Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Rorschach

Badflower - OK, I'm Sick (2019)

28 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - February 22nd, 2019

Genre - Alternative Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist
1. x ANA x (04:36)
2. The Jester (04:05)
3. Ghost (04:19)
4. We’re in Love (04:02)
5. Promise Me (03:49)
6. Daddy (04:12)
7. 24 (04:39)
8. Heroin (04:41)
9. Die (03:05)
10. Murder Games (04:30)
11. Girlfriend (03:07)
12. Wide Eyes (03:58)
13. Cry (06:24)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I've been looking for this since x ANA x and Ghost came out, amazing tracks...having high hopes for their debut
Thanks a lot <3

• Upvote 1

Same here, I hope this will live up to those singles, if so, that's going to be a solid release !

• Upvote 1

Thought Davey Muise from Vanna came in on Wide Eyes near the end.

Pretty good album though, favourites are:

Ghost

Heroin

Die

Murder Games

Wide Eyes

OK, WE ARE SICK, LET'S ADMIT IT
 x ANA x (8/10) - I really like the angstiness and randomness of this track, spoken word...harsh language and the overall theme, but it's not perfect:ph34r:
2. The Jester (9/10) - If BMTH decided to go this kind of direction, I would be stoked, because I'm feeling "In The Dark" here
3. Ghost - (10/10) - Amazing track, got me fucking stoked about this debut album, such a nice message and instrumentation, anti-suicide
4. We’re in Love (9/10) - Can someone tell me why I have Savage Garden vibes in this track, mixed with Thrice? I didn't expect such a drive...and screams
5. Promise Me (8,5/10) - "Don't make me face the truth" My Chemical Romance 2?? At the start it doesn't quite sound like it, but as the track progress, shouting MCR in bridge
6. Daddy (8/10) - I sense this song is about alcoholism of someone's father and now he is dying to kidney failure, I mean, strong lyrics, solid instrumentals, really enjoyable
7. 24 (7,5/10) - Another really emotional song about himself and us...people, feeling depressed, broken and overall down, the number stands for age I guess? Slower and more into ballad
8. Heroin (8,5/10) - Singing and atmosphere on this track reminds me of Coheed and Cambria, it goes faster in a matter of minutes for a while, definitely feeling this one, guitar and drum work top notch
9. Die (10/10) - Ooooh, me likey, this one is angrey :lol: they've done so well on this one, you heard it "FUCK YOU!"
10. Murder Games (9/10) - This one is really unique and stands out of other tracks on this album for sure, that's what I like the most in here, constant family member shouting and chanting
11. Girlfriend (9,5/10) - Oh girlfriend, I don't have one, you neither, they neither...cuz girls nowadays are just...ugh in their heads, but it's a fucking chemistry and this song is just super good and relatable, not all of us JUST want to fuck you...
12. Wide Eyes (9/10) - That all of a sudden disgusting screamy bridge, holy mother of ass, mmm and the solo, this song is not that fast, but it is really agressive and also headbang worthy!
13. Cry (10/10) - This is just atmospheric all over the top, such a cool closer, it all fits so well...that one band I never remember name of xD I came...thrice :lenny:

We could say that almost every band starts their career with a complete banger, amazing debut, overall crispy and as well unique craftsmanship, but that's not the case for our guys here, they ABSOLUTELY broke the surface with a ballsack kicking energy alternative rock, bold, relentless, angsty, emotional,  and oh so so good <3

[9/10]

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Gotta say that this band absolutely never disappoints me 

They can mix in their emotion will some rather fun comedy. But they've got some heavy hitters here, that aren't sugar coated with comedy. 

The way they mix their vocals, instruments, and timing is incredible

Honestly gonna say a 10/10

Five Favorite tracks:

Promise Me 

Ghost 

Heroin (the album version is nuts compared to the EP one)

Daddy 

The Jester 

• Upvote 1

pretty good, but i still think their best track was "Soap"

• Downvote 1

Underrated band, this album is fantastic.

• Upvote 2

Album is solid! Comparisons to Highly Suspect are warranted, but I hear influences from all over the modern rock landscape.

They will be significant name by years end.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ossy33xxx said:

pretty good, but i still think their best track was "Soap"

Agreed

• Downvote 1

Can't wait to check this out. Previous stuff was a bit too light for my ears, but it seems with this release there's some heavy in there

Man, that user on here with their profile pic as the singer of Badflower/tagline as "OK, I'M SICK" is gonna lose their shit now xD

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

@Physyadelic Thank you.

Your review arouse my interest for the album. And I´m really enjoying it. Great, great debut !!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Venomborn said:

Man, that user on here with their profile pic as the singer of Badflower/tagline as "OK, I'M SICK" is gonna lose their shit now xD

He may have his pic as that but I guarantee I'm the bigger fan

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Venomborn said:

yes i have. 

i in fact had to run into the bathroom when i saw this. lol

• Haha 3

ok so im not done yet (on Wide Eyes now) but so far my top 5 are 

1. Die
  2. Ghost
  3. Wide Eyes
  4. Girlfriend
  5. x ANA x

Badflower here we go:

x ANA x: 3.5/5 - solid first track for the album. Let's see how the rest of the album will be. I Like the randomness in the track.
The Jester: 2/5 - Not into it. Great instrumental in the song. Lyric wise just didn't get me into it.
Ghost: 3.5/5 - Good track. I can kind of get into the song. Good grove to the song. Chrous is good.
We're In Love: 3.5/5 - Really good track. You do get into this song well. great instrumental
Promise Me: 4/5 - Better than most of the album so far. Love the triangle they use. Love the lyrics in the song. You can really rock hard with this song.
Daddy: 4.5/5 - Honestly really great song. Not giving it perfect because it could have been harder but it's really good. Better than most of the album so far.
24: 4/5 - That intro Guitar Riff is amazing. Good chill vibes I think he should have made it a bit faster at around the 1 min mark. Took a bit for it to catch up I think it had very high potential. Still an amazing song
Heroin: 4/5 - Solid song. Love the blend between soft and rock
Die: 5/5 - Now this is the shit I wanted the album to be. Great Track.
Murder Games: 5/5 - Love the effects on the song. Lyrics. Instrumental. Feeling. Intro. AMAZING Track. Love the Guitar Solo. God damn this track is good. That guitar screaming at the end broke my ears but amazing track
Girlfriend: 3/5 - Meh.
Wide Eyes: 5/5 - Great chorus. Love the ending. Love the instrumental. Another great catchy song.
Cry: 4.5/5 - Great closer to the album. Enough said.

51.5/65 or 79/100 

Honestly a great album. Great tracks. Check out the album. Fav Tracks: Die, Murder Games, Wide Eyes, Daddy. Check out the album. Will it be on my AOTY list? imma give a hard pass. Sorry fellas but it's a good album tho.

ok after ive been playing the album on loop my new top 5

1. Die
  2. We're in Love
  3. 24
  4. Ghost
  5. Wide Eyes

I might be the only one but I had My Chemical Romance vibes in "Promise Me" and Billy Talent vibes in "Daddy". 

Album is damn good, didn't expect that!

7 hours ago, Speak of Sorrow said:

I might be the only one but I had My Chemical Romance vibes in "Promise Me" and Billy Talent vibes in "Daddy". 

Album is damn good, didn't expect that!

I'd say more so Mayday Parade vibes

here's my review 

unknown (1).png

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

OK, this is sick!

Besides that first song, this is really good. Some very dark material as well.

39 minutes ago, I-495 said:

Besides that first song, this is really good. Some very dark material as well.

Agree, but the first is kinda meant to be funny and not serious, so i wouldn't be too harsh on it

first 3 songs are best, with ghost being the strongest. i enjoyed the end of 'the jester'. sometimes he gets a bit too dramatic, a la My Chem-ish. overall the rock style works

'ghost' by itself could be seen as a strong modern rock song