Rorschach

While She Sleeps - SO WHAT? (2019)

109 posts in this topic

I've tried to listen to this guys several times in the past but had no interest. Now this is different, very good

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

Wow just wow this is incredible not going to lie wasn’t a fan of the last album but this is good 

• Upvote 2

I've always though this band was over-hyped. They were on my list of "Bands you just don't get" 

You are We was the first album of their's that I didn't get bored to death halfway through, and that was still just mehhhhhh at best. 

that being said. I haven't listened to this new one yet, just needed to state the above. :)  

• Love 1

liked it more than I thought it would.

a little too much sonic homogeneity tho

kinda like beartooth, good songwriting, but all songs sound the same

also like beartooth, it's not going to sound much better in 320 than in 128

to be clear, not like beartooth in sound

if I say beartooth one more time I might summon Caleb Shomo

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

“I don’t understand the hype” - probably never saw them live when they were supporting Parkway Drive like 6 years ago when they were the opening set. Come a long way since then. This is what I wanted the new BMTH album to sound like

I hate the effect on the cleans on this album. Sounds like a crowd is singing along and it just sounds awful

• Upvote 1

It's alright. Might give it another listen later when I'm not so stoked for traitors.

11 hours ago, PhantomFear said:

The question is....do I bump now or wait for 320?

existential questions

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Drown said:

existential questions

way too late now :P

11 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

WSS Review:
Anti-Social: 4/5 | Solid track to start off the album :)
I've Seen it All: 4/5 | Love the Chorus of the song. Great instrumental. 
Inspire: 3/5 | Different electronics used on this one. It's Average.
So What: 4/5 | Average
The Guilty Party: 5/5 | Such a great song. Still one of the best songs I think on the album.
Haunt me: 4.5/5 | The song grew at me until the very end. Really great ending.
Elephant: 3/5 | not long enough but that's just me. good song tho
Set You Free: 3/5 | Its alright. A Slower song of course.
Good Grief: 3/5 | It's indeed a good grief
Back of My Mind: 4/5 | Hard song I like.
Gates of Paradise 4.5/5 | Great closer to the album. love the back vocals.

Overall the album is alright. I do recommend checking it out. Hopefully, they make more songs like The Guilty Party in the future.

you are so soft bro... at least for now, maybe you're just young... no hard feelings. could've just as easily replied to any other person on this thread or website the exact same thing, and i often do. 
guilty party probably tied for worst song they've ever made with like seven tracks from last album and hopefully none from this one. but i bet there are some doozies on here in a bad way. band was so good first ep and two LPs. then Loz wrecked his throat and they tasted money, and alas, theyve turned in this direction. its an affront to humanity really. but i hope there are a couple good tracks on here. anti-social was alright. haunt me was low mids. 
hilarious when you compare to the singles from brainwashed - new world torture, trophies of violence, torment, and our legacy. simply heinous. they should change the lyrics to new world torture for concert now : "We used to be underground! We've given in now!" new world torture is right. when u see WSS playing with fking asking alexandria and bring me the horizon... "Burn down our idols!" I'll probably be ranting on every WSS post for the next four years unless they decide they actually want to act their age. but its true, with Loz's throat its hard to see, especially while they continue to have popular success, which I bet they will. Good for the lads, I guess. 

• Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Drown said:

existential questions

after about 10 seconds of contemplation I realized it was worth the quality difference.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, LionHeart24 said:

you are so soft bro... at least for now, maybe you're just young... no hard feelings. could've just as easily replied to any other person on this thread or website the exact same thing, and i often do. 

All good I guess? I don't know if I'm offended or not. But if I had to pick better albums / Harder because you think im "soft" Set it off, Ghost Iris, Rotting Christ I found recently that was better than WSS.

• Upvote 1

The fact that my missus likes this album means something for sure. It's memorable, unexpected in places, got some massive hooks and is generally a great listen all the way through. 

8/10

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, neebnoob18 said:

liked it more than I thought it would.

a little too much sonic homogeneity tho

kinda like beartooth, good songwriting, but all songs sound the same

also like beartooth, it's not going to sound much better in 320 than in 128

to be clear, not like beartooth in sound

if I say beartooth one more time I might summon Caleb Shomo

Or @BERO

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

The drums are insane dude. Holy shit. Everything is so well put together in this one
EDIT: FUCK I AM LOVING THIS SO MUCCH

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

All good I guess? I don't know if I'm offended or not. But if I had to pick better albums / Harder because you think im "soft" Set it off, Ghost Iris, Rotting Christ I found recently that was better than WSS.

You seem pretty chill, so don't mind me. I'm just pissed cause these guys are children and I once looked up to them as men.  When i say you're "soft", i really just mean "wow, what you think is hard is heinously soft in comparison to actually heavy music". Rotting christ is basically the beacon of going for "power", but it being like, oh, so you are soft like baby fat. Set it off are pushing on boy band, (as wss is getting closer haha), ghost iris is soft like prog core.  U dont have to like it, but heavy is more like totem skin -(if u check em, try to push through the first half of most of their songs of chaos and wait for the builds- youll have more of a chance of liking those parts i'd guess-- the chaos is like the mayo - doesn't taste good by itself, just wets the sangwich for when the build comes) or like yektiniya by Batushka or traby zaglady by plaga or like ekkaia (piedre sobre piedre) or alpinist (try the charme of dominating *see that subtle sarcasm in title-not for the plebians* for a hella tight build), or daymare by portrayal of guilt or malengines here, where they should be by Trap them or Cleaved fang by Morrow or el ardor de la crueldad by Khmer, or ein letzter Tanz by Der Weg einer freiheit. for more accessible genres like deathcore, its like black mammoth or travelers by fit for an autopsy or parasites or erebus by aversions crown or for we are the fire by all hail the swinelord. for metalcore, heaven shall burn,  early Oh Sleeper, early Devil Sold His Soul (but hear theyre getting old singer back which is hype), maybe try Immerse by Fellsilent. for heavy emo stuff, try birds in row, early defeater, Manners (ct), return to the hall of souls by coma regalia, maybe blackbird raum since they're mostly cleans and kinda different. Feel free not to check any of these. To each in their own time. Took me years and years before my taste left the gutter, in my opinion, and if I had cared too much what ppl like me were saying on websites like this, my taste would've never developed properly. always were good things I liked, but in general, I had no ear for distinguishing authentic from inauthentic. had to happen over time as I grew as a person. this is just mostly me venting out my frustration at how far ive grown apart from floppy horsemeat like this. uninspired riffs, recycled lyrics, predictable songs. Every hard part is exactly that: "a hard part" like some middle schoolers trying to make the "hardest" thing they can come up with, but they're really just a boy band trying to rap in a metal song because its trending. If they were rappers, they'd be soft as hell. for good rap, see special teamz, slaine, sekel du 91, droogz brigade, ascended bastard. But yeah, I used to fucking love WSS holy shit. But they r literally a boy band now. its insane how good this is the six and brainwashed were, and its insane how lame this is. time for me to hit the guitar and notepad i guess... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, LionHeart24 said:

You seem pretty chill, so don't mind me. I'm just pissed cause these guys are children and I once looked up to them as men.  When i say you're "soft", i really just mean "wow, what you think is hard is heinously soft in comparison to actually heavy music". Rotting christ is basically the beacon of going for "power", but it being like, oh, so you are soft like baby fat. Set it off are pushing on boy band, (as wss is getting closer haha), ghost iris is soft like prog core.  U dont have to like it, but heavy is more like totem skin -(if u check em, try to push through the first half of most of their songs of chaos and wait for the builds- youll have more of a chance of liking those parts i'd guess-- the chaos is like the mayo - doesn't taste good by itself, just wets the sangwich for when the build comes) or like yektiniya by Batushka or traby zaglady by plaga or like ekkaia (piedre sobre piedre) or alpinist (try the charme of dominating *see that subtle sarcasm in title-not for the plebians* for a hella tight build), or daymare by portrayal of guilt or malengines here, where they should be by Trap them or Cleaved fang by Morrow or el ardor de la crueldad by Khmer, or ein letzter Tanz by Der Weg einer freiheit. for more accessible genres like deathcore, its like black mammoth or travelers by fit for an autopsy or parasites or erebus by aversions crown or for we are the fire by all hail the swinelord. for metalcore, heaven shall burn,  early Oh Sleeper, early Devil Sold His Soul (but hear theyre getting old singer back which is hype), maybe try Immerse by Fellsilent. for heavy emo stuff, try birds in row, early defeater, Manners (ct), return to the hall of souls by coma regalia, maybe blackbird raum since they're mostly cleans and kinda different. Feel free not to check any of these. To each in their own time. Took me years and years before my taste left the gutter, in my opinion, and if I had cared too much what ppl like me were saying on websites like this, my taste would've never developed properly. always were good things I liked, but in general, I had no ear for distinguishing authentic from inauthentic. had to happen over time as I grew as a person. this is just mostly me venting out my frustration at how far ive grown apart from floppy horsemeat like this. uninspired riffs, recycled lyrics, predictable songs. Every hard part is exactly that: "a hard part" like some middle schoolers trying to make the "hardest" thing they can come up with, but they're really just a boy band trying to rap in a metal song because its trending. If they were rappers, they'd be soft as hell. for good rap, see special teamz, slaine, sekel du 91, droogz brigade, ascended bastard. But yeah, I used to fucking love WSS holy shit. But they r literally a boy band now. its insane how good this is the six and brainwashed were, and its insane how lame this is. time for me to hit the guitar and notepad i guess... 

You seem to be an interesting human being.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, LionHeart24 said:

cool light novel, for when the anime adaptation?

• Haha 9

I think it is funny that people say about the singer having throat surgery, but is it really the fans fault they chose the singing path they did? NOPE! So why should we the fans suffer for their changing they way of their style because of it? Still not because of the fans. Just like BMTH. They chose their path, not us. Just because others like their change, does not mean I have to like it. I have not listen to this yet, and I am waiting for the 320 because even a leak 128 does not sound good to listen to, especially if it is ripped in mono, and I noticed they do that on this site. No, that does not mean I am saying they did that here. Could of but haven't listened to it because of the 128.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Or @BERO

beartooth

beartooth

beartooth

Amazing album. Quality sucks, waiting for 320.

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

I think it is funny that people say about the singer having throat surgery, but is it really the fans fault they chose the singing path they did? NOPE! So why should we the fans suffer for their changing they way of their style because of it? Still not because of the fans. Just like BMTH. They chose their path, not us. Just because others like their change, does not mean I have to like it. I have not listen to this yet, and I am waiting for the 320 because even a leak 128 does not sound good to listen to, especially if it is ripped in mono, and I noticed they do that on this site. No, that does not mean I am saying they did that here. Could of but haven't listened to it because of the 128.

Oli ruined his voice and BMTH chose to give in and go pop and mainstream and away from their signature sound that always drew fans in

WSS Vocalist ruined his voice and instead of giving in, the entire band chose to evolve with their signature WSS spark while keeping things heavy, raw and authentic. This album makes you think and feel things, I can't say the same for Amo. 

Please dont compare the two. WSS has always kept their fans in their minds and is doing it right.

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, SilverMk6 said:

I don't get the hype behind this band at all, lol like how are they so big their music is the definition of yawn as fuck 

They're bigger in the UK. I don't know they have a revolutionary feel to them and people can connect. Plus their albums have been getting better as time went on. This album might have been rished too much. I mean they just put out an album not even 2 years ago. But their layered sound makes them great. Their music is good, not the best. 

Upon second playthrough I feel I can give it a proper rating now. Still not that good. It's alright. 3/5. Had some memorable moments but as a whole forgettable.

Y'all just don't appreciate people who play their instruments incredibly well. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CMGX6X said:

Y'all just don't appreciate people who play their instruments incredibly well. 

Nah, i just don't appreciate boring music.

Probs not worth more than a handful of listens

6 hours ago, Adec21 said:

You seem to be an interesting human being.

i appreciate that. I'm sure you are as well, or at the very least will be if not already. 

5 hours ago, Drown said:

cool light novel, for when the anime adaptation?

dont rlly get what u mean bc I've never watched anime. seems like thats more your thing.
and i do write novels btw, and yes, it is light. 
you  sure you wouldn't have a better taste in music tho if you didn't allow ppls' judgments to prevent you from writing more than 1-2 sentences in fear of being met with some meagre bandwagoning joke? If you produce a real thought or opinion, people will judge you. Likewise with music. its really not that bad. especially after u get used to swatting away the flies... Of course, i know many prefer the path of the fly--there's always a lot of you that way--and there's always a buzz around your ears to keep you from hearing anything else...  just in case u were tryna chirp... anyways, love to all ye lads, hope you got a kick out of this banter as I surely did, even if I admit I should've spent 10 less minutes on it. sometimes just gotta throw it out there and see what comes back though. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LionHeart24 said:

i appreciate that. I'm sure you are as well, or at the very least will be if not already. 

dont rlly get what u mean bc I've never watched anime. seems like thats more your thing.
and i do write novels btw, and yes, it is light. 
you  sure you wouldn't have a better taste in music tho if you didn't allow ppls' judgments to prevent you from writing more than 1-2 sentences in fear of being met with some meagre bandwagoning joke? If you produce a real thought or opinion, people will judge you. Likewise with music. its really not that bad. especially after u get used to swatting away the flies... Of course, i know many prefer the path of the fly--there's always a lot of you that way--and there's always a buzz around your ears to keep you from hearing anything else...  just in case u were tryna chirp... anyways, love to all ye lads, hope you got a kick out of this banter as I surely did, even if I admit I should've spent 10 less minutes on it. sometimes just gotta throw it out there and see what comes back though. 

You don't know me, you don't know my story :D

Hop on discord, you'll hear my real thoughts and opinions

test

• Upvote 1