the album after 2 not really eye opening song. For me, certainly the strongest song off the entire album and the one I had on replay the most.

Haunt me: 4/5 - Melodic, simple, softer, the song grew on me after some replays. At this point in the album I started really considering whether Lawrence is still the frontman of the band, because in this album, it seems like Matt and Sean have more vocal space than Lawrence himself, and he's only in there for the heavier parts of the album. Great ending, one of the catchiest sections of the entire album.

Elephant: 3,5/5 - This song felt a little flat. It wasn't bad, it just didn't touch me the way other songs did. I did appreciate some political lyrics once again from While She Sleeps though, that was probably the best thing about the song. 

Set You Free: 4/5 - THE GUITAR MELODY IN THE OPENING SECTION, AAAAH... Love it. If only the whole song was this melodic, or maybe the whole album, I'd be ejaculating happiness. It gets 4 points pretty much only because of how good that opening riff was, also because the cleans/screams ratio was pretty good, better than most of the songs.

Good Grief: 2/5 - This is Set You Free all over again, even a bit structure-wise. It has one rather big difference though. Lawrence was a passenger for 90% of the song, only pretty much coming on stage for the bridge. It mostly gets 2 points just because of how good that opening riff was.

Back of My Mind: 4/5 - It sounded as if While She Sleeps went 100% Bring Me The Horizon on this song, I was being surprised left, right and centre. When Matt rapped one of the ending sections of the song, I was sold. Certainly one of the highlights of So What?

Gates of Paradise 5/5 - What a great ending to the album, also certainly one of my favourite songs off the album. This type of melody was something I've been missing for the entirety of the album, especially in the chorus. For completely different reasons, this and The Guilty Party were the absolute peaks of the album for me, and will be on replay for quite some time.

Overall, the album is pretty good. It's no You Are We, it's no Brainwashed and it's certainly no This Is The Six, and I don't think it should be any of these, because that would be repetitious. I don't necessarily dig the way While She Sleeps are slowly going. When I started listening to While She Sleeps, in late 2013, I loved the way they would mix heaviness with melody, obviously Sean Long and his beautiful guitar work. They quickly became one of my favourite metalcore bands in the world. In this album, I feel like this "mix" between heaviness and melody faded, the sections are either really melodic or pretty heavy, nothing in between as it was in their previous albums. The album has some lows and some highs, and although I'm a little bit disappointed, I still think it's a decent album. I hugely appreciate While She Sleeps for trying out something new and not being scared about the feedback, and although I know a lot of people will love it, being as open-minded as possible about it, It's still not exactly for me anymore.

3/5.

Guest coryxvx

computer is telling me it's empty....

Yay, thanks for the 320 kbps release!

On 2/24/2019 at 12:30 AM, DORBUSCUS said:

I hate the effect on the cleans on this album. Sounds like a crowd is singing along and it just sounds awful

they have many songs with gang vocals since their first ep. I did not understand the complain... It's just a natural path to rely a bit more on that after all they've been through.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:39 PM, Cutliesthroat said:

I definitely agree with you. This is the six is a true masterpiece.

It's just really laughable how people say this is not while she sleeps (or that they are decaying) and it all falls again at the same idiosyncratic edgy comments we see in every band that has been playing for more than 10 years. People are really sensible to change, aren't they? This is definitely their peak for instrumental as @CMGX6X said. Unfortunately Lawrence had 3 fucking throat surgeries. It's actually amazing how he's still givin it all.

The instrumentals are fuckin insane and the lyrical content is amazing. While she sleeps has been constantly evolving and experimenting since their first EP. If you didn't get this yet please take 40 minutes of your life and see their documentary (So What? The Documentary). Maybe your point of view can be clarified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw7g8668bOU

This documentary is a MUST for everyone that listened to this album.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:01 AM, NieR:Automata™ said:

I know...its so stupid Haha

Especially when so many bands are actually better when they're less heavy.

Metalcore fans -__-

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Augusto said:

Yay, thanks for the 320 kbps release!

they have many songs with gang vocals since their first ep. I did not understand the complain... It's just a natural path to rely a bit more on that after all they've been through.

I definitely agree with you. This is the six is a true masterpiece.

It's just really laughable how people say this is not while she sleeps (or that they are decaying) and it all falls again at the same idiosyncratic edgy comments we see in every band that has been playing for more than 10 years. People are really sensible to change, aren't they? This is definitely their peak for instrumental as @CMGX6X said. Unfortunately Lawrence had 3 fucking throat surgeries. It's actually amazing how he's still givin it all.

The instrumentals are fuckin insane and the lyrical content is amazing. While she sleeps has been constantly evolving and experimenting since their first EP. If you didn't get this yet please take 40 minutes of your life and see their documentary (So What? The Documentary). Maybe your point of view can be clarified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw7g8668bOU

This documentary is a MUST for everyone that listened to this album.

Just because they use the effect a lot doesn't mean i have to like it. I think it detracts from thr vocal performance entirely and makes the choruses weaker